Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-06-2017, 6:21 PM Reply   
I am currently in the market for a new pair of open toe bindings. I currently ride hyperlite team OT bindings (3rd pair) which I really like but they don't seem to stand up to the abuse. I have a pair of liquid force b1 bindings I rode for a season but never stepped foot in again after the hyperlite teams. After a few conversations with my local dealer and hyperlite rep they convinced me to try a pair of hyperlite team x boot which in my opinion felt absolutely terrible I pulled them off after the first run. I never felt like they held my foot very securely and found my right foot constantly riding the toe. The stiffness of the binding was a little excessive for my liking but being as it was a brand new boot I can't say i hold it against it yet. All in all after a few passes I found the boot extremely uncomfortable and put my open toes back on. I have tried the liquid force Harley's a couple years ago and disliked the weight and bulkiness of the boot, again I never got the secure feeling. A friend of mine recently purchased the cwb dowdy board and bindings and those feel great compared to the others, however I feel like the close toe game is over rated personally and just want to find an open toe boot that is designed on performance and built to last. I am an intermediate rider with about 5-6 inverts a few rotations and a lot of board time. Wakeboard shops are not really a thing in my area unfortunately so it's tough to try anything on before purchase. Thanks in advance for any input.

-Dan