WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Portland Boat Dealers - experiences/recommendations (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777904)

sporte77 03-25-2010 12:34 PM

Portland Boat Dealers - experiences/recommendations

I'd like to hear from you about your experiences with Portland, OR ski/wake boat dealers. I've dealt with both Active Water Sports (AWS) and Portland Ski Boat Center (PSBC) & am curious about what may be the majority consensus. I have my own opinion based on personal experience & will post later.

Please give your honest, overall experiences (i.e., great to deal with overall - or difficult to deal with; prompt service - or not prompt; honest - or not so honest; knowledgeable - or blowing smoke; etc.).

I think this may help those who are going to buy make a decision while buying from a dealer in Portland and on what to look out for. I wish I'd have had this guidance before my latest purchase. No, I'm not a dealer or sales guy. I am fairly new to wakeboarding (2 years) and on my 2nd boat from 2 different dealers. Feel free to mention other dealers besides the two I have dealt with.

tyler97217 03-25-2010 1:14 PM

I have worked with both AWS and with PSBC. I think they are both great compared to others I that I have heard people deal with. I suppose a lot depends on your particular issue and if you got to the right person. Let me know what your problem is and I can get you to the right people that I guarantee they will do everything in their power to help you. Feel free to PM me. I am not related with either of them, but have some good contacts at both.
Good luck with whatever is going down.

lionel 03-25-2010 2:33 PM

Like Diggs I have had great experiences with both dealers. John, Matt, Gregg etc. at AWS are top notch. Same for Pat, Mark, Chris, etc. at PSBC. I wouldn't hesitate to buy equipment or a boat from either dealer. I think we are fortunate to have both of them in Portland. I even have cell phone numbers from people at both dealers and they have helped me out on many of occasions. Especially when having an issue on the water. Now that's what I call excellent customer service :D

newty 03-25-2010 2:50 PM

Nothing but good things to say about aws. No personal.experience with psbc. Just stories.

gregg_rossi 03-25-2010 2:54 PM

I haven’t bought a boat from Active but have picked up some gear there; they always seem to be helpful and stand behind their product. I have bought two boats from PSBC (Pat and Mark) and would recommend them to anyone in the area looking for a great boat and an overall great experience. Pat especially has always taken care of all my super picky request and service issues. Not sure where this thread is going or which dealer you are talking about but before you post negative feedback about either I would recommend working it out with them, Portland is way too small to stir up drama. Not sure what the issue is either but I would say if you have accepted any type of solution from them you can’t turn around and bash them.

Also both of the dealers mentioned have been supporters of the boating/wakeboarding community.

brgamz86 03-25-2010 2:56 PM

Dealers.

I have made purchases at both active and psbc (which we have purchase 3 boats from). I am good friends with the manager at Active. I have never had a bad experience at either dealers and have bought a grip of stuff from both. I also have a friend that works for Bruce at Nautique. Although never have purchased anything from there....I'm sure they are just as good.

One quick story that stands out. While wakeboarding on the upper....we hit a log. It was early summer and crap was still in the water.....This was Sat. eve. around 5pm. Called psbc cause we had plans to be on the water the next day early. They stayed open late for us and swapped the prop out with a new one. If they didn't do this they would be closed on Sunday and I would be searching for 4 other boats to put 10 peeps on!!!! That's called service! Have always had great trade-in's, service, etc. Just plan ahead. If it getting to be summer and you haven't done your service....that's your fault not theirs. Although, I'm sure they will do everything in their power to get you in.

Springer 03-25-2010 3:11 PM

Psbc

I have purchased 5 boats from Mark. Pat has been my salesman for the last 3. I Have always been treated with respect!! They are great guys to deal with. Every boat I have owned has been serviced every fall through PSBC's service department and all the guys there are great as well. My family and friends have purchased and serviced boats the PSBC and their experiences have been positive as well. I have always been treated fairly at their pro-shop and have been happy with all their products. I will continue to purchase/service my Mastercraft boats at PSBC.

PS
I highly recommend the factory tour!!!!

bswakechick 03-25-2010 3:21 PM

PSBC and AWS Rockkk!

