Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-17-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
I need a video camera to start filming my faceplants while riding. I'm looking for something good but not top of the line. Is there anything out there with good quality and inexpensive???
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2004, 12:52 AM Reply   
It's not a video cam but a photo cam. Canon S1 is. This photo cam is quit good to take video shoots (640x480 with 30fps and audio). It has a 10x optical zoom and image stabilizer (is) which also works in video mode. I think this cam is about $350.
I also have a JVC video cam but I only use my Canon S1 these days for filming. Not as good as the JVC, but good enough and more handy then a seperate photo and video cam...
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2004, 6:45 AM Reply   
What about one of those miniDV things????
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-18-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've got a cannon zr50 (mini DV). It works great and is inexpensive. You can transfer directly to a computer through a firewire input. You can also capture analog video through the camera. Any of the Cannon zr series is pretty good.

If it were me, i wouldn't get a digital picture camera if your main focus is video. Get a video camera for video and a still camera for pictures.
Old                08-24-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
I agree with Jeremy. Dotn get a digital camera that can take video. The quality just isnt there. I would go with mini dv. It is the best option avaliable now. I woudl recomend any canon really. The ZR series is the lower end and if you want to spend a little more you could go for the optura or elura. I would also look into gettin an old sony such as the TRV 38 or something around that. I dont think they are in production but you could probably find one on ebay or something like that. I would also go to a place like best buy or circuit city and hold the camera to see which one u like.
Old                11-03-2004, 2:10 AM Reply   
Fuji S700 6 megapixles 500 bucks and falling
memory cards are not though
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-03-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
One of the best camcorders for the money is the Panasonic PV-GS400 at $1,500. Panasonic also makes some less expensive 3CCD camcorders that offer good quality.

But you can pick up a miniDV camcorder from Sony, JVC, Panasonic and others in the $400 range and it will still do a decent job. All you need for wakeboarding is a 10x zoom and you'll be set.