WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   '99 Tige 2100V - Deal to good to be true? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791629)

JoLo_Si 01-27-2012 11:37 AM

'99 Tige 2100V - Deal to good to be true?

I found an awesome deal on a '99 Tige 2100V limited. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ited-101497246

It looks super clean and has the all the options I want in a wake boat at a rediculous price for a v-drive. Tige wouldn't be my first pick for a wake boat but even with shipping to Florida this deal is too good to pass up. Any opinions are welcome!

Anyone know some one trustworthy in the Carlsbad CA area who can go through the boat and motor for me to verify all is good?

scotthons 01-27-2012 12:40 PM

Maybe there are some issues from salt water? You might want to check that out since they probably rode a lot in the Carlsbad Lagoon. Looks really nice though.

JoLo_Si 01-27-2012 12:42 PM

I am thinking the same thing, requested motor pics since they were left out for some reason.

lifetimewarranty 01-27-2012 1:08 PM

The ad says it was used on a lake...if it was used in salt RUN AWAY!

Kinda looks too clean to have been a salt boat. Most likely it is a carburetor engine and not fuel injected. That kills that value a little...but it seems to have lots of options (perfect pass, ballast, tandem trailer, etc)

I'm not sure of the hours though.

Seems like a rockin deal.

boardjnky4 01-27-2012 1:20 PM

What does NADA say? I would venture to say that it's probably more like a 17-19k boat...That's just a guess. People are desperate to sell in the winter. Worth looking at!

01-27-2012 3:23 PM

The motor should be a Mercruiser 350 mag mpi. So it should be fuel injected.

nitrousbird 01-27-2012 4:21 PM

Scam. I saw a few scams on Boattrader when I was buying mine - even contacted one of them by phone, as they did a good job with the e-mail/reasoning of selling/details. That boat is way too cheap for that new of a V-drive, unless it was trashed and/or had major mechanical issues.

I looked at a few of them (none in person) last summer - cheapest I found was asking 18k, and that one had a broken tower (those towers are some of the worst ever put on a boat - very common for them to break). I've also read - but am not for sure if is true - that those boats have wood strings.

01-27-2012 7:04 PM

as far as towers goes. Thats a good tower. The towers that were constantly breaking are more squarish and have long struts. The ones that break are fugly this one is not.

illini88 01-28-2012 11:36 AM

That isn't necessarily a scam. It's winter and some people get desparate to sell.

simplej 01-28-2012 2:08 PM

whats throwing a red flag for me is the registration in AZ and the location in carlsbad, but that doesnt necessairly mean a scame

johnny_defacto 01-28-2012 2:15 PM

Yeah simple, not neccessarily a scam. My first boat was reg in az but i live in cali. This is probably done a lot especially with all the havasu vacation houses.

simplej 01-28-2012 2:33 PM

exactly, or they could have relocated or keep their boat in AZ, but that might be something a scammer would miss when posting an ad is location/registration.
If you can find out if its legit or not then youve got a steal of a boat imo

bmock50 01-28-2012 5:24 PM

Can anyone see the registration on the truck? That could tell you too

Jeff 01-28-2012 6:04 PM

Did you try calling the phone #? Usually they're disconnected if it's a scam. Shoot them an email. If they respond with some strange story about how they had to leave the country and left it with a storage facility somewhere in the US and all you have to do is pay a "fully refundable" delivery fee for them to bring it to your house to view it...... Then it's a scam.

I'm pretty good at spotting the scams and this one is too close to call without attempting to reach out to the seller. There are a couple of misspellings that are typical of scams ("Rakes" instead racks, "problem fee" instead of "problem free", etc.) but other than that I don't think the price seems too crazy out of line. I bought a nice 2000 23' V-Drive MasterCraft mid 2010 for $13,300 that needed $1,000 in parts w/ my labor (Starter, alternator, blower, etc.).

FWIW that's an Aerial Airborne tower. I have the same one on my MC. Nothing really wrong with it but being that it's an inexpensive tower (~$800-1,000 depending on when you buy it) it would make the boat a little less valuable than one with an OEM tower (Assuming the OEM tower isn't known to be terrible or something). It's got Perfect Pass though so that more than makes up for the non OEM tower in my book.

NoProblem 01-31-2012 10:00 AM

The factory tower was terrible. That Aerial is a definite upgrade. I've owned the factory Metcrap and have also installed the Aerial on a buddy's boat. They are thin, made in China and it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get parts and they are still way better than the factory Metcrafts. My buddy loves his and I was surprised as well with how sturdy they are once on the boat. I think they are a great price point tower.