WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   NXT 20 Fuel Gauge (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806665)

Ccamp2 07-11-2016 10:48 AM

NXT 20 Fuel Gauge

I just bought a New 2015 NXT 20 last week. I have went to top it off twice just to make sure it is full.. However, the fuel gauge is showing under half tank when I am sitting and when I am driving..

Thoughts?

MattieK27 07-11-2016 5:33 PM

Most of the boats I have been on have fuel gauges that don't work. In this case though, just get the dealer to check it out. It definitely is still under warranty.

simplej 07-11-2016 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1939440)
Most of the mastercrafts I have been on have fuel gauges that don't work. In this case though, just get the dealer to check it out. It definitely is still under warranty.

fixed that for you. Never been an issue on anything else to me.

No joke, find the tank in the floor and look where the sender is and stomp on the floor above it. Probably just a stuck slider.

MattieK27 07-11-2016 6:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1939441)
fixed that for you. Never been an issue on anything else to me.

No joke, find the tank in the floor and look where the sender is and stomp on the floor above it. Probably just a stuck slider.

Yep, you definitely fixed it. I clearly wasn't talking about the multiple Sea Rays, Moombas, Malibus, and Carvers I have been on and helped maintain.

Everything has to be a pissing match on this site...

Pad1Tai 07-11-2016 7:31 PM

Pull the sending unit out of the tank and calibrate it... Measure how many inches the tank ID is from bottom to top.. Make sure your float fulcrum point is mid way between that.. and adjust the sweep by shortening the arm of the float..

imscarlet 07-12-2016 2:11 AM

Just got this from MC factory today.... when calibrating fuel gauge, tank must be less than half full before attempting calibration. With gauge showing less than 1/2 a tank turn key off, fill boat with fuel and then key back on and it will recalibrate itself. My advice make sure you run tank level well down before filling it and see if it sorts it self our or otherwise might be time to visit dealer

Ccamp2 07-13-2016 6:38 PM

I will give this a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imscarlet (Post 1939461)
Just got this from MC factory today.... when calibrating fuel gauge, tank must be less than half full before attempting calibration. With gauge showing less than 1/2 a tank turn key off, fill boat with fuel and then key back on and it will recalibrate itself. My advice make sure you run tank level well down before filling it and see if it sorts it self our or otherwise might be time to visit dealer

Thank Ian.. I will give this one a try.. I have filled it up now twice thinking maybe I wasn't putting in enough gas.. I guess this gives me an excuse to run the 10 hours on it this weekend so it can also get its first oil change :D

scottb7 07-13-2016 7:20 PM

Recalibrate - jeez, they are making these 2 complicated by getting computers involved. Like others said, should just be a sending unit and a gauge. Anything other then that is OVER engineered. And my 3 boats always worked fine.