Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-06-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
But I seriously doubt that you'd be be able to get a mid-level $140k G23 for any less than $120k, which means that you'd be looking at a $25-30k difference that definitely helps sway some buyers over to the ASR
My buddies G was 143k MSRP, and out the door at $109k and change (Before taxes). Probably a better than average deal because he buys new every three years........ Still, the available difference between MSRP, and selling price, on a Nautique, is almost 10% more than the gap that a lot of other boat companies run. "The big three" have always been known for this. Malibu not as much as CC and MC, but still considerably more markup than Tige, Supra, MB, Moomba, etc.

Obviously, this can vary in some cases. But if all things are equal, you will get about 15k more discount on a G, than you would an ASR. (According to a dealer that carries both. Although, I believe they dropped Tige now)
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       04-06-2014, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
My buddies G was 143k MSRP, and out the door at $109k and change (Before taxes). Probably a better than average deal because he buys new every three years........ Still, the available difference between MSRP, and selling price, on a Nautique, is almost 10% more than the gap that a lot of other boat companies run. "The big three" have always been known for this. Malibu not as much as CC and MC, but still considerably more markup than Tige, Supra, MB, Moomba, etc.

Obviously, this can vary in some cases. But if all things are equal, you will get about 15k more discount on a G, than you would an ASR. (According to a dealer that carries both. Although, I believe they dropped Tige now)
$109k is an insane deal on a G. I sold cars for a living for a while, so I'm no slouch when it comes to negotiations. The G I looked at was $138k and the best I could talk them down to was $125k + TTL.

If my math serves me correct, that means your buddy got a G23 for about $100k before taxes? I find it hard to believe that he was able to negotiate 30% off the sticker, but then stranger things have happened. If Tige is inflating their prices by that same ratio, then it would stand to reason that an established repeat buyer could possibly get the same discount on a mid level $120k ASR and buy it for under $85k before taxes. If Tige can legitimately sell them anywhere close to that price, then I could easily see them kicking the bejeezus out of Nautique in that segment of the market.