I have purchased two boats from PSBC, the first was a x45 and the second is an xstar! Both have the best wakes ever, and my experiences with the guys there have been outstanding. Pat is who I have always dealt with and he is way chill! After purchasing the x45, Pat met us at the lake to show us all the details of the boat and even gave me a few tips on the water. Before purchasing the xstar Pat took us out on the river and I got to check out all the features on the water, then ride on its amazing wake! Anytime I have ever had a problem with my boat Pat, Mark and the mechanic (I believe his name is Matt) have been there to help. My experiences with PSBC have been so amazing! They're the best, and I recommend them for everyone in search of a new boat! :)

I have never bought a boat at AWS, but I compete in their competitions and it is the only place I will buy a board! Every time I am in the store the guys hook me up with the best board and binding set up! They're prices are great and there selection is awesome. I am always looking forward to their comps; they're way fun! I have dealt with them since the first board I ever bought, and never had a bad experience. They've got everything you need for a great wake season. :)

PSBC and AWS are awesome, and we are lucky to have them in the area!

thesack 03-25-2010 4:46 PM

Purchased a boat from AWS after the boat show in 2008. Purchasing the boat was not an issue, Gerry was great to work with regards to the actual transaction. When it came time to pick the boat up that was a different story. Made arrangements to pick the boat up 2 weeks after the papers where signed, in part to give them time to prep the boat because the boat show had just ended. Went to pick up the boat on the day we had originally agreed upon, boat was not ready to pick up, in fact the boat had not even been brought from storage to be prepped for delivery. Said the boat would be ready in 2 days. Went to pick up the boat 2 days later, get there and the boat was still not completely ready. The bimini was not installed (was apparently back ordered for 2 weeks), the boat had not been dewinterized, and they found about a dozen stress cracks that needed to be fixed while detailing the boat, which rather then calling us to let us know that they needed more time they just did nothing. Rather then leave it there we took the boat home so the stereo could be installed. Went to cover the boat and the cover was torn. Gerry said he would order us a new cover. Took the boat back after they let us know the bimini was in. Had the bimini installed and stress cracks fixed. Went to cover the boat to take it to the ramp with Gerry for a water test/show of how everything works and the cover was still the torn one. Took the cover off another boat to give to us. Out on the water test water started to flow out on the drivers side. The heater core had blown. Gerry apologized numerous times that it was blown and took the boat back to AWS to get it fixed. Go to pick the boat up and Gerry has the tech guy show us the blown heater core and what not. The tech precedes to say to me, my dad and Gerry that "the heater core had been moved to make room for the subwoofer that we installed and that whoever put it where it was located was a f*cking idiot." Gerry just backed away with a dumbfounded look on his face. We told the tech that we had not moved the heater core and he replied with "There is no way SC put the heater core where it is at." Pissed off we took the boat home and the next day called up Skier's Choice to find factory location of the heater core. Took some pics to send to them and in fact the heater core was mounted in the factory location.

Needless to say not happy with AWS after this point. Matt Radich tried to smooth things over but in all reality I don't think he could have done anything really to make everything perfect. He, and Warren offered us gift cards but we did not accept them. When i inquired to the ability and cost to upgrade the board racks from the 07 to the 09, he found out for me and ended up covering the costs associated with that. So he did what he could and what we were willing to let him do.

Matt, Warren, and guys from SC apologized numerous times to us for what happened. We probably wouldn't still have a slight bitter taste in our mouth from AWS if Gerry would have handled things differently. He should have stopped the tech from talking and took him away from from us after he dropped the F-bomb. And after we contacted SC and they indicated that they heater core was in fact in the correct location he should have called up and apologized.

We learned a few lessons and so do AWS from this purchase just wish we didn't have to learn them they way we did.

sporte77 03-25-2010 5:35 PM

Sounds like it's pretty balanced so far. Most people have responded as having shopped and experienced with both shops. Let's hear about some of the other shops too - besides AWS & PSBC?? Certainly there are more in PDX that sell wakeboard boats. As expected, there are some deals that just don't go exactly the way they should. The odds catch up with everyone eventually.

By the way, I was not trying to stir up drama - as one poster may suspect. What's the harm in asking for reviews? You review boats, boards, restraunts, - why not review service? I am curious.. just want to know other's thoughts before I post my own. That keeps me from making an assumption based on one single experience of my own. I think all dealers deserve that chance - that's fair.

I think it is a good idea to try to work things out first before complaining - that's what a logical person would do. I always believe in giving service a chance, several chances....

gregg_rossi 03-25-2010 5:52 PM

Sam has a very good point and I agree 100% that we should review these shops and hold them accountable, I was just worried that like a lot of threads on WW this was going to turn into a dealership bash session. I have always wished Portland was a bigger boating community so I will defend any of the few shops we have around, thats all.

