Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-17-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
Well I just bought a Pioneer Inno XM receiver for use while running, in the boat, car, and at home. I have to say, I’m really disappointed in the signal strength or lack there of.

While running, it won’t work if it doesn’t have line of sight towards the southern sky which really sucks. In the house, it’s useless; it has to be in a southern facing window.

I understand that it’s the powerfulness of the satellites that’s limiting it penetration through roofs but… what receivers do you all have that have gotten a decent signal inside??? (XM or Sirius)

Does Sirius require the units/antennas be placed in a southern window??
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
I live in Washington state & have both XM & Sirius. We have the same reception issues. Drive downtown with all the big buildings & satellite goes in & out. But get on the open freeway & it's fine. With it in the boat, if we drive up to a cliff or bank of trees on the south side, no reception. It's the nature of the beast with the satellites based to the south & us being to the north.

That said, I'm about to junk XM. The ads they play suck. And the programming on most of the station blows. The XM came in a Chevy Avalanche I bought a couple months ago. But I just found a direct replacement Sirius controller to go with. Give me back HairNation!

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on April 17, 2008)
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2008, 5:59 AM Reply   
I have to say Sirius is better than XM, but I have both too. FACTION!!!!!
F regular radio!
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
that really sucks and i would be pissed. i have sirius and live in texas and it just has to be facing straight up. i get service downtown austin with all the buildings.