WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Wetsounds upgrades (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809371)

Jmorlan 06-21-2020 3:36 PM

Wetsounds upgrades
 
Checking in to verify some research before ordering.

I sold my boat a few years back and kind of got out of it. A few of my friends bought boats this year and we are getting ready to do a wetsounds upgrade In one of them. Wanting to make sure I'm recommending him right since its been 6-7 years since I bought my stuff.

420BT
2 pair rev 10
SD2 to run tower
3 pair revo 6. He will be removing 3 pair of kicker 6.5
he wants to save a little on the in boat amp What do you recommend. Syn4? Arc 300.4?

I recommended probably 2 L16 6v for him. What do you guys say? He doesnt want to go all out but he wants it right with a reasonable budget.

I recommended something like 1-2 DC level 3 12's for woofers. What amp do you recommend to run those these days. Need about 2000-2500w

Ofc speaker and power wire from knuconcept along with distribution blocks and fuses.

Bret 06-22-2020 5:24 AM

SYN-DX2.3 For towers
https://www.wetsounds.com/product/SYN-DX2.3-HP
and
SYN-DX4 for inboats
https://www.wetsounds.com/product/SYN-DX4

chpthril 06-23-2020 10:54 AM

Are you looking to order from some place that actually claims to be selling those retired models? The Syn amps have been gone for a number of years and the SDX replaced the SD a few seasons back as well. Hard to compete with retired models that are likely (should be) deeply discounted.

Out of the current offerings, the Syn-DX2.3HP for 2 pair of Rev-10 and the HTX-6 for 3 pair of in-boats. The SDX-2500 is 2500W rms @ 1 ohm

Jmorlan 06-23-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chpthril (Post 1999182)
Are you looking to order from some place that actually claims to be selling those retired models? The Syn amps have been gone for a number of years and the SDX replaced the SD a few seasons back as well. Hard to compete with retired models that are likely (should be) deeply discounted.

Out of the current offerings, the Syn-DX2.3HP for 2 pair of Rev-10 and the HTX-6 for 3 pair of in-boats. The SDX-2500 is 2500W rms @ 1 ohm

No, I just figured you guys would know what I meant without adding all the extra hype wetsounds is throwing in their models along with the price increases.

chpthril 06-23-2020 11:14 PM

There is no hype. With some looking, you will see that there is a CLEAR difference between the old Syn series and the new Syn-DX series. Open chassis fan-cooled class-G/H compared to a closed chassis Class-D with covered protected controls. All the connections on one side so the amp can be mounted with the connection down which minimizes the chance of water intrusion. There are some physical and internal difference between the SD and the new SDX series, although not as pronounced as the difference between the Syn and Syn-DX. The HTX is heads above the previous HT series.

So very valid question to ask, considering there are outlets still listing these retired models for sale. My point was, with the expected discounts on retired models, you would be hard pressed to find amps with similar wattage and performance within that discounted price range.

There have been cost increases all across the mobile 12V electronics industry, resulting in a rise in retail pricing. Its not unique to any single brand.

Jmorlan 07-24-2020 2:18 AM

Ok, I ended up buying a new boat now [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Want to run a rev 3some on the tower.
Sdx6 or syn-dx6 to run?

Jmorlan 01-08-2021 9:25 PM

Wetsounds upgrades
 
Bump.
Waited out the rest of last summer.
Getting ready to order now to get ready for this summer.

Jmorlan 01-08-2021 11:41 PM

Or bang for buck would be, ks600.2 for pair of rev10, and a ks300.2 for 410?

Jmorlan 01-08-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorlan (Post 2005751)
Or bang for buck would be, ks600.2 for pair of rev10, and a ks300.2 for 410?


I canít edit posts so sorry for multiple ideas.
My s bend tower doesnít seem like it will allow the layout properly and the amp thing is a headache anyway unless dx6.
2 410 with a ks600.2 bridged at 2ohm would provide 600w to each 410. Providing just about perfect wattage at anchor with boat off which we do a lot.

chpthril 01-09-2021 4:37 PM

Quote:

2 410 with a ks600.2 bridged at 2ohm would provide 600w to each 410.
Nope, not possible. The rev-410 is a 4 ohm pod, so two wired together is either a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load. Neither KS600.2 amps will handle a 2 ohm bridged load, so this leaves you only the 8 ohm load wiring configuration. In this manor, each pod would receive 400W rms, same wattage as if you just wired each pod to its own chnl.