I also think as a lot of people will agree these guys at Active and PSBS have become friends which makes it really easy to deal with them and get the customer service we have all (well almost all) gotten.

I don't know much about the other dealers in town.... I know there are a ton of Tige owners in the Salem area which makes me think they have good relationships with Stayton Motor sports, ( I think thats the name) because they could drive the 30 min to Portland and choose from other brands.

Also I have to give credit to Active for the events they put on, we don't get much of that around here so their rail jams, evening with the stars and other wake events are nice to see.

03-25-2010 6:05 PM

I don’t normally get involved with posts like this, but this one was too important to let pass by. My name is Matt Radich, General Manager for Active Water Sports. While we are not perfect, I can promise you that perfect customer service is our goal. When we fail, we learn from our mistakes. When we have a problem, we deal with it head on. I am confident to say that if any customer has had an issue with a product we sold, we have remedied the problem to the best of our ability. We put our reputation for excellent Customer Service above everything else.

Yes, we came nowhere near perfection when we delivered the boat to Nate. But from that point forward, any product issue I am aware of has been resolved. And as far as our salesperson goes, Gerry Oppliger is not only a great salesman, he is a good person. He has worked for AWS for over ten years and has sold hundreds of boats for us. Of those, have all gone perfectly? Obviously not, but the vast majority have.

I welcome questions anyone may have and can assure you Active Water Sports will always do everything we can to ensure all of our customers remain customers for life.

thesack 03-25-2010 6:51 PM

First let me say that I wasn't trying to bad mouth AWS or Gerry at all. I know it kind of seems that way but I was just giving my experience. Gerry is a good salesman and showed us every option we had in boats before our purchase. It was just unfortunate what transpired afterwards. Would I buy a boat from AWS again, yes I would. I have no doubt in my mind what happened was a fluke.

I does show a lot from a company to publicly admit that they messed up. And it also shows there dedication to customer service.

tyler97217 03-25-2010 8:19 PM

Matt
I think you are close to perfect.... Now get me my new boat here so I can brag about what a good experience I had.

newty 03-25-2010 8:26 PM

Active watersports has always had an extremely good reputation with sales and service. After purchasing 2 boats from them this still remains true. They will always go the extra mile to keep thier customers happy. Gerry and Greg are in a league of thier own when comes to sales and customer relations. Matt the gm, John and all the others in the proshop are a wealth of knowledge and always helpful with gear etc. Now the service shop... Those guy are always on top of things. When ever I've had questions or concerns regarding my boat there has never been any issues getting things taken care of, and all in a timely manor.

These guys are involved and give back to the community on a regular basis. Putting on special events supporting The Childrens Cancer Association, among other things

Warren the owner is the man when it comes to honesty and integrity. He will stand up for what is right even if its not the popular thing.

I say all these things because there is not another dealer out there I trust more, and for good reason.

Nate you got one of "those" boats dude, and it sounds like AWS bent over backwards to try to make things right.
Everyone should know that the weeks leading up to and following the boat show are stupid crazy around there. So expecting everything to go perfectly 2 weeks after the show isn't always going to happen, especially when everyone wants thier boat now.

newty 03-25-2010 8:36 PM

Jeeze Sam 3 post and look what you've done!:D

sneaky 03-25-2010 9:28 PM

I have worked with Pat from PSBC, he was very cool even though i couldn't come up with financing at the time. I would have no problem going back to Pat when it comes time to seach for a boat.

bigwakex1 03-25-2010 10:21 PM

Psbs

I bought my first boat last summer from PSBS and they have been the best! Pat sold me my X1 and made sure that I customized it perfectly to my liking. I never had to take my boat out all summer; any time I needed it serviced or a part put on they came to me. I know their staff very well now and they make me feel like family. Matt has done a great job with helping us with the little extra things I feel like most dealers don't have the time for, or are not willing to. Pat continues to check up on our family and making sure that everything with the boat is great. We have not had any Gel Coat work done to our boat but I know that Ty is the best in the industry. I have heard from friends who have had some major gel coat done say that their boat looks like new. They also have a great pro shop, the staff knows what they are talking about and they always have what you need. I also know if you buy a boat they will though a few extras in to start your summer off right. I would put your trust in PSBS, Mark has been in the business a long time and has won a lot of awards for his excellence.

