WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2007 Malibu Wakesetter VLX or 2008 Centurion Avalanche C4 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801065)

selshahsamand 02-04-2014 4:45 PM

2007 Malibu Wakesetter VLX or 2008 Centurion Avalanche C4

Hey Folks needed some help. I am looking at two boats around the same price and hours. Both seem to be in great condition. I am going to use this boat for mainly recreational use. Some wakeboarding, learning to surf and tubing for the family. Which boat is a better option? Which one will hold a better value? there both around the same size and features from what I can see. Thanks for the help in advance!

-Sal

retoxtony 02-04-2014 8:48 PM

The malibu will have a better wakeboard wake, a nicer interior with a little nicer vinyl, and hold its value better. The avalanche will have a far better surf wave and handle choppy water way better. If theyre the same price and the same options i would lean to the Malibu. The VLX is just higher end boat in my opinion.

selshahsamand 02-04-2014 9:53 PM

Thanks Tony. Thats the push I needed!!

phathom 02-05-2014 12:55 AM

I concur with Tony. The Avalanche should have a better surf wave. I would lean towards that, but then again I'm surf biased.

tn_rider 02-05-2014 6:22 AM

VLX all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boardman74 02-05-2014 10:18 AM

I agree with above. The VLX is as more desirable model and will hold value better.

tampawake 02-05-2014 10:58 AM

Have to agree with boardman. While centurion makes great boats that produce a great wake when it comes time to sell a Malibu is going to sell quicker. Right wrong or indifferent its the way it is. Either way your gonna be happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1863722)
I agree with above. The VLX is as more desirable model and will hold value better.

beleza 02-05-2014 11:13 AM

For me this would be an easy decision. VLX.
Better wake IMO
Value will hold much better on the VLX
Overall look of the VLX is sooooo much better to me

I'm not saying the C4 is a bad boat because it's not. It does a lot of things very well, but if it were my money I would go VLX

Good luck

polarbill 02-05-2014 11:28 AM

I agree with the others for the most part. The VLX is going to throw the better wakeboard wake(although not sure how much it matter to a beginner and the Avalanche doesn't need much weight to throw a pretty good wakeboard wake) and is a "nicer/more luxurious" boat. The Avy will surf far better and will ride in rough water much better. As for the holding value/resale value I think it is hogwash, 100% complete and total hogwash. Absolutely, 100%, don't make your decision on which one you think will hold it's value better.

It would be a tough decision for me and would probably come down to which one was cleaner, lower hours, optioned better and which one I liked the looks(color scheme) better. Actually the most important thing for me would be which one I thought I was getting for a better "deal".

selshahsamand 02-05-2014 11:28 AM

Thanks for all the input that's exactly what I was looking to hear!

h20king 02-05-2014 11:38 AM

I do not agree .i just sold my centurion that i bought new in 08 sale price was 13k more than i paid for it

polarbill 02-05-2014 11:46 AM

Harold, that is awesome but again has little to do with a boat having good resale. It 99.9% has to do with you buying your boat after ish hit the fan and you could buy boats for 50 cents on the dollar. In 08 I think a wakeworld member bought a 2003/2004 Supra 22SSV that was loaded and with good colors for like 17k or some crap like that. The boat is worth 30k right now, 5 or 6 years later. Just like your boat.

spencerwm 02-05-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20king (Post 1863736)
I do not agree .i just sold my centurion that i bought new in 08 sale price was 13k more than i paid for it

HAHA. Not everyone keeps their boat as nice as you did, Harold. I went by NW Boat Sports and checked it out last week. The ballast upgrades, new carpet and switch blade for sure increased the resale. Pictures of his boat can be seen here. http://www.nwboatsports.com/#!invent...c2=2008_falcon

As for the boat I would have to agree with everyone about the VLX. I love mine as a true recreational machine.

I was never able to get very good, clean wakeboard wake from the C4 platform boats. It was always washed out on one side which didn't really affect the actual wake but since I am a horrible wakeboarder and marginal wakeskater it messed with my mind.

On the flip side, if you are only going to surf it is probably one of the best bangs for the buck out there. I would have no problem spending money on a 2008 Centurion Avy if we were just sole surfing.

h20king 02-05-2014 11:59 AM

Spencer do you guys have measurements for custom sacks for the new 226 yet ??

spencerwm 02-05-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20king (Post 1863742)
Spencer do you guys have measurements for custom sacks for the new 226 yet ??

Not for the latest gen and all 226 sacs we have done are different sizes. I can run down and get something drawn up for you. Email us with the specs you want and I will make it happen. sales@wakemakers.com

tonyv420 02-05-2014 12:41 PM

If your pulling tubes, buy the Malibu. It put out a better tube wake by far!!

spencerwm 02-05-2014 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyv420 (Post 1863748)
If your pulling tubes, buy the Malibu. It put out a better tube wake by far!!

All day long. It's a real tube city here in the NW.