For a pair of rev-410, the Wet Sounds Syn-DX4 is the way to go. Or if you are married to the Arc brand, the Arc Series 1000.4.

Jmorlan 01-09-2021 8:17 PM

Wetsounds upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chpthril (Post 2005782)
Nope, not possible. The rev-410 is a 4 ohm pod, so two wired together is either a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load. Neither KS600.2 amps will handle a 2 ohm bridged load, so this leaves you only the 8 ohm load wiring configuration. In this manor, each pod would receive 400W rms, same wattage as if you just wired each pod to its own chnl.

For a pair of rev-410, the Wet Sounds Syn-DX4 is the way to go. Or if you are married to the Arc brand, the Arc Series 1000.4.


Iím having trouble understanding.
Each 410, wired together to 2ohm at the amp should get me 600w per 410 according to this?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2c6ab7897a.jpg

Not necessarily married to the arc Amps, I just feel they are better bang for the buck. And after my sd2 affair a few years back, Iím sure you all remember. I figure I might as well save some money for very similar output.

bass10after 01-10-2021 9:50 PM

No. The amp does 400w per side at 4ohm. They are 4 ohm pods so you’d get 400. To get 2ohms you’d have to parallel the two speakers together aka wiring pos to pos and neg to neg and then go to the amp. This amp can handle 2ohms per side. But you would then get 600w per side divided by the two speakers and only get 300w per pod. This configuration would work if you wanted to run 4pods. The amp bridged can do 1200w x1 at 4ohm. In order to get 600w per speaker you would need to have two 8ohm speakers to begin with. You would then parallel those to get 4 ohm. Hope this helps. Google series and parallel and spend a few min learning about this. Will help much more with diagrams to go along with explanation. Also if you find an amp that does 1200w @2ohms you’d be sitting pretty as that would be a better match and provide you with the desired 600w per pod.

chpthril 01-12-2021 5:12 AM

As good as that amp is/was, its like 12 years old tech. Its also not a marine amp, and even worse, it has an open chassis and is fan cooled. id look for an updated model amp, and one thats not fan cooled.

Amp specs are what the amp puts out per chnl at a given load, but not necessarily what a speaker, or speakers, is going to receive. Wired together in parallel does = 2 ohm. But that 600W is from a 2 ohm load on a chnl. So you would not want to wire two 410 pods together in parallel and connect to one channel of a 2 chnl amp. This would mean you are using only one halve of the amp, running mono and only getting 300W to each pod.

Jmorlan 01-12-2021 8:21 AM

All of this makes sense. Thanks for the replies guys.
One final reply before I give up for good lol.
1200x1 @ 4ohm.
Canít wire each pod to its own channel at 4ohm and put in bridge mode?
These arc amps are half the cost of WS.
Iím sure the sdx are better but my sd2 was a summer of nightmares.

Jmorlan 01-12-2021 8:34 AM

Wetsounds upgrades
 
But, an arc 1200.1 would do the job for sure. Correct?

chpthril 01-13-2021 4:56 AM

Quote:

Canít wire each pod to its own channel at 4ohm and put in bridge mode?
Bridging is not a switch that you select, so no, you cant. Bridging is when you wire a speaker across 2 chnls, using one chnl's + and the other chnl's - and make it one channel. So any way you slice it, 400W rms is the best that that amp is going to deliver to each rev-410.

I do not see a 1200.1 listed, so I do not know what amp specifically, you are referring to. However, most mono amps are not suited to run full-range drivers like a Rev-410, only subwoofers.

Jmorlan 01-15-2021 1:27 AM

Wetsounds upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chpthril (Post 2005993)
Bridging is not a switch that you select, so no, you cant. Bridging is when you wire a speaker across 2 chnls, using one chnl's + and the other chnl's - and make it one channel. So any way you slice it, 400W rms is the best that that amp is going to deliver to each rev-410.

I do not see a 1200.1 listed, so I do not know what amp specifically, you are referring to. However, most mono amps are not suited to run full-range drivers like a Rev-410, only subwoofers.


I picked up a syndx4. I hope 400w is enough to make them sound good. I had for some reason remembered the 600.2 to send 300w to each, not 400 or I would have ended up with that for a few hundred less. Yes I know class d vs class g/h.
I am now contemplating swapping the dx4 for a 600.2 or an sd4 for 685w


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:22 AM.