WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Pavati video shows dangerous boating? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802596)

wallis_tho 07-03-2014 12:36 AM

New Pavati video shows dangerous boating?

http://vimeo.com/98156486

Just found this on Pavati's website and feel that the 'dock start' on the wakesurf board, as well as the riding at night is really dangerous?

Apart from that, I really like this video, and I see they have some cool features. I really the the phone drawer i think thats a really cool idea.

bwake 07-03-2014 1:01 AM

Grandad in the house?

simplej 07-03-2014 3:28 AM

Does it affect you or anyone other than the participants?

If not then stop worrying about it.

alcarlaw1 07-03-2014 4:44 AM

I assume the wakeboarding wake is poor as the video was surfing only?

williamburell 07-03-2014 5:50 AM

I assume no one gives a crap. Actually a pretty good video.

boardjnky4 07-03-2014 5:50 AM

quit being such a nancy

williamburell 07-03-2014 5:59 AM

although I bet that dock turn shriveled someone up pretty good with that big old pavati blindspot!

boardjnky4 07-03-2014 6:22 AM

haha maybe he didn't see the dock and that surfer was a complete stranger!

jfergus7 07-03-2014 6:40 AM

Cool video and no big deal I think. Sure it was an empty lake for those scenes just like almost every car commercial on tv.

cedarcreek216V 07-03-2014 7:01 AM

Did anyone else notice on their website a Diesel engine option is available? Interested to see how that pans out.

chattwake 07-03-2014 7:13 AM

That video was actually awesome.

iShredSAN 07-03-2014 7:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1883320)
That video was actually awesome.

Agreed, and the guy surfing and doing the shove-its was legit!

jonblarc7 07-03-2014 7:52 AM

I only surf when the water is crap

BUT I WANT TO DOCK START NOW!!!!!!!! LOL

I tried to find the video of the guy skimming out to the boat from the beach but had no luck

Ewok01 07-03-2014 7:58 AM

I didn't see anything dangerous about the dock start, I thought it was pretty awesome. The owner of the dock might not think so.

atthelake 07-03-2014 9:40 AM

I think that's a great video. Those guys got some pretty sick skills, boat looked cool and the ladies were pretty easy on the eyes. What else could you ask for?

racer808 07-03-2014 9:51 AM

I don't even know what you guys are babbling about, all I saw was a sweet pair of boobs attached a fine looking life support mechanism covered with a blue bathing suit

jarrod 07-03-2014 9:55 AM

We just ran a full wakesurfing comp at night in Partnership with Malibu Boats. We used lights and glowsticks on the riders. It was very safe. WWA insured it even :-)

wallis_tho 07-03-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1883369)
We just ran a full wakesurfing comp at night in Partnership with Malibu Boats. We used lights and glowsticks on the riders. It was very safe. WWA insured it even :-)

Maybe I misjudged the night surfing then, I guess you could make it safe enough with proper lights and enough spotters

bass10after 07-03-2014 5:20 PM

I think the title of the thread should be renamed "new Pavati video showing the fun that could be had if a bunch of worry warts didn't come up with a rule for everything". This reminds me of when I was about 22 years old I Ollied a dock with nobody around and no boats within 100' on my wakeboard. Some guy d who didn't own the public starting dock decided to chase me down because what I did was "dangerous". The irony is I never touched the dock and rode away safe but if I had fallen while he chased me he would've ran me over. You seem like you're coming around already, but don't be that some guy bradleigh!

scottb7 07-03-2014 6:20 PM

it was a great vid. the girls were great too, but no girl riders? and like someone said, no wakeboarding...

MattieK27 07-03-2014 8:44 PM

Wait, seriously, that dock start was dangerous? Hang out with barefooters for 5 minutes, then come back any tell me there was one single element of danger to that...

Yikes...

And yea, the girls were enjoyable.

aricsx15 07-03-2014 10:47 PM

Whats the price on these things? so sick

phathom 07-05-2014 12:57 AM

Seeing the video, I have more respect for these boats than seeing the pics. They always made it seem like they had more blindspots than normal. About the dangerous deal, this was obviously a demo video, the dock start, while not really ideal, mainly because of either no wake zones by docks or private owners being concerned about their docks isn't really a safety concern in my eyes. About the night surfing, does anyone remember Malibu's surfgate video? That whole thing was shot in complete darkness with very little light and the rider had no visible light source on them. Here he had glowing wrist bands and there was not only transom, but interior lights on the rider. Definitely a safer video of night surfing than the Malibu video, but I don't remember any thread about that here.

Treyman42 07-06-2014 6:15 AM

I don't see how to dock start is any more dangerous than a platform start. Just looked like they were having a good time to me. Pavati could be a serious competitor in the near future if they keep improving their wakes. Remeber they can change their hull on the fly because they don't have to make a mold which is cool.

racer808 07-06-2014 6:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonblarc7 (Post 1883326)

I tried to find the video of the guy skimming out to the boat from the beach but had no luck

I'm curious on this one. I can't surf in choppy water, the rollers push me out as I'm pumping to stay in. Do the deeper hull boats get rid of the chop behind the boat?

brycejb328 07-06-2014 7:31 AM

That video was awesome and very well done, definitely showing off the boat in a fun way.

Why no wakeboarding though?

