WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   The Obama's grandma gets lifetime 160k a year pension (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807148)

grant_west 10-27-2016 12:31 PM

The Obama's grandma gets lifetime 160k a year pension

Wow: The first grandma gets 160k a year for the rest of her life for taking care of Obama's daughters aka Her own grand daughters! She has lived at the White House for the last 8 years for free, been all over the world for free, and has earned a lift time pension of 160k a year for 8 years of looking after her own grand daughters.

This is Hope and change folks! Can't wait for what The Beast comes up with!

http://thebostontribune.com/first-gr...nment-pension/

denverd1 10-27-2016 12:36 PM

$70 million in vacations since he tooks office; 3.7M on a 2 week trip to Hawaii in flights alone. Nobody runs up the debt like that fool.

doublemwa 10-27-2016 12:46 PM

Eating the white mans food too....jesus christ the nerve of these people.

DenverRider 10-27-2016 12:52 PM

Before you know it, one of these uppity ******s is going to try to use my drinking fountain or try to sit in the front seat of the bus.

grant_west 10-27-2016 1:17 PM

^^^^You guys are straight up fools. You think that the ONLY reason Anyone could be upset about this kind of waste is because of the color of ones skin? I know Eric is quick to pull out the race card, But you think 8 years of being a grandma deserves 160k lifetime pension on Tax payers dime is OK? then you are part of the problem.
Government waste.

pesos 10-27-2016 1:19 PM

Grant, you're an idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/marian-robinson-pension/

10-27-2016 1:20 PM

"This Is About Whiteness" UC Berkeley Students Segregate Campus, Block Bridge With Human Wall

The massive human wall was conceived as a pro-safe space demonstration. Activists wanted the university administration to designate additional safe spaces for trans students, gay students, and students of color. They were apparently incensed that one of their official safe spaces had been moved from the fifth floor of a building to the basement.

According to video footage of the protest, demonstrators blocked off the bridge completely. Students who needed to get to class had no choice but to cross the stream by jumping from rock to rock. Dozens of people can be seen doing so.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...dge-human-wall

stanfield 10-27-2016 1:20 PM

ROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, why not just go to the onion for your news.

shawndoggy 10-27-2016 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1947902)

LOL!

Quote:

The Boston Tribune is a fake new site that masquerades as the online arm of a legitimate big-city newspaper in order to lure readers with fabricated clickbait stories.
In grant's defense (love you buddy!) he is trying to read, vs. being spoonfed video stories.

pesos 10-27-2016 1:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe he should read more closely... looks legit to me!!! :rolleyes:

grant_west 10-27-2016 2:50 PM

Sorry for posting a fake link. Honestly I'm glad the story turns out to be false. I'm kicking myself because 99% of what my dad sends me turns out to be blatantly false where I Snopes it myself this one had the outward appearance of being true. I should have investigated it more.

ralph 10-27-2016 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverd1 (Post 1947897)
$70 million in vacations since he tooks office; 3.7M on a 2 week trip to Hawaii in flights alone. Nobody runs up the debt like that fool.

But still less than 1/2 the number of vacation days than Bush.
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/pre...ial-vacations/

wake77 10-28-2016 3:30 AM

Quote:

Except W.

And you do understand a lot of that expense comes from security and Air Force One. What is the President of the United States supposed to say; "I got it guys. Secret Service, you stay here in DC. And I'll be flying coach and staying at the Econo Lodge"?

More phony outrage from people that don't even take the time to make sure they are posting a legit story.

pesos 10-28-2016 4:19 AM

How about a real news story... Obama tells the pentagon to get their **** together and two days later they stop trying to rip off vets

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...026-story.html

doublemwa 10-28-2016 7:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1947902)

Haha! BURN!

pesos 11-06-2016 9:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1947913)
Sorry for posting a fake link. Honestly I'm glad the story turns out to be false. I'm kicking myself because 99% of what my dad sends me turns out to be blatantly false where I Snopes it myself this one had the outward appearance of being true. I should have investigated it more.

I'm curious how this one "had the outward appearance of being true?"

