WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NOVA/MD/DC Potomac River Riders (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804483)

RideClaytorVT 04-28-2015 9:32 AM

NOVA/MD/DC Potomac River Riders

Anyone ride the Potomac? I saw a Tige RZ4 on the water by the monuments last season and also an Axis A22 by Georgetown. I am looking for people who want to ride/raft up this summer. I can also give lessons to beginner & intermediate riders.....

ccelia 04-29-2015 8:16 AM

I am in the area and ride the Potomac almost every weekend. I normally ride a little south down at Mattowoman Creek (closer to the Occoquan/Belmont Bay area). Shoot me a PM with your contact info and lets try to link up this summer. I have a Mastercraft X45 and a decent crew that I normally go out with, but would like to meet some new riders.

Bumpass1 05-03-2015 5:41 AM

I've always heard the Potomac was full of rocks and shallows. Never wanted to put my boat in there because of it.

RideClaytorVT 05-04-2015 8:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpass1 (Post 1910284)
I've always heard the Potomac was full of rocks and shallows. Never wanted to put my boat in there because of it.

Good point, but I am sure there are areas which are decent to ride in.

Bumpass1 05-06-2015 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideClaytorVT (Post 1910335)
Good point, but I am sure there are areas which are decent to ride in.

Oh I'm sure. I just don't want to be the one to find out. It is so close, but the risk is so huge for me. I just trailer down to Lake Anna as much as I can. You are welcome to come and take some sets with us, but I can tell you that you are way out of our league in skills. We still have fun though. I am looking into picking up a quad for filming so who knows, we might be able to help each other.

sp0tts 05-20-2015 7:32 AM

The Potomac isn't that bad if you use common sense. The water is rarely flat though unless you're up early. At least not in DC (too much traffic). I think the RZ is an RZ2 that's kept at Columbia Island. I've met the guys, but it's been a few years. I had close friends with a '06 LSV at the marina but it's gone. I have a VLX at Lake Anna that I'll bring in for a few long weekends this year (as work allows). I'll PM you my number Grant. If anyone else sees this you can PM me.

HushPuff 05-21-2015 5:15 AM

I ride mattowoman creek pretty frequently as well, only ever at high tide though... Definitely have gone face first into muck on a crash before and that is scary. Used to be out in the red/white moomba but have since upgraded to a blue a24. Will be out Sunday if anyone else is! Probably have a seat available too. Launch from Leesylvania.

twb100 06-01-2015 10:20 AM

My boat is at columbia island. I ride most weekends and weekdays im off. I am absolutely looking for people to ride with. Definitely contact me would love to find some people in the area! 443 838 9995 text me or call anytime

twb100 06-01-2015 10:22 AM

And the potomac has a good little cove by ft. Washington marina that I ride in. It's usually nice and flat most days....about 5 feet deep with the right tide.

CIH 06-04-2015 10:06 AM

SPots,
That's Jim's RZ2.

Be careful in that cove, there is a concrete block that sunk one of the hyperlite reps centurions years ago.

I ride all over the Pax river and currently based in the South River, spent many many years out of Columbia Island, good times.

fannin 06-04-2015 5:55 PM

I live in SoMD and ride in the Potomac and Breton Bay.

RideClaytorVT 06-08-2015 12:28 PM

If you guys are ever down to ride or might be in need of a spotter....let me know! Send me a PM, it would be cool to meet more riders in the area

mattstrykul 06-23-2015 1:20 PM

Hey guys,
If anyone needs a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, please shoot me a pm. My girlfriend and I are looking to ride as much as possible this summer. She is beginner, I'm intermediate rider, both willing to throw down for gas/beer/food/good times on the water. Both just got new set ups as well, so really itching to get out on the potomac, or LKA.
Matt

mecca131 06-26-2015 2:02 PM

I live in Alexandria, and am def looking to ride in the DMV. Hit me up if you need a +1.

RideClaytorVT 06-30-2015 10:06 AM

Selling my 8 HP winch with 2K feet of non-stretch line and a brand new motor installed (not shown in pictures) if anyone is interested in the area!!! http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...080306429.html.

RideClaytorVT 06-30-2015 10:38 AM

If anyone would be down to look for winching spots in the NOVA / DC area, send me a PM!