Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-12-2018, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
If the focus of gun safety is mental health, let’s start w/ this question:

1. Do you want to posses this weapon because you seriously believe that one day you and your drinking buddies will single-handedly go up against the US Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines to, “fight tyranny?”
No, but against 3 armed bad guys, I'm going to want more than a pistol or pump shotgun.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-12-2018, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
No, but against 3 armed bad guys, I'm going to want more than a pistol or pump shotgun.
Who did you piss off? Why are republicans so afraid all the time?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-12-2018, 11:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who did you piss off? Why are republicans so afraid all the time?
Have you ever seen a TV show called "the news"? I have a few close cop friends, and they all carry off duty. Not because they are afraid, but because they have seen firsthand how vicious people can be and how frequently it happens.

But keep living in your safe zone bubble. Let me guess, you are 22 and live in North Cali?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2018, 1:27 AM Reply   
45 and live in NZ. I know one person who owns a gun and shoots it regularity, What are you guys doing so differently?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2018, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
Have you ever seen a TV show called "the news"? I have a few close cop friends, and they all carry off duty. Not because they are afraid, but because they have seen firsthand how vicious people can be and how frequently it happens.

But keep living in your safe zone bubble. Let me guess, you are 22 and live in North Cali?
You were super close, I'm 48 and live in Washington state.
Right, so you've let the "news" manipulate your fears and now you believe that you are in constant danger even though statistically, the US has never been safer. Cops have the same bias. Everyone they meet in their jobs are either criminals or victims. When you live like that it doesn't take long to believe that everyone in the US is either a criminal or a victim because that is their experience. Doesn't mean its true. If you're gonna spend your days wandering through crack dens then by all means be afraid. If you just going to costco, and your afraid, you are a puss.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-13-2018, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Right, so you've let the "news" manipulate your fears and now you believe that you are in constant danger even though statistically, the US has never been safer. Cops have the same bias. Everyone they meet in their jobs are either criminals or victims. When you live like that it doesn't take long to believe that everyone in the US is either a criminal or a victim because that is their experience. Doesn't mean its true. If you're gonna spend your days wandering through crack dens then by all means be afraid. If you just going to costco, and your afraid, you are a puss.
And the downside of me carrying a pistol is....what exactly? I have it for the same reason I have car insurance and fire extinguishers, and I have never needed either.

Not sure last time you were in Atlanta but it might be a bit different than Washington.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-14-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hmm. Gun ownership has been increasing yet "statistically the US has never been safer"