I have heard good and bad things from Active. A thing to watch out for is their service department. It seems that when you need them, they are always too busy. I have never been told from PSBC that they are too busy to help me.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

Best of Luck,

Dan

Nathan 03-25-2010 10:27 PM

Pat MacDonald is the BOMB!!!

I have worked both with Active Water Sports (we bought our first boat from them), and with Portland Ski boat Center (Pat is my guy there), and both have been great. Active Water Sports has always treated me fairly, but Pat McDonald at PSBC has bent over backwards to make sure I was taken care of. His efforts to make sure I got the parts that I needed at a very fair price have been invaluable to me. He has saved me several hundreds of dollars, and several hours of work with his personal help to me. He is always willing to help me with no thought of sales commission or personal gain. He is an exceptional individual, who represents the Mastercraft brand in the best way. He has won my personal business for life, and I relish such relationships.

Nathan

thesack 03-25-2010 10:34 PM

Yeah i did get one of "those" boats, it's unfortunate but it happens. From talking to Matt at the following boat show and since I know what happened was a fluke and an unfortunate experience. He has done a great job to take care of my needs and answer every question I have had since quickly. Same goes for Greg. John and his guys have also done a great job in getting me new gear. Is there still a slight bitter taste in my mouth, yes and I hope that all of you can understand why. Do I hold anything against anyone at AWS, no. They are a very good company, but every company has moments that they learn and grow from. Which is what my first experience with AWS was.

Like I said earlier Matt coming on here and publicly awknowledge my experience and admit that it was not perfect shows alot as to the character of him and AWS. And it shows to me his dedication to customer service. Honestly I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the team at AWS when it comes time to purchase my next boat.

big_b_21v 03-25-2010 11:22 PM

AWS and PSBC

We have had great experiences with both dealers.
Our current boat was purchased through Matt and Gerry at AWS and we couldnt be happier with the experience. The whole team at AWS is top notch and a pleasure to deal with. We were sad to see Jay leave last year but the new Service Manager Brad is filling his shoes very well and his hard work and dedication has made us life long customers.
With our previous boat we purchased it through the previous Supra dealer and when we took ownership of the boat we were excited to get it into the water for the 4th of July weekend. We got the boat launched and headed toward the waterfront to join in on the festivities. Of course being so excited to get out on that hot summer day, I failed to realized that the rear plug was not in.
We proceeded to pull the boat out of the water and soon realized that not only was the plug not in the boat, but there wasnt a plug anywhere in the boat.
Of course this was a Holiday weekend and we feared that finding a plug was going to be impossible. We headed across the street to PSBC and there was young Pat. Keep in mind this was 4 years ago so yes Pat was even younger looking than the 20 years old that he appears to be now....
Pat, dug through parts and toolboxes to find the right plug. Of course the size and the design wasnt his standard issue MC plug.
Even though we didnt buy the boat from PSBC, Pat congratulated us on the new boat and let us know that when it was time to upgrade that he would love to earn our business.
We have yet to buy a boat from PSBC but every chance we get to work with Pat is always a great experience.

petexstiz 03-26-2010 12:13 AM

Portland Ski Boat Center!!!

First of all I would like to thank everyone for saying such great things about your experiences with PSBC and myself.. Now with that said, everyone knows this industry is getting smaller and smaller by the day and to have even one customer upset is to many, that's why I strive everyday to make sure I do everything I can to resolve any problem that may come our way.. Everyone at my shop at the drop of a dime would do what every was needed for a customer, I know how important customer service is and that the business we are in CUSTOMER SERVICE... Our goal is to make sure you are out on the water as much as possible in the short summers here in Portland.. And to anyone out there I might have not given 100% to, I apologize... and I hope after buying a boat from me you know what kind of person I am and would not hesitate to ask me anything or just tell me whats on your mind...

I know PSBC and Active are both great shops and the "STORIES" that people hear on both sides are all just stories... Like I say this is way to small of an industry now a days.. No Matter what shop you go to I' am 100% sure you will be treated right..

NOW BRING ON THE SUN so we can get off this web site and go use those things sitting in our garage.... :cool:

Pat McDonald
Sales Manager
Portland Ski Boat Center

slax303 03-26-2010 6:49 AM

Portland watersports enthusiasts are very lucky. Every dealer in the Portland area is very good. I have heard mainly good things about everyone. PSBC (Mastercraft, MB), AWS (Malibu, Supra, Moomba, Axis), NWSW (Nautique), Stayton (Tige), OCM (Supreme), and Im sure Im missing some, this is just off the top of my head. With PSBC and AWS you're bound to have someone who has had a less than perfect situation. They are large dealers who push out a lot of boats per year. Not everything can go right every time, but 99 times out of 100, they are on top of it all. Portland area people are very luck to have great dealers backing their product. Especially Bridge Ci.....Wait

sporte77 03-26-2010 7:41 AM

Excellent responses & community.

