WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   So... who won the Rockstar boat? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796793)

kamighazi 01-30-2013 1:22 PM

So... who won the Rockstar boat?

I've been waiting for my phone call, informing me i won. The contest should have ended in December, but i can find any material online about winners. I thought this was a publicity stunt, anyone know why so quiet?

FunkyBunch 01-30-2013 1:32 PM

Saw something on the Supra forums that said talk to Rockstar. So apparently Supra wanted to distance itself from it.

chillinoj 01-30-2013 1:43 PM

Don't worry Ben, they'll be calling me any day now...

But I was wondering what's taking them so long too

kamighazi 01-30-2013 1:46 PM

ah! even better, no storage, maint., insurance. pick us up at Sharky's!

kamighazi 01-31-2013 6:59 AM

Isn't it illegal to have a sweepstakes and not honor it? Those b@$tard$ got my email.

tyler97217 01-31-2013 9:05 AM

I saw a phone call from Rockstar on January 1st, but figured it was a marketing call. I just realized it could have been me and I should have answered that call. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

Ok kidding, but I am still waiting for my phone to ring..

kamighazi 01-31-2013 10:43 AM

When I win. Diggs i'll trade you straight up for the one in your profile.

durty_curt 02-01-2013 5:24 AM

Haha! This is funny, i was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago. Everytime i would Get an email from Rock star i would get all excited but Everytime its some damn spam!

rickt 02-01-2013 6:47 AM

From What I am told, Rockstar has picked several winners....but has been unable to reach the pulled winner. In each case, you have to wait several days for the winner to come forward and thus it drags out. Sorry. But she will be given away!

Rick

FunkyBunch 02-01-2013 6:52 AM

So you mean there's still a chance!! ;)

Thanks for the post Rick.

kamighazi 02-01-2013 7:00 AM

Awe man, would i love to see the list of loser winners that didn't follow up! Hope I'm not on it. To that point: All lines are open...

Thanks for clearing it up. Mad props to SUPRA, very cool company.

wakebrdr94 02-06-2013 7:39 AM

I'll be surprised if anyone ever wins that thing. Rockstar is known for making promises about crap and not delivering. Buy a pallet of product and well give you this, then never come through. I know a manager at a grocery store who was told he'd get a pit bike for I think 10 pallets of product, so he brought it in, no bike. Same with other managers I know, promised snowboards or whatever for orders and they got nothing. I swear I saw that thing at a dealership out here getting the wrap taken off along with some of their RVs. Wouldn't surprise me

michridr69 02-06-2013 9:29 AM

the blue rockstar is yummy

MichGreatLakes 03-08-2013 12:38 AM

sorry

I too have been searching for the name of the winner.... who in fact is my mother... and they have yet to release her name for she has not yet received the boat although it is on it's way... but they do say within a month she shall have it.. she has signed for it and filled out all the contractual papers... she is super excited and a great mother that deserves every ounce of winning such an awesome prize! Even the people at the boat show did not know who won the boat and were glad to find that my mother did, because she is awesome and deserving!

jonblarc7 03-08-2013 5:38 AM

You got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Houstonshark 03-08-2013 6:48 AM

Congrats!

kamighazi 03-08-2013 7:15 AM

Your mom won huh? You signed her up didn't you?

...My whole fam could have won a boat without even knowing it too.

downfortheride 03-08-2013 7:51 AM

Let's see.... Mich signs up on the 8th, first and only post on the 8th. Looks like Rockstar is trying to hush the crowd... If the post is real congrats but it seems unlikely Mich would find WW to post about his mom.

iShredSAN 03-08-2013 7:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downfortheride (Post 1810344)
Let's see.... Mich signs up on the 8th, first and only post on the 8th. Looks like Rockstar is trying to hush the crowd... If the post is real congrats but it seems unlikely Mich would find WW to post about his mom.

I agree! Pics or it didn't happen...

