Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       03-10-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
so turns out i tore my right achilles yesterday snowboarding. anyone have any experience with this injury? should be in for surgery friday i was told. doc then said 6 weeks of crutches and probably be 4 months total down the road before i can get at stuff hard again. anyone have any insight?
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-10-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
sounds fun.........

i feel you though man, i tore some tendons/ligaments doing parkour in mid december and i'm just now being able to do some stuff on it
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
It will take awhile heal. Wakeboarding this season may not happen. Sorry for the lousy outlook.
Use the crutches and don't try to push the healing process. Not going to work. Soft tissue takes long to heal especially if you don't keep the swelling down.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-10-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
I had a partially torn achilles a few years back and some torn legiments, no surgery needed, however, it took well over 6 months before it felt close normal again. Sorry to hear it man it is really painful and takes along time to heal and get strong again.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Huh? Thats really fast for the achilles. Was it a slight tear? Be careful with those. If it ruptures, its a guaranteed year on the shelf.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-10-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
my buddy tore his and he still isnt 100% after 2 years. Thats probably the worst thing you could do from what i've heard.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-10-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
ya and if you wait to long to get it fixed it the tissue can start to turn to mush and break down and it will never heal right. sux man
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
they gave me the option of surgery or a cast for 8 weeks. i went with surgery because #1 i live in canada so it won't cost me anything #2 will have movement shortly after #3 rather make sure its all connected again than just hope with the cast. the surgery is getting done on friday and i tore it sunday, so 6 days after the tear. its a complete tear. i plan on busting my ass to rehab it at physio.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
You're still going to casted for a complete tear. I've seen too many people who were not casted after surgery, attempt to wt bear post op only to disrupt the repair.
No wt should be put on the repaired leg until 6-8 wk after the surgery.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Steve...they use a heavy suture for the repair and it's important to immobilize it so you don't tear the suture so it can heal. You'll be ok...just be patient with the healing process.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
I completely ruptured mine and was in a toe down cast for 8 weeks followed by 6 months to get the achiles re-stretched to walk correctly and another 6 months to no pain.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-12-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
how exactly did you tear this snowboarding?
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       03-12-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
was goin 270 out on a c-box and came up 90 short, and landed super hard on my toes and it popped.