Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-12-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have long been under the impression that the retail diamond market is so closely controlled that it did not really matter where you bought from. It appeared to me that weight and class determined price to a tolerance close enough to negate the need to shop around. At least it was that way 17 years ago the last time I bough a diamond.
So now I am looking for a simple pair of earnings for a date soon coming and need your advise. I would like to get a pair of simple classic studs for the wife maybe 1- 1.5ct. of upper middle grade. Not perfect, but not cheep crap but good color and pop. I figure I'm on the hook for $1,200 to 2,000. The difference is allot of boat gas.
So do I go to my local goldsmith who has hooked me up for years? Costco? Cant do the net without a support group, sorry, Major department store? Zales? The jewelry store that advertises all day on the channel I listen too?
I dont walk in and spend one or two thousand dollars on jewelry every day so can somebody offer a few tips? Like maybe where do I draw the walk line on color and clarity ratings?
Summary> At what point does rating exceed value?
Thanks