Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for taking a peek. This sounds a little weird but I would appreciate any help.
We are looking at a new house that we would need to move quickly on in this crazy market. The house has a 2 car garage that is extend to about 25 feet, so my v215 will fit length wise. What I don't know is the vertical clearance. The garage is pretty standard height, but built in the fifties so may be slightly shorter.
Question is: what is the height of the Sanger, on hitch with tower down? I have never lowered my tower. The boat is in winter storage an hour away and I would not be able to get to it before I have to make an offer on the house. Can anyone help me with this?
Kinda strange question, but any help would be huge.
Thanks, HD
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-11-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Our house was also built in the 50's.

It will depend on how high your hitch is set on your truck. When we first bought the boat, the hitch was set a little higher and someone had to stand on the trailer (adding extra weight dropped it a couple inches) to get it through the door and it still scraped the frame. We got a new hitch that is a little bit lower and it works fine now.

I'll have Tate measure when he gets home our hitch height, opening height and floor to tower height.
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-11-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
what tower do you have? If it's a Proflight swoop with tower down its about 6'10''the chubby is a little bit taller
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
Mine is a 2005, so no chubby.
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-11-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
then it should be 6'10'' If you don't fit, take the allen bolts off and lay the tower in the boat it's quick and easy but takes two people
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Cool Thanks. I think I may have to take my chances.
HD
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-11-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
If worse comes to worse, you can always drop the trailer from the truck just before the tower hits the garage to lower it and then PUSH it in the rest of the way. Try not to throw your back out in the process. That's a heavy SOB
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-11-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
HD-
Mine just barely clears at 6'10", I think. that's with a tower box and bimini attached. Since the tower folds inside the boat, I think I could pull the bimini, and the rear seat cushion out to gain another 6", but I haven't tried it.
Old    stillstandin            01-11-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
I pull the rear seat cushion out, and set the tower on the orange coast guard vests...keeps the back seat from getting wear and tear, and the vests keep the speaker box from sitting on the fiberglass. Also gives a couple more inches of clearence.