WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Collegiate Wakesports (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102954)
-   -   SJSU Wakeboard Club (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433033)

kottonm0uthking4 04-06-2007 4:30 PM

Hey guys! <BR> <BR>I am trying to start a wakeboard club at San Jose State. Anyone go to school there and would like to help? <BR> <BR>Let me know! <BR> <BR>Mark

raph_michel 08-01-2007 3:47 PM

Im gonna be starting there in a few weeks as a freshmen <BR>i have spent atleast 20 hours looking for places to board in the area over the last week <BR>i definetly wanna join and be involved <BR><a href="mailto:raphael.michel@mac.com">raphael.miche l@mac.com</a>

zx12y 08-03-2008 7:15 PM

hey im about to be a freshman too. lets do it <a href="mailto:richied650@comcast.net">richied650@co mcast.net</a>

adamsilcio 08-04-2008 9:26 AM

they might be a little more enthusiastic about wakeboarding at SJSU than they are at LSU, but word of advice... it'll be tough getting money from the school so you'll have to show some initiative and raise money on your own, whether it be throwing an event or collecting dues from members. next thing is either using a wakeboard school for pulls or finding riders who will volunteer their boats. <BR> <BR>what we do is we charge like $30-$40 a semester and then have riders pay for their own gas when they go out to ride. in case people can never make it out to ride we do however put on events for them to attend like free rides at the local wakeboard camp, video premiers, parties, road trips. it's worked out so far and after we put in the work to build our club up... THEN outside sponsors and the college started to pay attention. <BR> <BR>also, the avid riders will separate themselves from the people that just want to be in the club cause it's 'the cool thing.' and you'll know who wants to be here and who doesn't. manage your time and think of ideas that will accommodate the majority because you can't make everyone happy, but you can do a damn good job of satisfying the ones who are gonna help and who actually matter. good luck and i hope everything works out for you dude. and remember to be customer friendly!

shoprag 08-04-2008 7:17 PM

Good luck. I think it's a great idea. I just graduated from SJSU so I may not be able to join but I can support. Let me know when you get organized. I can get you in contact with the permit issuers for the local reservoirs.

kottonm0uthking4 08-28-2008 12:54 PM

I graduated as well. However, I am wiling to be involved. I do need a student to take the reigns at SJSU. I would love to help behind the scenes

slogirl4life 01-01-2009 10:15 AM

I'm not a student at San Jose State, but I was involved in a wakeboard club down in San Luis Obispo. It isn't school sponsored at all, but it is student run and they had their meetings on campus. The club is open to anyone, not just students. I just moved back up to the Bay Area and I would love to be a part of a wakeboard club up here! <BR>Here's the link to the wakeboard club, to kind of get some ideas: <a href="http://www.ccawakeboarders.com" target="_blank">www.ccawakeboarders.com</a>

espcowboy 01-01-2009 11:47 PM

I go to west valley right now, but will be transferring to sjsu in the fall. I would love to be involved in this! my email is <a href="mailto:espcowboy@yahoo.com">espcowboy@yahoo. com</a> so let me know what i can do to help

adamsilcio 01-07-2009 7:03 AM

allyson, that website is really good. very straight forward and sophisticated. we have always used e-mail, we never got around to making a website.

rodmcinnis 01-07-2009 3:25 PM

Prior to my son starting at California State University Sacramento in 2004 there was a "water ski" club and wakeboarders were second class members to that club. <BR> <BR>The timing was right and with his enthusiasm he became the first president of the CSUS Wakeboard Club. <BR> <BR>The next big advancement in the club was when they officially became a "sports club" instead of a "recreation" club. The distinction was that they had to compete in national collegiate competitions. <BR> <BR>Now that they are a sports club they get a significant subsidy from the school to pay their way to competitions. This usually includes entry fees and at least part of their hotel bill. <BR> <BR>The wakeboard club has also hosted a "rail jam" on campus which apparently was a big hit with administration. <BR> <BR>It did help, however, that CSUS has a major aquatic center with boats. <BR> <BR>Rod