WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Steel vs Rusty (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808994)

tripsw 04-17-2019 3:56 PM

Steel vs Rusty

So...?
I followed the first hits of both on their IG, but had to get back to that thing called "life" again.
Any videos online somewhere?

ryan_shima1 04-18-2019 10:39 AM

Wakeboarding Mag is supposed to have the edit on their FB & IG page some time today, along with the result.

migs 04-18-2019 1:50 PM

the entire 5 minute video is on wakeboardingmag.com

tripsw 04-18-2019 2:20 PM

Haha to be continued...!

andy_nintzel 04-18-2019 2:35 PM

Dang that was amazing to watch. The double is becoming a lost art.

Cisco 04-18-2019 3:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this for fun

bass10after 04-18-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco (Post 1988129)
I made this for fun

you need to find a hobby lol

bass10after 04-18-2019 10:16 PM

I can't believe theres not more people on here talking about it! The height they're getting is unreal. The new wakeboat wakes are the old double ups and the new double ups are like massive kickers

on_wi 04-19-2019 5:36 AM

Watched it live while I "worked". That was an awesome event and was perfect feel for how wakeboarding events can be different and exciting. I'd love to see things like this in the future. Manufacturers throw in some cash, and get some eyes on their product, and we get something true to wakeboarding.
I'd love to see a "take it to the flats" contest or something like this. Definitely helped that Steel and Rusty played it up in the week leading up to the contest.
Cant wait for take 2. You'd think that with the weight diff Steel will have to win. Maybe those woo sports pucks should be sponsoring something like this to get their name out. (little puck that attaches to your board and apparently measures things like airtime).

migs 04-19-2019 9:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass10after (Post 1988134)
I can't believe theres not more people on here talking about it! The height they're getting is unreal. The new wakeboat wakes are the old double ups and the new double ups are like massive kickers

Unfortunately for our sport nowadays, people are more interested in what kind of "tricks" they can perform on a wakesurf. "Tricks" like chugging 2 beers, then doing a yoga pose. Or sitting on a bar stool & making a phone call. :banghead:

ryan_shima1 04-19-2019 8:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_wi (Post 1988140)
Watched it live while I "worked". That was an awesome event and was perfect feel for how wakeboarding events can be different and exciting. I'd love to see things like this in the future. Manufacturers throw in some cash, and get some eyes on their product, and we get something true to wakeboarding.
I'd love to see a "take it to the flats" contest or something like this. Definitely helped that Steel and Rusty played it up in the week leading up to the contest.
Cant wait for take 2. You'd think that with the weight diff Steel will have to win. Maybe those woo sports pucks should be sponsoring something like this to get their name out. (little puck that attaches to your board and apparently measures things like airtime).

Back in the late 90's & early 2000's, ESPN televised the Big Air Challenge in which the riders would hit 2 double ups per round, and if I remember correctly, it was 2-3 rounds total.

stevo8290 04-20-2019 8:47 PM

I wanna smash some dubs now

jarrod 05-01-2019 5:29 AM

I'd like to see them do it again. I'd be really surprise if Steel doesn't easily win. That dude can do anything on a wakeboard. I think his double cab into the flats is probably more frames than the indy tantrum.

tripsw 05-01-2019 3:47 PM

Well "easily win" I don't think so else he would have won already. But agreed, the dude is a magician on his board.
Eagerly awaiting round II here!