Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       10-29-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about a houseboat trip and I have never been to any of these lakes. Any recommendations? How are the water conditions on each of these lakes: temp, debris, butter or chop? I have looked on line at vacation guides but they don't tell alot about the important things like mentioned above.

thanks
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/195406.html?1098122209

\
see this for powell
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-29-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
KJ, we launch out of cottonwood cove marina on mohave quite a few times a year. they have houseboats there. if you head up river its usually smooth water majority of the day (depending on time of year) water level was fine in august when i was there. heres a link-hope this helps http://www.cottonwoodcoveresort.com/
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
Powell & Mead are going to offer more butter and more adventure just by the sheer size of each. They also offer the longest drive and potential for crazy weather. My vote is for Powell, it's absolutely incredible. My favorite place on earth.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-01-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
LAKE POWELL....you can't go wrong. We went in June and September this year and the conditions were great both times. It is also my favorite place on earth!!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-01-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
POWELL.......hands down.

Mead is nice also though, and not as far as a drive.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-02-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
K.J,

No one has chimed in on Mohave so here it goes...
Houseboating is OK on Mohave but it doesn't compare to Powell. However, if your the gambling type and/or would like to stay in a nice Hotel you can stay for cheap with nice accomodations in Laughlin (10 min. drive to Mohave). If you do go to Mohave, the South end by Katherine's landing is crowded and choppy. Head up the lake to calmer and less popluated areas.

-Tyler
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Only prob. w/ Mohave is its the most prone to wind. It will be blow'n 15 at Mohave and be calm at Mead. For some reason, that area just funnels the wind on thru.