MICAH_HARPER 03-08-2013 8:35 AM

im calling BS

garveyj 03-08-2013 8:47 AM

I agree - dude has 1 post on his profile - BS

MichGreatLakes 03-08-2013 9:13 AM

yah i'l admit it was my one and only post and i would think the same way, but i google "who won the rockstar supra boat" to see if they released her name yet and of course not and this was probably the only site that had people interested in it talking about it so i made the name last night... she basically called me back in january tellin me she won a boat and naturally i was a little suspicious so i asked to see the email and it was pretty vague untill it said you have 3 days to contact rockstar... then when they called her to talk about taxes she will have to pay was when i believed it... the supra booth at the boat show she went to in seattle hadnt even gotten her name, and apparently the boat is in arizona waiting for shipment....

grant_west 03-08-2013 9:14 AM

I love the Wake World doubt!!!
Shenannagins ! I say let's call BS until they prove it with out a doubt! Provide pic's DNA a blood sample,
next of kin reference & a letter from your high school teacher. And after all that we will call PHOTOSHOP

MichGreatLakes 03-08-2013 9:26 AM

when she gets it i'll post pics for you guys.... they really havent even given her a delivery date, probably because they werent expecting the winnner to take the boat and pay the probably 25k in taxes for it... just probably planned on signing a 10k check.... well obviously im in michigan, but she moved last year to washington, which now seems like such a bad choice.... having that boat in michigan on the great lakes would be awsome. but yeah i too share in the skepticism if i hadnt read the email myself and i still wont believe it till im being towed behind it

jonblarc7 03-08-2013 6:53 PM

Well congrats and ill be the the first to say welcome to wakeworld. You can find a lot of good info on here and I would love to see pics of the boat.

MichGreatLakes 03-09-2013 2:26 AM

well thank you! i do appreciate that... i will say, i am a huge snow skiing fan, after a few trips to jackson hole for my spring breaks, and look forward to becoming an avid water skier... but come-on that boat was built for wakeboarding and by God i will push my limits to make that boat proud.... and truly i can not emphasize how deserving, of such a big prize, my mom is.... i am 24 now lets say half and change of her and my father, but they busted tail day in and out to give me so many opportunities that most young adults dont get... and i really hate that i sound like i am bragging, but i actually mean that if i had entered this contest day in and out and did not win, i always wanted and wonder who did... and or why they deserve such a great prize...

chattwake 03-09-2013 3:59 AM

This has to be Troyd. It just has to be. The meandering sing song posts. The use of big words, but poor overall sentence structure. The perfect trolling opportunity to joke on a particular brand. It all screams troyd.

shawndoggy 05-10-2013 9:52 PM

Holy cow did they make you drink all that rock star to get the boat?

05-10-2013 11:03 PM

They've been using the boat for promotional events. I saw it out on the water last time I was in Havasu for this Swat event sponsored by rockstar.

MichGreatLakes 05-11-2013 12:55 AM

Just a huge thank you to Bakes Marine in issaquah washington for taking delivery of the boat and letting rockstar use their parking lot for my family to have a photo op before they sign it over! Also, thank you supra, it is an amazing piece of machinery!

saceone 05-11-2013 2:00 AM

I call shens

polarbill 05-11-2013 7:10 AM

The boat was definitely won by someone in the Seattle area. I was at Bakes when the delivery company pulled in with the boat.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71550325_n.jpg

Wakesounds 05-11-2013 5:51 PM

Brett's correct, it was at bakes near seattle Washington and from what I heard from a friend that works there, the winner wasn't even a boater. So Congrats Mich, hopefully we'll see u out on the lake!

Wakesounds 05-11-2013 9:10 PM

Mich, do you and your family live around the Seattle area?

you_da_man 05-12-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wakesounds (Post 1821736)
from what I heard from a friend that works there, the winner wasn't even a boater

Somebody make sure he knows where the brakes are on the boat. Sickest looking Supra I've ever seen.

Alleykat 05-12-2013 8:04 AM

I woulda swore that was an Enzo until I read back through the thread. Congrats . That's a big girl!

MichGreatLakes 05-12-2013 7:40 PM

yeah we weren't boaters due to finances, but we have lived on the great lakes our whole lives so we have spent plenty of time on boats and water, and yeah im the son but my mom won it and she lives here in seattle... thank you everyone btw!

downfortheride 05-12-2013 9:01 PM

What better way to get into boating... Mine was years of whoring around and finally got the funds to buy. CONGRATS!

polarbill 05-13-2013 7:36 AM

Yeah, congrats.

