Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-26-2016, 3:19 PM Reply   
Social Security is a good thing and as ALL good things done by government it was done by Democrats. I agree with getting health care costs under control and I agree that the national debt is a boogey man used by the GOP to scare simple minded conservative voters. The money you contributed to Social Security WAS your money. It very much WAS. Then people like Delta voted for scumbags that spent it before it even had a chance to earn interest and now it's gone. You can't say "that's my money because I was the one who contributed it to the fund". The reason you can't claim it is because it isn't there anymore. The Democrats didn't take it. Ronald Reagan took it. GHWB took it. Little coke head Bush took it. Newt Gingrich took it. They gave it away to people who are a hell of a lot richer than you are and you let them take it because you worshipped the so called "job creators" like they were gods. You let them give away a dollar so that someone could use that dollar to pay someone 50 cents with it. Now you need me and those younger than I am to fix it after you let them put laws in place to prevent us from fixing it. In the mean time you continue to screw it up on your way to the grave.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2016, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
The money you contributed to Social Security WAS your money. It very much WAS. Then people like Delta voted for scumbags that spent it before it even had a chance to earn interest and now it's gone. You can't say "that's my money because I was the one who contributed it to the fund". The reason you can't claim it is because it isn't there anymore. The Democrats didn't take it. Ronald Reagan took it.
Good F*K'n lord. Get an education. The money contributed is not your money because the SC ruled that it's not your money. So yeah, you depend on your elected representatives to protect your "entitlement" to some measure of your contributions. But nobody *stole* the money. It's invested in Treasury Bonds and accounted for. Now if you are a huge douchbag like Trump you might consider it a good idea to default on US debts. But it's the responsibility of sane people to make sure that doesn't happen.
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Social Security is a good thing and as ALL good things done by government it was done by Democrats. I agree with getting health care costs under control and I agree that the national debt is a boogey man used by the GOP to scare simple minded conservative voters. The money you contributed to Social Security WAS your money. It very much WAS. Then people like Delta voted for scumbags that spent it before it even had a chance to earn interest and now it's gone. You can't say "that's my money because I was the one who contributed it to the fund". The reason you can't claim it is because it isn't there anymore. The Democrats didn't take it. Ronald Reagan took it. GHWB took it. Little coke head Bush took it. Newt Gingrich took it. They gave it away to people who are a hell of a lot richer than you are and you let them take it because you worshipped the so called "job creators" like they were gods. You let them give away a dollar so that someone could use that dollar to pay someone 50 cents with it. Now you need me and those younger than I am to fix it after you let them put laws in place to prevent us from fixing it. In the mean time you continue to screw it up on your way to the grave.
You mean like freeing the slaves, making them able to be people and so on?

boogey man like telling old people that republicans are going to take their social security, destroy the atmosphere, murder their children with guns, not pay their fair share, hates immigrants, suppresses black people, and so on?

Really Republicans took it huh? You do know that the democrats have historically been in charge of congress like forever. Only time was a small window with the second Bush and now. You obviously don't now how the system works so why bother, however they can say the money is for whatever it is supposed to be for. At the end of the day, money is money. Put too much in the economy you have inflation. Take to much out you have deflation. Keep coming up with programs that use money, you have to print more. Keep signing treaties designed to move money to the 3rd world, they you have to print more again.

You really need to understand where laws originate.

How do you suppose you fix Social Security. Bush tried and democrats ran around in terror that he was taking their funds. Social Security has no growth potential because it is not invested in higher yield investments. So at best it is about future generations putting in to pay for those before. It is a pyramid scheme from the inception.

Last edited by deltahoosier; 10-27-2016 at 11:34 AM.