WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   2010 Wake Mashup (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784889)

mikejones 11-23-2010 6:21 PM

2010 Wake Mashup

Hello all...I wanted to post up a link to a quick smashup of my girls riding in hopes to stimulate some drive in her. She's been a little, well I'll say "less motivated" lately. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrUPx3XsK4

gnarslayer 11-23-2010 6:49 PM

sickk you definitely get WAY more pop than most girls... the only thing i could say is put some more toeside stuff in there... good vid !

sexyws6mama 11-24-2010 4:20 AM

How long has she been riding? How long did it take for her to get the tantrum? Yeah, I would just have her do more variety. TS and switch. She motivated me, so that's crazy she's not motivated!!!!!! I would kill to have my tantrum! LOL

mikejones 11-24-2010 5:49 AM

She just started working on TS. Just didn't have any vids of any TS jumps. Shes been riding for a little over a year. The tantrum came easy for her (gymnast backround) she even learned it before i did. i think the winter and cold water has got her bummed. but my advice is the winter is the perfect time to learn fundamentals, switch, etc. Thanks for the comments.

cwb4me 11-24-2010 5:51 AM

i think her riding is great. she is a powerful and aggressive rider. her h/s 180's and tantrum are in the flats. i didn't see any toeside jumps.she also gets huge height on her jumps and tricks.

aliwake 11-24-2010 5:23 PM

I can't believe she's only been riding for a year - I'm so jealous!!
For the tantrum, I'd love to see her take it off the top of the wake more, and lay it out - she's rotating really fast and not using the whole wake, which is why her landings are hard to control sometimes, I think. If she used the whole wake and slowed the rotation down (but not tucking up as much) she'd have more time to spot the landing.
Apart from that, her cut seems really aggressive sometimes - see if she'd be willing to have more of a progressive edge, and not sit down into the cut so much - I think she'd end up more controlled in the air, and be able to hold those grabs longer.
But seriously - everything she did was ace! she's going so big, and riding so well already. It would be a real shame if she lost motivation. maybe you should send her to a wake camp to get some coaching - I can imagine she'd be one of those people who'd come home with about 10 new tricks!! :)

mikejones 11-24-2010 10:43 PM

We're planning both to go to wake camp in the spring. I think a big part of her issue is that she has gotten hurt quite often, no broken bones, or major injuries, but she tweeks and ankle just about every 4 outings. Maybe thats part of why she has gotten a bit tentative to throw new tricks, or work as hard as she was in the spring. What worked for me last winter was hitting the gym with lots of ankle exercises, so shes doing those fairly often. now that its winter, she really is a bit afraid of tweaking another ankle or knee with the cold water. We ride a big wake, she likes to compete with the boys, which i think has helped her progession a lot, but maybe that has gotten her scared of getting hurt cause of the couple injuries shes had. My advice to her this winter has been "fundamentals" nothing more, nothing less. Switch, all 180s, progressive edge, and to not throw so many inverts to keep up with the boys. By the spring she can come out hard, with lots of board control, and really push herself. Shes got T2Bs, scarecrows, backrolls, and hs front flips on the tramp 80%, but wont thrown them on the water. Likely because of the fear factor, but shes very coachable. I've conviced her to drop the line length down to 65' (from 70') and stick with the fundamentals. Hopefully that will pay off in the spring.

PS - Thanks for the comments, she'll read this soon.

wakekat15 11-26-2010 8:53 AM

Yeah, I'd say she has progressed nicely in her HS skills. Tell her she will have twice as much fun once she gets that TS down! ;-D Where do you guys live? Yell if you attend a wake camp in Central Florida...I'd be happy to give you guys pulls.

hawkeye7708 11-29-2010 11:08 AM

She's got a great set of heelside skills down! I would definitely agree that if she can start nailing toeside jumps, which from the look of things will be a piece of cake for her, it'll really open up a whole new side of boarding. It's such a blast to be able to bounce tricks back and forth down the water. Keep it up!! That tantrum is looking prime.

polhamus 12-06-2010 3:11 PM

Can I ask you MJ how you have your ballast set up? is that the xstar? We have the xstar fly high system. about 1900 total. Thanks!

mikejones 12-14-2010 12:00 PM

Sure, the boat is an 09 MC X-45, here's the setup.. all 3 stock tanks full, wake plate up, 550's on top of the rear ballasts in the lockers, and a 550 in the bow on the floor. With a full tank the wake is one of the best I've ridden.

Thanks for all the comments!

07-20-2011 12:13 PM

Thanks for the Positive Feedback.

I want to thank my husband for posting this vid of me shredding and the rest of all of you for the awesome feedback. It definitely lifted my spirits reading it today :). I have sadly taken most of the year off for various reasons (and yes, I still give MJ pulls every freakin day of the week). But I have had enough, I am ready to start shredding again. I am looking to get a new set up. I currently ride the Hyperlite Syn 132 and am looking to switch to a bigger board (134 or 136) and converting to a 3-stage. Based on my video above what can all of you recommend for a new setup?

cwb4me 07-21-2011 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staci (Post 1694558)
I want to thank my husband for posting this vid of me shredding and the rest of all of you for the awesome feedback. It definitely lifted my spirits reading it today :). I have sadly taken most of the year off for various reasons (and yes, I still give MJ pulls every freakin day of the week). But I have had enough, I am ready to start shredding again. I am looking to get a new set up. I currently ride the Hyperlite Syn 132 and am looking to switch to a bigger board (134 or 136) and converting to a 3-stage. Based on my video above what can all of you recommend for a new setup?

The new RONIX quarter till midnight is doing a great job for Haley Smith.:D Amber wing is killing it on the jett but it's a blended rocker.