Where about in Michigan are you from. My fiance is from North of Detroit a couple hours on Lake Huron.

brucemac 05-13-2013 11:48 AM

ha ha, that's awesome, congrats!!!!

kamighazi 05-13-2013 11:58 AM

Mmm, ima need a re-count. i do not conced, but congrats either way.

boardman74 05-13-2013 2:53 PM

You said something about lack of finances so the account in me immediately thought, "guy knows about the luxury/gift prize tax, right?" I can tell you for sure Monster will be issuing your mother a 1099 come tax time. That 1099 will be for the MSRP for the boat and possibly more if they add the cost of the graphics and such. Depending on what she made other than the value of the boat(treated just like you made the cash) she's looking at around 38-40% in tax. So lets say the value is 80K, your looking at roughly 32K to the IRS come 4-15-14. Number one reason most people who win major non-cash prices end up selling them off is to pay the tax. Its a killer for most.

tyler97217 05-14-2013 7:32 AM

He posted about the $25K tax liability above....

boardman74 05-14-2013 10:56 AM

Yeah I see that now that you say it. Guess they are only valuing that at about 60K then?? What model boat is that? Still how many people have 25K in their savings account to pay the tax?

shawndoggy 05-14-2013 11:07 AM

that's when you drive the paid for boat down to the credit union and see whether they'll give you a $25k loan on it. You use the proceeds to pay the IRS and get a new boat for the payment you'd expect on a 15 year old boat. not too shabby.

boardman74 05-14-2013 1:09 PM

Thats exactly what I would do or just write them a check for it. But alot of people end up selling items like this, due to the tax implications. Its a sweet deal to only have to cover 40% of a sweet boat.

Just pointing out that thanks to the government a nice "prize" isn't free!!

MichGreatLakes 05-14-2013 1:54 PM

its roughly 30% and yeah it would be 95k if it was brand new, but lets say its pretty used with 80 hours on it and mostly competition hours and being used by riders that probably did not care how they treated it... so that being said they said on the 1099 the rockstar people and my mom will agree on some value, probably 60-70k i think... so say 15-25k in taxes and like i also said my father did move to seattle for work. Boeing, if anyone would like to know, is a booming business and my father can now afford to pay off the loan instead of taking the pety 10k cash and if it gets sold they will possibly triple their investment...but again thank you everyone cant wait to see you all out there!

p.s. i dont think it said anywhere which engine it had, its the 450hp indmar ls3 :)

Wakesounds 05-14-2013 2:23 PM

If you want someone to ride with or to help you out with setups send me a pm! Were out quite a bit on lake Washington, so either way we'll probably see you around.

MichGreatLakes 05-21-2013 12:22 AM

ha thanks ryan, we will put that in the maybe column but just in case you see us out on lake washington feel free to make the offer again, you never know... but also wanted to ask what kind of boards we should get (wake and surf) say 5'10-6' and 180-230 lbs?? quality but well priced too if you know what i mean... also wanted to thank you guys for being fairly civil on the page apart from the few naysayers and disbelievers but i was pretty upset reading supra's fb, the pic they posted of my mom dad and i on the boat and some of the comments from some of the haters out there were pretty damn rude... so thanks for everything everyone!

MattieK27 05-21-2013 7:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichGreatLakes (Post 1823461)
ha thanks ryan, we will put that in the maybe column but just in case you see us out on lake washington feel free to make the offer again, you never know... but also wanted to ask what kind of boards we should get (wake and surf) say 5'10-6' and 180-230 lbs?? quality but well priced too if you know what i mean... also wanted to thank you guys for being fairly civil on the page apart from the few naysayers and disbelievers but i was pretty upset reading supra's fb, the pic they posted of my mom dad and i on the boat and some of the comments from some of the haters out there were pretty damn rude... so thanks for everything everyone!

The guy offers to help out with riding and setups and you tell him maybe?

srock 05-21-2013 7:41 AM

Welcome the the world of boating now get out your wallet!

polarbill 05-21-2013 8:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichGreatLakes (Post 1823461)

Go talk to the guys at Bakes where you picked it up.

MichGreatLakes 05-21-2013 10:26 AM

i only said maybe because im not going to be with the boat but 1 week a year.... so if you see my parents at least, you can offer to help them out... and yeah im sure the guys did not like what they saw in us, but theres a difference between talking **** on your own time and calling my mom a fat bitch on facebook. oh well yeah im over it for now i guess, and yeah it is time to spend alot of money. also rockstar has not yet signed the boat over they keep giving my mom the run around on why it cant switch hands yet and its starting to get old quick, supra however has been calling every day to check in so big thanks to them

Wakesounds 05-21-2013 10:53 AM

Mich, sorry to hear about all the problems you've encountered from the forums. Some people have a natural tendancy to lash out and be jealous thinking they are more deserving than the winners. Try not to take it personal as I'm sure know one on these forums actually know your family directly.

