Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       12-30-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
After two years of really enjoying our MB Sports Boss 210 we have decided to move onto something a little bigger. I'm a old school water ski guy so that's why we went with the direct drive when we got it a few years ago but over time I've started to enjoy the kneeboarding, wakeboarding, and we even tried (unsuccessfully) to surf. The surfing thing really got my wife interested because she likes low impact and less of a chance of getting hurt. We are in the market for something newer than our 1996 and would like to find something with perfect pass (I hear this is a must for surfing) a V-drive with ballast. I've been searching like crazy but because I like to do a little bit of everything I'm a little torn. I want something that sits deep in the water for the safety. We have a 1 year old so sitting in a slammed boat is all good when you are out for a session with the guys, but I'm going to spend more time on this with my kid than without. So I'd like it to have factory ballast. I'm not brand loyal to anything just looking for a good do all boat. I was trying to stay below $25k but I'm finding a lot of nice boats in the 25-30 range. I realize I'm searching for a needle in a hay stack and it's not going to be a brand new boat. I'm fine with that. Just looking for some suggestions from some guys who do a little bit of everything. I don't need the biggest surf wake, but something that can be surfed. We found a Regal Session that we really liked the interior of, but those boats seem to be dang near hated on this site and without them being in production I could see some problems down the road. Here is the link to what first got us thinking about it.

http://www.wawaseeboat.com/pre_owned...sp?veh=4028198

So what would you guys suggest?

Thank you, I have only been in one nice wake boat, most of my time has been in direct drives so I'm a little new to all of this, sorry for the ignorance!