WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   Best Knee Brace (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781453)

sexyws6mama 07-09-2010 1:02 PM

Best Knee Brace

Well, I have been working on my tantrums and landed wrong and now am suffering from Grade 2 MCL sprain in knee. So, my question, what is a good knee brace to wear when I'm back wakeboarding?

Thanks

mdaijogo 07-09-2010 2:59 PM

CTI or Don Bregg from what I have read. I to have an MCL strain. FYI, my medical insurance did not cover sports braces. I am still appealing the insurance.

m-

wakekat15 07-10-2010 6:40 AM

CTi is the best in my opinion....after 2 blown ACLs in the same knee, I got a CTi and haven't suffered a traumatic knee injury since (6 years now - knock on wood).

aliwake 07-11-2010 5:04 PM

I'll 3rd a cti. go custom if you can afford to.

aliwake 07-11-2010 5:05 PM

they're made by ossur now if you're searching for them.

sexyws6mama 07-12-2010 10:36 AM

Kat: What CTi model do you have?

RP2 07-15-2010 6:12 PM

I had knee surgey over the winter. Torn ACL. I have a custom CTI brace that I love. They dry quick and offer great protection.

wakekat15 07-16-2010 5:29 AM

They don't offer mine any longer, Audrey...it is a CTi Aspire. Today it would be the Pro Sport model!

sexyws6mama 07-17-2010 5:19 AM

Thanks for all help. I ended up with a Donjoy Fource Point Brace. It was in my price range.

Doc says I"m healing very well at my post 1 week. Still got 3 more weeks till I board again. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

wakekat15 07-17-2010 5:53 AM

Audrey - Stop rubbing it in that you can ride again in 3 more weeks! ;-D I'm still months away - my sad face... :-( Glad you are recovering nicely!

sexyws6mama 07-20-2010 5:14 AM

Kat: I have no clue how your not going insane not wakeboarding! These past 2 weeks just sititng on the boat and watching others has been tense!!!! My knee is stiff but I can feel the progress, but don't want to rush it, so I probably need to wait at least till Aug. 7th to ride. All I want to do is try some 3's!!!!! :) I would like to nail one with the handle soon ;)

Hang in there Kat!

mtomson2 08-23-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1606785)
CTi is the best in my opinion....after 2 blown ACLs in the same knee, I got a CTi and haven't suffered a traumatic knee injury since (6 years now - knock on wood).

I have no ACL and tore up all the ligaments in my knee. Best thing is to have a snug fitting brace and to do the exercises that maintain all those small supportive knee muscles. Balance muscles are real imprtant to keep in shape. My PT guy had me doing knee bends on one foot on a half round and then double footed knee bends on an Indo board. I wear a Don Joy. Need small amount of biodegradable shampoo to get it off it fits so snug. BTW my ACL has been gone 19 years.

bfnaci 09-08-2010 6:25 PM

I've been in a CTI for two years. I'm in the water with it three times a week, its not holding up well. The straps and hardware are weak, expect to rebuild if your behind the boat regularly.

sexyws6mama 09-13-2010 2:15 PM

Update: My DonJoy works great in the water! Only complaint....once in a while the velcro comes loose on one of the pieces, but I just put it back. It doesn't happen often and no biggie. I love my DonJoy and would definetly buy another one!