Nordicron 07-07-2014 5:59 AM

Cool vid! Look forward to one done with the same quality but showing the wake boarding!

ecore 07-07-2014 6:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonblarc7 (Post 1883326)

Have you watched any phase 5 wakesurfing videos. They have a couple of videos where they skim from the beach to the boat.

jeff_mn 07-07-2014 9:34 AM

video was amazing.

lovin_the_wake 07-07-2014 10:39 AM

That dock start was pretty awesome! And night riding is the best, the water is perfect at night! We just strap lots of glow sticks to our vests ;)

nelson 07-07-2014 11:32 AM

Video was done at Lost creek lake in Southern Oregon. Lake is never very busy more fishing boats then anything else. The Dock is floating in the middle of the lake in water well over 100'.

jarrod 07-07-2014 1:03 PM

Maybe the wakeboard wake is no good, or maybe it's the fact that Wakesurfing outsells Wakeboarding these days. There are more boat buyers looking to surf than there are buyers that want to Wakeboard. It's baffling to me.

jeff_mn 07-07-2014 1:08 PM

Or maybe they just shot a wakesurfing vid? We never think it's weird if a company shows only wakeboarding? why is it worth to shoot different ones for different channels?

nelson 07-07-2014 1:19 PM

They where looking for some good wakeboarders in Southern Oregon on there FB page about the time they did this video. Think they had a hard time finding someone.

rockballer 07-07-2014 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1883750)
Maybe the wakeboard wake is no good, or maybe it's the fact that Wakesurfing outsells Wakeboarding these days. There are more boat buyers looking to surf than there are buyers that want to Wakeboard. It's baffling to me.

I only bought my boat for surfing. Thats why I went centurion. The dealer even offered me a wake board for free and I opted not to have one. But got them to throw in some gear instead. Being self employed I can not afford to hurt myself. Different strokes for different folks.

wallis_tho 07-07-2014 2:04 PM

Maybe this is their surf specific boat? it is a 24ft boat, maybe a smaller on will be a wakeboard specific, or more wakeboard orientated?

phathom 07-07-2014 2:23 PM

The reason they did a wakesurf only video is because that was THE big question. "It looks good, but how does it surf" If you look back at the Pavati threads here over the last year, they all echoed that. This was their response.

akdoc 07-08-2014 9:31 AM

Does anyone know what these boats sell for? I looked up the dealers on their site and none of the dealers have any info on their website about Pavati at all.

phathom 07-08-2014 10:31 AM

I know it's over 100k. I want to say msrp in the 120-130s from what I've heard.

AdamBrewer 08-20-2014 9:33 AM

Some answers!

-The wake for boarding is not poor at all! These boats are mostly designed for wakesurfing, and secondly for wakeboarding. For wakeboarding the wake has a very nice crisp lip on it that launches you with ease!

-The video was made to spotlight the surfing wave, we are working on putting together a wakeboarding video with our Pavati demo. Hopefully we can get it done before it gets too cold in Utah.

-Price: The minimum mandated sales price set by Pavati is $128,000. MSRP is $159,000. Demo boats are less expensive.

hco 08-20-2014 9:35 AM

LOL @ their price. They won't sell more than 5.

AdamBrewer 08-20-2014 9:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hco (Post 1889596)
LOL @ their price. They won't sell more than 5.

We have only carried them in our dealership for 4 months, sold one two weeks ago and have one on order. I bet we sell at least 5 next year alone.

I know the other dealers have sold at least 3 this year.

New innovations keep coming with every boat!

seth 08-20-2014 8:46 PM

dang those chicks must have been super young when they had those kids

markj 08-20-2014 10:34 PM

^^^ Ha! Good one. I was thinking the same thing: where are their real parents? Maybe I missed that Jerry Springer episode...

markj 08-20-2014 10:48 PM

I'd be more concerned with how hot that hull gets relative to fiberglass. I like my stuff all black (and no, not like my women) and I can see that being a potential problem. Theoretically, it should be just like a car right? If that's the case, watch out, there's a new Sizzler in town.:eek:

allzway 08-21-2014 6:15 AM

Nice video.. the boat seems to be really nice.

Laker1234 08-21-2014 6:28 AM

I wish I could afford one. It was cool to see they use glow sticks--that what we do but we also put ours on our life jackets. I don't see how they ride without fins. Cool vid. Nothing dangerous here.

wakebordr11 08-21-2014 7:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1889664)
I'd be more concerned with how hot that hull gets relative to fiberglass. I like my stuff all black (and no, not like my women) and I can see that being a potential problem. Theoretically, it should be just like a car right? If that's the case, watch out, there's a new Sizzler in town.:eek:

I doubt black aluminum would be that much hotter than black fiberglass. Either way you won't want to touch it or sit on it when its been baking in the sun all day...

08-21-2014 7:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1889683)
I doubt black aluminum would be that much hotter than black fiberglass. Either way you won't want to touch it or sit on it when its been baking in the sun all day...

If in the water, the boat should not get hot. Aluminum is a great conductor - the boat should assume the approximate temperature of the water. If there are dark surfaces above the waterline - they might be a little warmer - but not much.

seth 08-21-2014 9:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1883750)

I feel you on the baffling part Jrod. It is coming full circle. Now we are the old crotchety wakeboarders shaking our fists at the old crotchety wakesurfers for throwing rollers all over the place!!

NoNceNse 10-07-2014 3:04 PM

Is it just me or does he not really land the dock start? To me it looks like the nose of the board is sinking right before they cut to a different shot. I'm a little new to surfing so I'd love to hear what you guys think.