Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-06-2017, 5:03 AM Reply   
my local lake had a meeting last night about several people complaining about wakeboats with ballast (surfing and Wakeboarding) We showed up to the meeting out numbered 3 to1 probably. A lot of people kept talking about erosion of the shore line and property damage do to the "wakeboats" Yet no one provided any proof or pictures or hard facts that without a doubt that the "ballast boats" are causing damage and more erosion. This is homeowners vs the public basically. The lake is a Public lake, a very popular lake in the summer here in Texas. I argued that a 15-20 mph wind does as much or more damage than a boat passing by 4-5 times. This is going to be an uphill fight. The lake board is really all open to hear what ever, 2 are strongly for keeping wakeboats (also property owners) one doesn't care. And the other 2 are up for the best fight and one of those said :to me it will be what the majority want"

They specifically mentioned a certain boat several times (not me)

My Plan.
1. Out number the people against in the Meeting
2. Get some hard facts that ballast boats are not the only boats that are causing excelled erosion
3. Show that erosion is impossible to stop

Can any of yall please help me with this if you have fought similar battles

What Can I do?