Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-14-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
What did you expect. Arrest them all. Lock em up and prosecute Killary. Empty threats against the Evil left only encourages them.
Lock them up? Free speech there buddy. So now you guys are not only anti-capitalist but anti-constitution. You guys are on a roll.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Lock them up? Free speech there buddy. So now you guys are not only anti-capitalist but anti-constitution. You guys are on a roll.
Typical Commie excuse. It is against the law look it up 18 USC 871. "The essence of the offence is knowing and willful making of a true threat. So,if it is proved within a reasonable doubt that the person made a true threat against the President, willfully intending that it be understood by others as a serious threat, then the offense is complete; it is not necessary to prove that the person actually intended to carry out the threat". It's is Evil that Anti-American Commie Liberals insist this is free speech, but do not allow right wing speakers to speak at college campuses.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-14-2017, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Typical Commie excuse. It is against the law look it up 18 USC 871. "The essence of the offence is knowing and willful making of a true threat. So,if it is proved within a reasonable doubt that the person made a true threat against the President, willfully intending that it be understood by others as a serious threat, then the offense is complete; it is not necessary to prove that the person actually intended to carry out the threat". It's is Evil that Anti-American Commie Liberals insist this is free speech, but do not allow right wing speakers to speak at college campuses.
I mean I'm sure you read that statute before you cited it, but here's the link for everybody else.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/871

Not sure what a written threat deposited in the mail has to do with anything you are talking about?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I mean I'm sure you read that statute before you cited it, but here's the link for everybody else.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/871

Not sure what a written threat deposited in the mail has to do with anything you are talking about?
www.lectlaw.com/def2/t028.htm for everyone other then liberals
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-14-2017, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
www.lectlaw.com/def2/t028.htm for everyone other then liberals
for everyone other than liberals, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges you mean.

The statute you cited clearly is limited to written threats deposited in the U.S. Mail. Says so itself.

I would enjoy watching the hilarity that would ensue from a U.S. Attorney trying to cite the "Lectric Law Library" to prosecute, though.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2017, 3:11 PM Reply   
Even after a few years of hooky, Wakeworld never ceases to entertain...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Even after a few years of hooky, Wakeworld never ceases to entertain...
Crazy eh? Legal experts complaining on a wakeboard forum that the govt won't arrest the people they want arrested. It's like the whole govt is against them. And why did they pick a wakeboard forum?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
for everyone other than liberals, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges you mean.

The statute you cited clearly is limited to written threats deposited in the U.S. Mail. Says so itself.

I would enjoy watching the hilarity that would ensue from a U.S. Attorney trying to cite the "Lectric Law Library" to prosecute, though.
It is not only the mail, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes such a threat. Read it again.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-14-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is not only the mail, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes such a threat. Read it again.
ha! Hey you are right. My bad.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-14-2017, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Then explain hate speech laws, Mouth of Wisdom?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-14-2017, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Then explain hate speech laws, Mouth of Wisdom?
Please, I beg of you to show me hate speech laws. I'll be waiting.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-14-2017, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Please, I beg of you to show me hate speech laws. I'll be waiting.
"speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law"

"Beauharnis v. Illinois, the Supreme Court developed a free speech jurisprudence that loosened most aspects of the free speech doctrine.[85] In 1942, Justice Frank Murphy summarized the case law: "There are certain well-defined and limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise a Constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous and the insulting or 'fighting' words – those which by their very utterances inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace."[86]"

We could also discuss the over 350 "speech codes" enforced by our universities & other Gov agencies, if you'd like.

Last edited by racer808; 06-14-2017 at 3:10 PM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-14-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
"speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law"

"Beauharnis v. Illinois, the Supreme Court developed a free speech jurisprudence that loosened most aspects of the free speech doctrine.[85] In 1942, Justice Frank Murphy summarized the case law: "There are certain well-defined and limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise a Constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous and the insulting or 'fighting' words – those which by their very utterances inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace."[86]"

We could also discuss the over 350 "speech codes" enforced by our universities & other Gov agencies, if you'd like.
You realize there have been more rulings since Beauharnis that have essentially led to that being null right? And that ruling was basically an extension of libel laws that is now looked at to be bad ruling/law.

Bring up the speech codes, I would love to!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-14-2017, 3:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
You realize there have been more rulings since Beauharnis that have essentially led to that being null right? And that ruling was basically an extension of libel laws that is now looked at to be bad ruling/law.

It didn't make the incite violence part null. What part of the speech codes would you like to discuss? There are over 350 of them so pick one.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-14-2017, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
It didn't make the incite violence part null. What part of the speech codes would you like to discuss? There are over 350 of them so pick one.
Again, show me one that has held up in court. There aren't any, so it shouldn't take too long to look them
Up. Even Berkeley allows hate speech. Fighting words don't fall under free speech, so inciting violence is null.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:

Wow this Communist anarchist needs to be put away for good. Lost her job as teacher and the commie bitch got it back. Thank You Calif. Teachers Federation for putting her back into the classroom and filling young empty heads with hate and terror.