As far as the boards go, have you every wakeboarded or surfed before? Like SROCK said, it can get pretty expensive especially if you wonder into a dealer and let them sell you whatever they want. If your not worried about price much then going into the showroom and talking to a salesperson can work well and they are typically pretty knowledgeable on boards. If your looking to go an inexpensive route and your a novice, I would reccomend buying used on craigslist untill you get the hang of the sport and figure out your riding style and preferences. For your size I'd reccomend maybe a 140-145cm wakeboard length.

MichGreatLakes 10-29-2013 5:02 PM

thanks for all the advice ryan, i just bought myself a new board, but wont be able to use it till may next year. sadly, however, it looks like the rockstar riders did not treat the boat too well in the few competitions that it was used. when it runs it is great but put on the bilge or engine blower and it dies in the water all fuses blow or something. sounds to me like they fried some wiring. needless to say none of the mechanics have been able to find the problem and my mom is pretty pissed at rockstar for the **** they pulled on this. now she has to pay taxes on a boat they said was valued at 60k+ and the boat wont run more than 4 hours without an issue so its really worth big goose egg. pretty ****ty of rockstar to advertise the boat as new knowing that it had been beat up in the few hours that it was run. maybe supra will step in and say something because that is their product out there dead in the water, doesn't look good for supra. any thoughts?

BenHolloway 10-29-2013 6:04 PM

Take it to the supra dealer, pay to have it fixed. You guys got a free boat, granted it does have problems but its still free. Maybe Supra will help but they sure arent obligated too and coming on here fishing for some sympathy or to stir up some **** against them sure wont help your case... Welcome to boat ownership and be thankful for what you got or GIVE it to someone else who would appreciate it. The only thing Rockstar gave me was heart issues :P

JetRanger 10-29-2013 6:09 PM

So... who won the Rockstar boat?

You should have tried winning a Mastercraft. Supra is still an ok boat. I'd say winning a Tige would also be losing...

wakesk8er2 10-29-2013 6:38 PM

Mich, call your supra dealer or post the issue without the drama in the boat forum.

It cracks me up at how blatantly upset people still are that they didn't win the boat. I'm pretty sure the kid appreciates the boat. Let him vent without telling him to give it to you.

dezul 10-29-2013 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichGreatLakes (Post 1851011)
thanks for all the advice ryan, i just bought myself a new board, but wont be able to use it till may next year. sadly, however, it looks like the rockstar riders did not treat the boat too well in the few competitions that it was used. when it runs it is great but put on the bilge or engine blower and it dies in the water all fuses blow or something. sounds to me like they fried some wiring. needless to say none of the mechanics have been able to find the problem and my mom is pretty pissed at rockstar for the **** they pulled on this. now she has to pay taxes on a boat they said was valued at 60k+ and the boat wont run more than 4 hours without an issue so its really worth big goose egg. pretty ****ty of rockstar to advertise the boat as new knowing that it had been beat up in the few hours that it was run. maybe supra will step in and say something because that is their product out there dead in the water, doesn't look good for supra. any thoughts?

This complaint is equivalent to winning the lottery and having the government take their % and then having family come out the woodworks asking for money. Stfu and enjoy your free boat. Sorry it is a burden. Donate it at the price of taxes and I am sure you will have tons of people want it. You fail at life....but then again you probably voted for Obama.

BenHolloway 10-29-2013 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakesk8er2 (Post 1851031)
Mich, call your supra dealer or post the issue without the drama in the boat forum.

It cracks me up at how blatantly upset people still are that they didn't win the boat. I'm pretty sure the kid appreciates the boat. Let him vent without telling him to give it to you.

Ha! I don't want the boat, one is enough to take care of :eek: Just saying a dealer is a far better place to start than wakeworld...

boardman74 10-29-2013 7:33 PM

My free boat has issues....I'm waiting for the punch line. I don't drink Rock star and didn't even know they were giving away a boat so i'm sure not mad i didn't win it. But to complain a free 60K boat needs some work is ridiculous. Fix it..thats my advice to you. Want another piece of good boat advice...if you don't like fixing them and maintaining them, SELL!

