Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-24-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
When we load up the ballast in our 02 SSV for wakesurfing we are always constantly loosing water through the out pump due to the added pressure (gravity games sacs).

Usually we just keep the fill pump on but I was wondering if anyone has added an electric valve on the out lines. Fill it up until it starts to overflow then just flip a switch to close off any water being pressured out.

Ideas and pictures would be great if anyone has tried this.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-24-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
I added a t-valve to mine on the drain hose just before the through hull fitting. Pretty simple fix to keep the water in the sac. Just make sure you don't have it closed and accidentally overfill the sac.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-24-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
stop by supraboats.com/bbs they know all about the stock systems
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-24-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
Richard, can you post a pic of the "T-Valve" that you used?
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
How much are you really losing? I switched out my stock 400 lb rear sacks with 650 lb sacks that are the stock front and I don't have this problem. Yes water trickles out for a bit after you full them up all the over but that stops shortly.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-24-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
I am losing half the bag lately within two riders' sets. I am thinking I probably have a leak in the front 1150lb bag, though. Headed to the dealership this week, unfortunately.
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
Unplug the sac and take it out and look for holes/rips. Then call Fly-high and see what they say...
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-24-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
I seem to loose quite a bit. We run over 2500# of ballast and the rubrail is barely above the water line on the port side. It just seems to siphon out the vent/empty hose lines.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-25-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Sorry, I meant ball valve... here's a pic below.

Mikebu - It's true, you will lose a lot of water with these older Supras. The reason is because they located the thru-hull drains at the rear of the boat. Even when wakeboarding each time you pull up a rider inertia will drain water right out of the front sac. You can start with a full sac and after about 4-5 sets the front sac may lose about 1/4. Adding the ball valve completely solved the problem. I suppose you could drill a new drain hole near the bow of the boat, but this was a bit simpler.

Upload
Old     (simoncore)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-08-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
For the front bag, I took an 8ft length of heater hose from home depot and spliced it to the stock drain line. I then made a big loop up under the bag to the bow of the boat and back, and hooked it into the sac. Now the sac does not drain when running. To get the front sac to empty, I hit the drain switch, drive the boat for a few seconds at a slow speed with the nose in the air and it will start to drain. I have been running this for two years now on an 05 21V with no issues.