WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tantrums off kickers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802951)

08-04-2014 10:29 AM

Tantrums off kickers

I've already had a post very similar to this one but I have a couple other questions. Ok, so I'm pretty consistent at tantrums now but I want them to look a lot better and have more style. I have a problem getting the straight backwards rotation, it's more to the side. Also, should I take a hard cut towards the kicker than when near the top open up with my arm slightly bent and push off the top off the kicker for pop while throwing my head back to start the rotation? Or should I wait till I'm completely off the kicker to start my flip? Sorry about all the questions but I want to make them look good as I may do a competition later this month.

behindtheboat 08-04-2014 10:34 AM

Let the kicker kick/pop you into the flip. Take an aggressive cut, at the top square up your shoulders parallel to the ramp, and kick off the top, which will kick you into rotation. This is how you can then add a grab easier.

Jmaxymek 08-05-2014 1:42 PM

^^^ agreed on all fronts. Grabbing tantrums makes them look awesome as well. Grabbing is more about bringing your knees to your chest than reaching down. Keep doing them, the more you throw them the more comfortable you'll be!

petrie141 08-05-2014 2:20 PM

I agree with both of these guys ^^^

I rotate kind of funny, but with a grab, it can look cool. If someone gives you crap about your tantrum not being square just find friends that aren't as advanced as you and go from there (kidding of course).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WiUgDJsRvVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But seriously, square up, head back, spot your landing, ride away and hope everyone saw (but play it cool).

Dissociative 08-05-2014 7:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrie141 (Post 1887650)
But seriously, square up, head back, spot your landing, ride away and hope everyone saw (but play it cool).

Haha love the last bit. :) It's applicable to almost every wakeboard trick!

08-12-2014 1:41 AM

I have a hard time getting my board directly over me so I have a straight back rotation, it's like my body does a straight backflip and my board kind of hangs to the side making the tantrum looks slightly inverted. Is there anyway to fix this?! I can backflip perfectly on a trampoline. What should I do??

joaomalheiros 08-12-2014 5:40 AM

it would help a lot if you showed us a video on ho you do it, so we can see what you're doing wrong. what i do on my tantrums is that i wait till the last second to start carving and take a really hard edge and instead of focusing on getting my head back I think more just of looking to the sky and getting my knees to throw the rotation. that way helps you to wait for the kicker to kick you and getting your knees to your chest so you can grab more easily. hope it helps you!