Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-20-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
I am looking into a new setup, and like the look/sound of the B Side and Murrays. I am first wondering if there are any new features on the 09 B Side that would make it worth shelling out the extra cash. I prefer the graphics of the 08, and from reading the website blurb, I dont think there are any changes. Please let me know if I am mistaken, and any additional comments on the board's performance would be great. I am also looking for a little input on the 09 Murray boots. They look good, and apparently have some new features that improve the ride. Any word on problems, or warnings, as well as first impressions? Thanks for the input.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-20-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
The 09 Murrays are sick! There are no changes from the 08 b side to the 09. That's a sick set up!
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-20-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
08 Bside looks much better than the 09 and it is the same board. 09 murrays look the goods for hyperlite to completely redesign a boot after just one year something must be improved a hell of alot!
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       11-21-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have the 08 B Side & love it. Looking to get new bindings for 09 and was thinking CWB Faction or Zeus but will have to look at the 09 Murrays.
Old    joshj095            11-24-2008, 5:37 AM Reply   
check out the 09 b-side. its stick. better graphics for sure. same shape and every thing. i have the 08 and its held up very well. definatly recommended. go get it. or just buy it from hyperlite. www.hyperlite.com
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-24-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
my shape is the same for the year, but still loving it. not sure about the bside, but pretty sure it's the same shape as well. my boots are totally new materials and fit. wrap around liner, new footbed, great fit. gotta try them out.
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-24-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Rode the Murray a few weeks ago and loved it. Not getting rid of my Monarch yet but I would definately consider the Murray for the way feels on the water alone.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-24-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Rode the Murray all last season. Love the board. I rode my friends Tribute and B side boards. They both ride nice. But I definitely prefer the new Murray shape. My friend ended up buying the 08 Murray on closeout after riding mine...he is riding that board next season. He might be willing to sell his 08 B side if you are still interested. His girlfriend likes his Tribute..so that now is her board. Shaun...did they change the core material for 09. Looks like a biolite foam core.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-24-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
core isn't changing, but it is the newer, lighter stronger core we have been running. Pretty sure it is finalized that we are putting carbon strips in the boards to give them a little more pepper off the wake.
(in a low, whispering, subliminal voice) ride the murray. shhhhh.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-24-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
I am stoked on the 09 murray setup!!! Am riding the 06 murray with 07 murray bindings time for an upgrade :-) cant wait for it to his stores will be getting it for sure!
Keep up the good work Shaun!!!!

About the board though is it the same core as the 08 or is it a lighter core? and are the carbon strips an addition that was not on the 08?
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-24-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Ok sorry just read the part that said the core isnt changed and the part that says we are putting in the carbon strips makes me think its a new edition :-) all the same this board will rock!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
As much as I respect Mr Murray, and loved the professionalism in explaining the features of the new board, I also love three stage rockers, so unless someone wants to hook me up with a super ultra mega uuber limited board...Ill keep looking at the B Side. Sounds like my proposed setup is a hit though. Now all I need is open water to ride it on after I purchase.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-24-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Murray's board is a hybrid of both 3 stage and continuous you do know that right Ben? (just making sure is all) I would have to say it is the most "truest "HYBRID"" out there... this being said without ever riding it myself.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-25-2008, 2:21 AM Reply   
yeah check out the run down on the features of the board on the video on youtube the rail of the board is continuous and the middle of the board is three stage.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 5:23 AM Reply   
Yes, I know it is a hybrid, but I really like straight up 3 stage rockers, I usually run the boat faster than my friends so speed isnt an issue for me, and I need all the pop I can get, so I am sticking with what I know.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-25-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
yeah fair enough ben
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-25-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Ben...I have to say...jumpin the b side board...it really did not seem to pop as good as the murray. You really should try to ride this board if you can. both sides of the coin riders. continuous riders and three stage riders love this board. It is super fast on edge coming into the wake...and it will orbit you. Honestly..been riding 12 plus years...this thing scared the crap out of me my first time out. My buddy John agreed once he rode it. Once you ride it and know the flow of the ride..hands down its the best board IMO. Jeremy Byrom is right on the money (for a bro that never rode it) it is the truest HYBRID board on the market. If you can Ben..ride before plopin the cash down. I honestly think you will not be disappointed. But everyone is different. I can truly say though...this is the first board where everyone in my wake crew (12 total) agreed that it is a great ride. Shaun thanks for the headsup on the materials for the 09 board.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       11-25-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
I currently ride (and love) the B Side, but I can't get this freakin voice out of my head that keeps telling me to "ride the Murray". I may succumb and give it a test run next Spring. Hopefully I will have better luck resisting that other voice that keeps telling me to shoot my neighbor's barking dog.

Definitely plan to try the new Murray bindings.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input scott, demoing boards isnt really an option for me in Ontario, but if I get the chance I will for sure. I did watch Shaun's explination of all the features, and every one made sense, so I will for sure check it out, hopefully when I go to the Toronto boat show in January.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-25-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
cool.....to many times i bought rode a board and returned the board in disappointment...just trying to steer you from the hassle of returning and explaining why you dont't like it etc. etc. Steve try not to shoot the neighbor's dog...we have one of those in our sub too...so I know what you mean. B side is a really good board....demoing a board makes it so much easier to compare..or if you have enough wakefriends..you can get a good review and try their boards. I rode the Byerly monarch this past season...now that was a weird and very strange board. real akward for me for sure.