It was clear before I even clicked on the link it was likely BS.

grant_west 11-07-2016 6:56 AM

Hey Wes: I know it's not somthing you Libs ever say and your VERY unfamiliar with the term but I will say it again. I was wrong. Mea culpa, and because I know you like links here ya go :)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_culpa

flight007 11-28-2016 6:07 PM

OK I haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time. Reading through this thread and seeing the same people from 5-7 years ago still battling it out over stuff like this had me laughing like crazy. Love it.

pesos 02-22-2017 2:31 PM

Quote:

The hypocrisy is impressive with this one. Trump is spending at a rate 10x higher than Obama ($11+ million/mo vs. $1million/mo) and there's total silence from Grant and DenverD. Curious!

plhorn 02-22-2017 3:20 PM

One thing I've learned since posting here is that most of the Republicans on this forum are in a "Its my team" mindset.
"It doesn't matter if the quarterback is a douchbag as long as my team is on the field I'm gonna route for them"

wake77 02-22-2017 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1954310)
The hypocrisy is impressive with this one. Trump is spending at a rate 10x higher than Obama ($11+ million/mo vs. $1million/mo) and there's total silence from Grant and DenverD. Curious!

Have you ever seen either one of those guys admit when they were wrong?

pesos 02-22-2017 5:31 PM

Grant will admin the news story was fake, but he won't admit to the hypocrisy of staying silent when Trump is running up the security bill at an impressive TEN TIMES the rate of the Obama administration.

02-22-2017 5:35 PM

Quote:

You realize that Trump is already up to what Obama spent in a year right? You think 3.7M is a lot? Look into the Florida white house cost. Or what we pay to send his kid on business trips to make money for himself. You really are something else.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmcc.../#460b3dde64dc

markj 02-22-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1954335)
Grant will admin the news story was fake, but he won't admit to the hypocrisy of staying silent when Trump is running up the security bill at an impressive TEN TIMES the rate of the Obama administration.

Hey, that may be a valid point, however, I'd prefer to see what he does as a whole rather than single out one snippet of his presidency. Wouldn't you agree? We're only 1 of 96 months into this right now. ;) Truth is, we can all cherry pick each other's team to death, beat our chests and claim victory, but it's the whole picture that matters. I'd like to think that Trump's governing will produce mucho benefits/stimuli/surplus-which will more than mitigate the expenses that you're cryin about. I may be wrong. I guess we'll see. One thing for sure is all these conniption fits by the left are doing, is nothing but marginalizing them and making them look like extremist kooks, wearing see-through masks as watchdogs. Problem for them is no one cares what they say right now. It's a chicken little kinda scenario.

wake77 02-23-2017 2:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1954357)
Hey, that may be a valid point, however, I'd prefer to see what he does as a whole rather than single out one snippet of his presidency. Wouldn't you agree? We're only 1 of 96 months into this right now. ;) Truth is, we can all cherry pick each other's team to death, beat our chests and claim victory, but it's the whole picture that matters. I'd like to think that Trump's governing will produce mucho benefits/stimuli/surplus-which will more than mitigate the expenses that you're cryin about. I may be wrong. I guess we'll see. One thing for sure is all these conniption fits by the left are doing, is nothing but marginalizing them and making them look like extremist kooks, wearing see-through masks as watchdogs. Problem for them is no one cares what they say right now. It's a chicken little kinda scenario.

No one is "cherry picking"; they are doing an apples to apples comparison. Every time Obama went on vacation, conservative talking heads went berserk about the costs. WTF do they say now that Trump, who has only been the WH for a month now, is spending significantly more on his vacations? It just shows how disingenuous conservatives are when it comes to their talk about national debt.

shawndoggy 02-23-2017 9:18 AM

The ***-for-tat on what it costs the President to travel really has nothing to do with the national debt.

We have a President. That President is entitled to vacation, and to have AF1 at his (or her, eventually) disposal. That costs money. The amount of money seems large for a single person / family (and is, compared to how most folks vacation) but this is the head of the executive branch of the most powerful nation on earth. It's not fair to compare what it costs to go rent a houseboat for a week.

Wanna talk about national debt? Let's talk taxes / social security / medicare / military funding. Presidential travel costs (whether Bush's, Obama's or Trump's) are a red herring for morons to seize onto.