Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
I have some pretty serious water spots on my trailer On the parts of the trailer that I dont get to wipe down each time I take the boat in and out of the water. They are super tough to get off. I tryed Viniger (didn't touch them) Cleaner Wax and Rubbing compound seems to work but it's a tone of work and there is NO way Im gonna get them all. Especially the ones in the nook's and crack's. I was thinking about C.L.R.
Upload
Has anyone tryed this stuff for water spot's
If so what sort of mixture of CLR did you use? 50/50 60/40 ect. Or what else is out there to get rid of water spot's.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       12-15-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Old fashion fabric softener works great.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-15-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
G, try Zymol cleaner and wax. That is what I used and all of the spots came off. But you have to let that stuff set up for a few minutes. What I did was use the stuff on my whole trailer, starting at the back and working my way forward. Once the trailer was covered, then I started at the back again and started wiping it off and using a buffer. Try that and see if it works for you.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
I have some Zymol. Its not the cleaner wax, So Ill look 4 some. (Great that what I need another cleaner wax) LOL I still have 3 full bottles of diffrent cleaner waxes. I never end up using very much of any of them.
DRA: Farbric softner. Are you serious. I have NEVER heard of that as a water spot remover.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
BTW I tryed some full strenth CLR and it seemd to work just a bit. It seemd to take some of the chaulky white out of the crack's.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-15-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Muratic Acid will solve your problem but will also cause anything on your trailer that isnt painted to rust. I think if you do it then make sure and wash all of the acid off with water you will solve your problem.

Make sure and apply a coat of wax after you are finished.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       12-17-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
I finally took the carpet off the steps on my trailer this season and there were horrible deposits all along where the carpet held water against the trailer. I tried rubbing compound and a few other things before I switched to full-strength CLR. I used a toothbrush and it worked pretty darn well. Bonus that it also removed some of the minor rust spots.

Sounds like you may have experienced some similar success.