WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Sanger Electrical Help!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800761)

sk4910 12-31-2013 12:53 PM

Sanger Electrical Help!!!

I have a 2005 Sanger v210. I ran it yesterday and it ran great. I turned it off and when I went to turn it back on, nothing connected to the key switch will power on. I checked 50 amp circuit breaker and it is good. I checked the ignition switch and it is good. There are 3-30amp fuses in the engine compartment that are good. I have checked all of the battery connections to the two batteries and the perko switch connections to make sure they are all tight and clean. I have power in the engine compartment but no power going to the ignition switch. Is there a fuse hidden that I am missing or something else that can cause this. Certain accessories are wired around the ignition switch and all of those work.

ottog1979 12-31-2013 1:07 PM

Is it in neutral?

dp513 12-31-2013 1:29 PM

Something similar happened to me. There's a main harness on the right side of the motor. There's a plug there. Mine came unplugged and I was getting zero power

sk4910 12-31-2013 1:38 PM

It's not in neutral. If it was in neutral, I would still have power to the dash, the engine just doesn't turn over. My dash is dead. I have a main harness on the front side of the engine that is plugged in. Is there a second one on the side? I will go look and see.

sk4910 12-31-2013 2:32 PM

I did not see a second harness. I have a yellow with red stripe and purple with red stripe wires that go from the engine bay to the ignition switch. They do not have power at the switch but I believe they have power in the engine compartment. There are wires in the engine compartment colored the same with power, I assume they are the same wires. Problem is they run through black tubing so I am not able to trace them without cutting off one of the ends and pulling it out of the tubing.

jbird 12-31-2013 11:57 PM

Not understanding the problem, but I do know there are two relays near your ecm, one of them is a fuel pump relay, and one is an ignition relay! Maybe the lattaer?

Salister 01-01-2014 6:37 AM

If the relays are good, fuses are good, it's probably the ECM. Just had this issue in my truck. I'm assuming it will crank but not fire up?

sk4910 01-01-2014 7:07 AM

It will not crank with the key. I have to jump the starter out to get it to turn over in the engine compartment. Basically, the boat acts like the ignition switch is bad. When I turn the key, nothing happens. I put a volt meter and ohm meter on the ignitions switch and the switch seems to be good, but I do not have power going to it. How do I check the relays to find out if they are good? I pray it is not the ecm. It acts like there is a fuse inline to the wire supplying power to the ignition switch that has blown that I cannot find. Not sure if that is the case, but that is the best way I know to describe it.

Salister 01-01-2014 7:21 AM

If you have the same kind of relay for different accessories that work try swapping them. If not you might have to buy a new one.

Pad1Tai 01-01-2014 7:37 AM

The large red wire on the ign switch comes off the hot battery buss... Is it not reading 12v with your voltmeter?

sk4910 01-01-2014 8:10 AM

I do not have a large red wire going to the ignition switch, but none of the wires going to the ignition switch have 12v. There is no voltage going to the ignition switch. I will have to see if the relays are the same where I can swap them.

Pad1Tai 01-01-2014 11:47 AM

I don't think there are relays to the ig switch.. they're are some down steam of the switch.. That should be a direct line to the battery switch with possibly a 150 amp reset-able circuit breaker between.....

camassanger 01-01-2014 11:54 AM

Double and triple check your battery and the connections at the battery

sk4910 01-01-2014 11:54 AM

Okay, I was wrong. There is a red wire going to the ignition switch. I was in there wiggling wires and all of a sudden it came on. There has to be a loose connection somewhere, I just have to find it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

jbird 01-01-2014 9:17 PM

FWIW, the relays in my 2003 V230 are the same!

lav 01-02-2014 1:40 AM

Check your grounds, esp the main one on the engine block
Loose grounds cause all kinds of problems in boats
Good luck

JCat 01-02-2014 1:08 PM

Same thing happened to my V215 last season, After wiggling the wires off the ignition switch it came back to life. After following all the wires in the harness, I found 1 purple wire from the ignition switch to the main harnees that had a loose connection. it was hard to see at first, as the connectors were above the steering column. Plugged them back in tight, and it has worked fine. It also fixed my finicky perfect pass that always seemed to need to be rebooted.