Here is the equivalent to what you are doing. I won the lottery, but they paid me in $20's and I wanted Hondo's. This is unsat. to me and I feel they should repay me in 100's while I slum it with the 20's waiting for the proper payment in 100's.

xstarrider 10-29-2013 7:37 PM

Free boat or not if I win something that didn't work upon arrival I sure as heck would be more than pissed.

dezul 10-29-2013 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstarrider (Post 1851044)
Free boat or not if I win something that didn't work upon arrival I sure as heck would be more than pissed.

That is cause you know the value of the boat and the name that backs it. If you recieved a used 60k boat for free would you be pissed if it needed a little work. I know I wouldnt. I would sell it and profit.

bobenglish 10-29-2013 8:52 PM

I have to agree with swat guy.

If someone gave me a 60K boat that needs work for free, I would be delighted. Because I knew I was getting a used boat that needed work for a great price.

But the contest was for a new boat. Price is irreverent with regard to expectations. Whether you buy it or win it, the product does not meet the description. It hurts less when a defective product is received for nearly free versus paying full price. But they did not advertise that there were giving away a used boat that might need some work.

padgett 10-29-2013 9:09 PM

Here's the thing, nothing is free in this world. They will have to pay taxes as mentioned before. So yeah , it's ok to complain when something breaks. Because in the end is not FREE like some May think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bass10after 10-29-2013 10:59 PM

in my opinion if you're going to hold a promotion of this caliber and get everyone excited to be a part of it and buying your products you'd better deliver on the prize. The promotion wasn't "win this flawed boat that needs work" it was "win this brand new rockstar edition supra" Free or not i see no reason why anyone wouldn't expect the boat to run and function as its supposed to. If it was me i'd try and get the issues resloved and then sell the damn thing to lose the tax payment and buy something outright. Its already lost its luster to you at this point anyway.

cassidyb 10-30-2013 1:24 AM

you all keep saying the boat is "free", its not free. they have to pay income tax on the value of the boat. thats a lot of money and its crap to have to pay tax on a boat valued in new condition when it clearly is not.

dezul 10-30-2013 3:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassidyb (Post 1851073)
you all keep saying the boat is "free", its not free. they have to pay income tax on the value of the boat. thats a lot of money and its crap to have to pay tax on a boat valued in new condition when it clearly is not.

Welcome to America. Want to make this into a political thread?

brichter14 10-30-2013 6:25 AM

Ill chime in. In the constitution it is expressly stated that congress has the power to tax to "promote the general welfare and provide for the common defense" this gives them to tax us on anything they choose as long as it doesnt defy the constitution ( religions, voting, ect. ) so if we win something, they can tax us on it.

Now does that make it right? I dont think so. But there are ways around it. Like you can gift a spouse an amount of upwards of 60,000$. I honestly think that gift taxes are stealing. John Locke in his book Common Sense states that humans have explicit rights to life,liberty, and property. Our declaration and constitution steal ideas dierctly out of his book and taxing a gift is clearly taking property.

boardman74 10-30-2013 6:42 AM

Oh now we are going to start in with the "I had to pay tax on my free boat???" Come on. Thats another discussion for a political forum. If your in the right income bracket you will get most of it back anyway. You know that right? Anyway...

If this boat was advertised as "New" then why doesn't it have warranty? Like I said i don't drink Rockstar and never saw anything about the contest till this thread. But to me the first thing that comes to mind if they advertised this boat as new, then it should have warranty. Supra boats most certainly come with a warranty. I am betting that the young man's mother did indeed sign a document that said the boat has no warranty and that it is also as is where is. If team riders used this of course it got used hard. With the electrical issues you talk about the boat being wet comes to mind. Seriously wet.

So my advice again...Fix it and sell it. Do like Detox says: pay the tax and buy something outright that works for you.

As a final year CPA student specializing in tax the prize taxation makes me laugh. What do you mean I have to pay tax on my free prize. I have a friend who refuses to go back to a casino he always wins at because they gave him a 1099 and now he has to pay tax on some of his winnings. He is still winning FREE MONEY...duh!!! Lets use your boat as an example. Its worth 60K. You pay 25%(or so) luxury/ prize/ gift tax on it. I don't know your marginal rate so lets just guestimate. So thats 15K. So at the end of the day you have $45000 you never worked a minute for and get free and clear!!! I think any of us would take that. So yes you pay some tax, but you also have a large chunk that YOU WON!!! To steal a catch phrase....Come on, Man!!!