I gotta say that I am pleased with the outcome of this thread. While I saw only two shops mentioned (AWS & PSBC) - I had hoped for more examples of different dealers. But, given the niche of this board, I didn't expect to see too many I/O boat dealers mentioned either.

I want you all to realize why I created this post. It was a gamble at best, and I had trouble pressing the "submit" button. But I truly wanted to hear the consensus. It had the potential to get ugly - by bashing. That's the sucky part about forums - but if we can keep it diplomatic as has been here - it can be productive!! What came out of it was GOOD! Both shops, AWS & PSBC got about a fair share of kudos. We heard about a couple flukes - but the majority were positive. It was important for me to see that there was support for both shops. As a rational person, I realize that not every boat purchase is going to go well - but it's a true test for the dealer to see how far they will go and how prompt they are at coming to a solution. Talking that you'll back up a problem during pre-sale vs. actually following through are two different things.

Like Newty said, the boat show is a hectic time and probably has some effect on promptness. He's also spot on about everyone wanting everything now - myself included. But we all want our toys now & perfect. A new boat purchase probably goes better than a used purchase due to everything being new, the manufacturer backing up the warranty, etc. I've bought used boats from both dealers AWS & PBSC. What I did find was that both Gerry & Pat were pleasant and friendly people to talk to.

To show you that the odds can give different results for different people; on different days; different boat purchases:):

My experience with Active Water Sports was the complete opposite of "thesack"'s experience. Gerry at AWS was proactive & professional with all my requests. He made me a great deal on a used MB - and it stayed a great deal after I drove away. No questions asked, Gerry made the boat & trailer mechanically perfect before it went out the door. He followed through, gave quick answers and backed up what he promised without me ever having to ask twice - even after my purchase. I look forward to buying another boat there.

To our friends at AWS & PSBC: The personal word of mouth from your customers, not this forum, will be the ultimate guide when their friends buy the next boat & will add up to many thousands of future revenue - or not...... This forum is a small slice of the experience. Continue to keep that in mind and let it show in your promises and subsequent actions. Glad that we saw a couple responses from both dealers as well. It shows professionalism and a sense that they care about their reputations.

In closing, let this thread on WakeWorld be a testament to the diplomacy & character of this PDX/SW WA community. Lot's of friends; people seem to want to help & get along. Well done.;)

lionel 03-26-2010 11:04 AM

Have to share a quick story about Pat. Last fall my extended family dropped the ball on getting our lake cabin boat out of the water. My wife was 9 months pregnant and ready to deliver any day. I made the 10 hour trek to northern Idaho. Batteries were dead, so I jumped them from the lift and ran her that night. A cold front from Canada dropped in overnight, frost everywhere the next morning, dock, boat cover, etc. Well, that morning she would turn over, but not start? I really said, "this can't be happening." Of course I thought the worst, block is cracked and I'm going to have to paddle this thing a mile to the boat ramp and miss the birth of my second:( I called Pat and left him a panic voicemail, "you have to call me back, I'm stuck on a lift, the boat will turn over, but it won't start and the gauges don't work."

He called me back immediately. "Safety Lanyard!" I have no idea how, but some how it came loose overnight? I was too stressed to think straight, but thank you Pat!

ixfe 03-26-2010 11:49 AM

I have to admit, this thread made me very nervous when I first started reading it. Given how I feel about both of the big deaers in Portland (read below) it would have been a real shame if this had gotten ugly.

AWS: Obviously this is where I bought my boat. I worked with Matt directly simply because he's who I first met and he stuck with me throughout the whole process. I sometimes sit back in amazement and wonder how the GM of the dealership had the patience to deal with a guy who had hundreds of questions and took months to make up his mind. Believe me when I tell you, I was a pain in the a$$. But Matt never blinked. I'll never forget the day I demo'd the boat. It was a warm, sunny February afternoon (yes, we get those in Portland) and Matt spent almost two hours with me. We put the boat through its paces, but most of the time was spent just floating and talking. As a first time buyer I had a lot of concerns (price, financing, gear, storage, towing, etc.), and Matt spent the time to address them all. He even towed the boat all the way to my house to see how it would fit in my garage. Matt is a real pro. In the months it took me to pull the trigger, he never called and nagged me once. He seemed happy to go at my speed. Since then I have gotten to know to know many of the other AWS guys.... All excellent! My boat has been in there more than once (I keep hitting crap). AWS gets it done fast and right no matter how stacked up they seem. To this day Matt remains a personal friend. I have called his cell phone a bunch, and he always makes time for me.

