Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Ok Hos, here it is. 21:45 ish of Saturday May 2nd. I wanted to get some of the setup, but it was dumping. I wasnt there for sunday but I hurd the crew started throwing down tricks like 3s and maybe 450s over the A-Frame. Sometimes being married with kids has its obligations. Stoked I could be there for Friday and Saturday.

BIG PROPS to Al Marchiniak and Brodie Chaboya for making this all possible(also Nick, Tre, the young kids who stood in the rain with me for 3 hours, Cameron, Elliot, and whoever else helped). Growing up trying to skate hallways in schools and the State Capital steps, I never thought I'd see the day when an event like this could go down legally. Its an immense amount of work, politics, and BS with Rangers and Neighbors....but I doubt anyone who's attended will say it wasn't/isn't worth it.

DISCLAIMERS:

1) I am not a professional videographer. Obviously. Dont hate. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Even better, grab the camera from me and DO WORK, SON. Love Rob and Big!!!
2) I have everything on here that is even halfway decent. We learn just as much from coming off early and crashes as we do from full-rail slides right?
3) My crappy iMovie 08' doesnt have Slow-Mo and all the new properties that 09' does. I've ordered it, but didn't want to hold the publishing of the video up for its arrival, and I didn't want to import it all back to Final Cut to slow-mo (there were at least 10 items I would slow. a couple of crashes and whoever the ballsy (elsy/lindsey?) girl is who slid the whole a-frame on the skate.
4) Lastly, I left all the sound stock. Mainly because I like the oooos and aaaaas, but the sound gives you a feel for how short of a reaction time you have from the moment the winch starts and your face is on the rail.

Enjoy!! God Bless!!

P.S. Might want to right-click/save as for speed, and quite a few folks will want to view this today.

P.P.S. If you want any of these clips for yourself just PM me.