Fix it and sell it!!! Heck sell it broke for less. Someone is going to come buy it. Throw it on OIB for 20% less than comparable boats and I bet it will sell in kless than a week. Then your problem is gone, with full disclosure!!

durty_curt 10-30-2013 6:42 AM

I'm a little confused but... isn't this new or somewhat new boat still covered under warranty for issues and defects like this?

machloosy 10-30-2013 7:14 AM

While a new dealer boat would indeed carry a warranty, this is a fine print deal. Look in any major give-away that involves a car, boat, truck, motorcycle, and you will find that a lot of the extra's you get with a factory vehicle (i.e. a warranty) are null and void. Most likely that is the case here. It sounds like the boat has been used for "promotional purposes" which again can be found in the fine print.

Regardless of all that, it is a seriously cool boat and this guy got it for FREE! Even if there are taxes involved, the boat can be sold for a pretty sizeable profit that leaves anywhere from 60-80K in the winners pocket which is plenty to pay the taxes and have a pretty good size chunk of money in the bank. That left over money is FREE, even if you had to invest time and effort to get it turned into cash, it is still something you won rather than worked for.

tyler97217 10-30-2013 7:21 AM

Oh boy..... How about we end this now and I will buy your problem boat off of you and re-reimburse you for your taxes? Drop me a PM. I am interested

Who have you taken the boat to that can't figure out the issue? You said none of the mechanics have been able to fix it... Who are these mechanics? Supra dealer? These do not sound like major issues. Short or wiring issue..... Part of boat ownership is dealing with things that come up with your boat. Just like owning an RV. If I got a free one, I would be happy to deal with those. ha ha.... First of all, take it to a Supra dealer and have them take a look.. I am also sure that their contract says they can use the boat for promotional purposes, so I would definitely not expect it to be a new boat off the showroom floor.
Again, if you want to sell that bad boy, I will reimburse your mom for her taxes and buy it from you.... I am that confident you probably have a very minor issue. Good luck to you on your awesome free boat!!!

boardman74 10-30-2013 11:53 AM

The boat was won this year...hence no tax has even been paid on it as 2013 income taxes haven't been filed yet. Unless they had the foresight to make prepayments(doubtful). I bet they don't even have the 1099 for it yet as those aren't due till the end of January.

So more than likely to this point, minus gas, the boat has been 100% free. Unless they run their family budget on the accrual basis of accounting and have an income tax payable set up for it!!

So sell it before April 15th, and you will have the money to pay the tax and probably 35-45K left over to buy the boat of your choice. I'm sure that boat will never require maintenance or repair.

spencerwm 10-30-2013 12:54 PM

Cut your losses and sell it to Diggs. Summer is over and you most definitely don't want to poor money into it this spring.

tyler97217 10-30-2013 2:03 PM

Yeah what spencer said!!!!

MichGreatLakes 10-30-2013 5:13 PM

well this blew up a lil more than i thought but i have to say big thanks to supra, they apparently were informed of my post and got ahold of my mother and fortunately the boat is still under warranty so all is well. Thanks again supra!

boardman74 10-30-2013 5:27 PM

So you didn't even bother to inquire if there was warranty or not before you accused Monster and Supra of giving you a junk boat thats worth nothing that now your mom has to pay tax on?? Unreal!

dezul 10-30-2013 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1851201)
So you didn't even bother to inquire if there was warranty or not before you accused Monster and Supra of giving you a junk boat thats worth nothing that now your mom has to pay tax on?? Unreal!

My thoughts exactly. He doesnt deserve that boat. Sell it and go buy a motorcycle.

MichGreatLakes 10-30-2013 5:59 PM

oh right contact supra, we hadn't tried that yet at all.... and when this boat was given over it still had all of the original documentation for it. oh wait no it didn't it didn't even have a title until my mom signed for it. this boat wasn't exactly purchased from a dealership. but yeah condescension noted. and i never badmouthed supra, i just simply said it doesn't look good having their boat dead out in the water. well all is well now.