PSBC: I worked with Pat a bunch when I was shopping last year. I picked MB over the used Malibu VTX Pat had on his lot because I just liked the boat better (you all remember the lengthy WW thread on the topic). To this day I don't know why, but Pat has remained a close friend to me ever since. He likes to give me crap for not buying from him, but it's all in good fun. All I have ever bought from Pat is a couple of wetsuits and extra vests. In both cases he has given me rediculous pricing. And yet we are buds. I have personally witnessed him go the extra mile for customers and non-customers alike. One quick story. My friend bought a new X-7 from Mark at PSBC last year. Despite being a great skiier, this was my friend's first boat purchase. He invited me out on the maiden voyage early one Saturday morning. To my surprise, Pat was there at 7am to show my buddy the roaps. He spent an hour with us that morning despite not making a dime on the sale. Pat was even a good sport and took a slalom set behind that boat (I have the pics to prove it). Not bad for a diehard wakeboarder!

As you can see I have great respect for both shops. The boat biz is about relationships. If you treat these guys with respect they will become some of your best friends. Things won't always go perfectly with your boat. Take a deep breath, chill out, and remember that your friends at the dealer want your boat to be right even more than you do.

Sorry if there are typos. I'm on vacation and I typed this entire post while sitting on the beach with my Blackberry!

tyler97217 03-26-2010 1:45 PM

Well said ixfe..... Can't agree more on your entire post.
Now as you read this please chug a beer for me, while I sit at my desk all day. No don't sip it. Chug it......

tonyv420 03-26-2010 2:03 PM

I'm a AWS customer for life. Twice I needed my boat repaired within a certain time and both times they were able to hook me up. I have met just about everyone who works for AWS and haven't met a single one who I dislike. Oh yea they always take my boat to the shop from their lake and bring it back to the lake for me to pick up. This saves me over 120 miles of traveling. Once they even brought my boat to me 120 miles away from their shop and dropped it in my front yard. I don't think your gonna find a better boat dealer on the entire west coast. JMO And I did not even buy my boat from them. I buy all my accesories from them and they always beat any deal out there. Much props to Warren,Rupp,Matt,Matt, Gerry ,Greg, Jefferson Dan,John,and Former employee Jay H. If I missed anyone sorry. If I buy a new boat I will definatley be heading south to give AWS my buisness. You guys ROCK!!!!!

hatepain 03-26-2010 2:57 PM

Team Pro Shop, Longview WA

I know it's not Oregon or Portland but its in the area and they typically participate in the Portland boat show. I've dealt with Don, Jason and Angie at TPS several times and they are always very quick to go above and beyond for me in all regards. Whether its during the sale or after they just step up time and again. Their knowledge surrounding all things Sanger is astounding as well as they offer some pretty damn cool proprietary services.

Example: A few months after I had purchased my boat I noticed a pin sized hole in my cover that looked as though it was caused by a cigarette ash. I contacted Don about it not expecting much. He sent another boat over to the Top Shop and had another customer cover made and shipped to me with pre payed shipping back for my cover.

Example: When I was buying my boat he told me about these cool lettering for my hull but that they costed $75, I said pass. When I got my licensing from them he had sent them anyway free of charge.

Example: I sent a couple things to him for my old boat (trade in) and as a thanks he sent me a comp vest.

Example: I had some warranty issues with the stitching on my seats, three of them. Sanger wanted to send skins and have a local shop do it but they insisted that Sanger do it. So they paid for all the shipping costs which were pretty damn big.

Example: I had my trailer totaled out, Don worked with me and SBT to get a replacement built just to my liking, saved me some big dough and got SBT to finish it early to coincide with some time off I had to cruise down to Cali and pick it up again saving me over $700 on freight.

If you are considering Sanger do yourself a favor and check with them they've been in business since the mid 80's. Nothing fancy just excellent service and relationship.

sporte77 03-26-2010 5:02 PM

Thanks for the post "hatepain", about TPS in Longview. Good to hear about some other dealers in the surrounding area as well. I've seen some of their boats on craigslist.
Sam