Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-04-2018, 5:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Opps, here ya go, I was thinking of another post when I replied...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-daniel-shaver

This cop was really s**ting his pants so hard he was screaming at the guy making him freak with his threats and asking him to do crazy sh*t.
That case is over a year old. Dude give it up. Your grasping at straws here . Just admit your full of **** ..

Keep googling you missed a bunch more shootings in between that where cops didn’t **** their pans. ...........just another example of a guy being observed by numerous people, including the arriving police, waving a rifle out the window of his hotel room showing off for his girlfriend. The guy was asked if he was intoxicated , replies no. The guy then reached for his waistband numerous times after being told not to do so and was shot after being told he would be if he reached again . No one is a winner in this scenario . It’s clear there are training deficiencies involved here regarding some elements of commands , but this went to court and jury found the actions of the police “reasonable “ under the circumstances.

Still waiting for a reply on how to handle the scenario you posted above , and I’ll ask that same question here regarding the next scenario you posted , what would you do to a guy who was observed armed with a rifle who doesn’t follow any of of your commands and keeps reaching for the place handguns are kept the most in a tight hallway with no cover ?

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-04-2018 at 5:35 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-05-2018, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
That case is over a year old. Dude give it up. Your grasping at straws here . Just admit your full of **** ..
But you said the Arizona story was a lie.

The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is a scared cop...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...5UD?li=BBnbfcL
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2018, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
But you said the Arizona story was a lie.

The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is a scared cop...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...5UD?li=BBnbfcL
You still want to keep digging eh?

You first post about a "Recent" Arizona police shooting........... I post the links to the two most recent shootings disputing your claims. You go on to then post a link to a 4 yr old story in Orlando claiming it to represent your argument after a quick google search Completely wrong town, completely wrong state. Police actually shoot an armed offender . You make the claim you posted a wrong link....Ill give yo that bs excuse, but then you go on to actually describe the Orlando link in your response furthering the fact you wanted that story to be your next response, Again another piss poor attempt to cover your baseless claims. You now then realize you screwed up again after finding out the actual facts, do some more google searching and come up with a case from Arizona over a year old......far from recent, In another attempt to back up your claims.

In your latest story you reference an individual that was shot by police while holding a gun and not responding to police commands. Nothing even remotely close to your first claims. Turns out he was actually a person who disarmed an armed kidnapper and was holding the weapon used by the kidnapper as proof police are scared ****less and want to assassinate everyone. Very tragic scenario. Facts of the case at hand this time...Police called to the scene of an armed kidnapper/hostage taker with a gun inside a church. Police respond with a description of the offender, on approach into the the church they hear a gunshot, hear people screaming and encounter a man holding a firearm. Possibly matching the description, unknown for sure with details released to public at this time. Guy holding the gun was just involved in a struggle for his life , now hopped up on adrenaline. I am sure you being an expert in lethal force encounters know exactly what adrenaline will do to your motor functions and ability to respond to simple commands. From the story its sounds like he didn't follow those commands. Keep in mind this is all in a scene of chaos and pandemonium. You are now the police officer staring down a guy, holding a firearm, in a scene of people zip tied and screaming, that has a 50/50 chance of wanting to kill you or one of them in a blink of an eye. Give him simple commands, he chooses not to follow them. Take a look at the last video I posted, Don't blink tho, because you'll miss the fact a guy jumped out of car pulled a gun and fired off 10rounds in less than 3 seconds .So now you maybe have a second to decide whether this guy is going to kill you or someone else first. You give him a a small opportunity , he choses to not listen so that window is closing faster ....It's clear from your posts you don't believe the police should fire til they take a few in the chest. I am sure your expertise is aware how much time it takes for someone to raise a weapon and pull the trigger and fire off the entire magazine should they be hell bent on killing you.

I am still awaiting your answers...........again run and bury you head in the sand when the tough questions are asked .....So again I ask you ......how would YOU have handled all these situations you presented ? You clearly disagree with the way these were handled . Give us a detailed breakdown of each scenario you linked, on what you would do.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-05-2018 at 2:54 PM.