Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Well I know you college football lovers are in full swing, but I am getting excited about this basketball season already. KU is the favorite in my opinion, but I am not sure if they have what it takes to win a NC this year. Already starting fights and loaning players cars. We will see if they can get it together. Cal is still a crook, just wearing a different color, and UNC is as pure as they have always been. Duke, well, I wont even mention them boys since Henderson ripped their heart out and Elliot Williams is gone. BUT, I want start this year with a headline for my main man Ian. Way to start the season and keep it classy in Lawrence : )

Tension between members of the football and basketball teams at the University of Kansas prompted a pair of on-campus confrontations over the past 24 hours – one of which left a star player injured.

Basketball coach Bill Self confirmed Wednesday that guard Tyshawn Taylor dislocated his left thumb during a fracas that occurred outside the athletic dining hall shortly after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor.
( Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Citing information obtained from a KU police report, the Lawrence Journal World reported the fight involved as many as 100 people. One witness told officers: “It appeared members of the KU football and basketball team had been ‘baiting’ each other, and it had escalated into taunting and shouting and then fighting.”

No arrests were made.

More From Jason KingTrue blue Patterson Oct 16, 2009 Peaceful coexistence Oct 9, 2009 ADVERTISEMENT

A second altercation occurred shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, when KU Public Safety officers were dispatched to an area outside of Wescoe Hall on KU’s campus. The University Daily Kansan reported that a fight broke out between a group of football and basketball players after one of the Morris twins – according to a witness – pushed a football player down a flight of stairs.

“It all happened really fast,” KU senior Mary Skevington, who witnessed the incident, told the Daily Kansan. “There were a lot of people throwing punches.”

The newspaper reported that police were questioning football players Dezmon Briscoe and Chris Harris at the scene, and that basketball players were also being questioned. Taylor, Marcus and Markief Morris, Mario Little, Sherron Collins, Brady Morningstar, Elijah Johnson, Travis Releford, Tyrel Reed and Thomas Robinson were among the basketball players on the scene, according to the paper.

(Message edited by nu2dagam on October 19, 2009)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
I have never been a fan of Bob Huggins, but I his actions last night make me like him a little more....