WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sacto, CA Scene Die? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793642)

rodltg2 05-30-2012 2:53 PM

Sacto, CA Scene Die?

I haven't been involved in Wakeboarding in some time , I more of an avid slalom course skier. This year I have noticed a huge lack of Sacramento boarders out on the lake/ river and on the forums. This weekend I hardly saw any boats out, Elkhorn launch was empty. I havent heard much of any events in the area, and no one seems to care about the new cable park coming soon. Is Sacto scene dead? Everyone loose their boats to the bank? Get too old ? Hurt themsleves?

logan 05-30-2012 3:22 PM

what cable park? i ride near sacto, in Valley Springs on Hogan and I ride Melones a lot, too. A lot of people are migrating to the delta I think. If I could get off work early enough to get to the Delta I'd be all over that scene, too.

migs 05-30-2012 3:49 PM

gas at 4.50 did it for many i suppose.

kybool 05-30-2012 5:08 PM

I think they were all up in Truckee/ Tahoe area on Monday. I will make sure they are aware they are missed and will send them on home.

wakeviolater 05-31-2012 11:55 AM

yo Rod! i am still riding a ton! mainly at Garcia bend and most recently at a private lake in Wilton that we have put some big rail in (including a 80' rainbow).

it will be nice when the cables are up and running.

rmotoxxx711 05-31-2012 12:15 PM

I second what mr Wake Violator said. We are def still shredding and searching. Which cable did you hear about Rod? And what do you know on it? Always open to new info..

And another theory of mine is a lot of the yahoos have realized its and expensive scene and have ditched out once they realized there year or two old boat now needs that thing called "maintenance". I know about 5 guys that have boats that rarely run or have ditched em

ryanw209 05-31-2012 1:00 PM

Rod- There are plenty of wallies on Folsom and the delta. Lets keep them there and not draw them out to the river also, since the water on the river is so cold and current makes it so hard to wakeboard everyone should avoid it at all costs ;)

logan 05-31-2012 1:48 PM

I really want to check out the river scene and this 80 ft rail on a private lake. The scene on Hogan is almost non existent. Just a bunch of tubers and folks who buy wakeboard boats so they have a tower to put speakers on to tie up in the middle of the cove I ride in...

wakeviolater 06-01-2012 9:33 AM

I agree Ryan, the river has been treacherous. Just the other day a boat hit a MASSIVE tree that was just under the surface and all the people got ejected, then a sea lion came up and tore the head off one of the little girls that got ejected. There was also a whirlpool that sucked 3 waverunners under at the same time. Very, very dangerous place. I would just take my boat to folsom, camp far, or some other SAFE lake.

rodltg2 06-01-2012 9:47 AM

Holy Crap, and I was telling my buddy how much of a wuss he is for wanting to hit up the river!

bschall 06-01-2012 11:59 AM

https://www.facebook.com/norcalint.league

blastmaster 06-01-2012 4:02 PM

Rod:
Good question as I have been feeling like the area lost some of it stoke for the sport too. I miss the Wet Wednesdays, video premiers, and other close events we had in the area a few years back. I am in need of some new crew now that my son left for the Navy.It seems like a lot of long time WW's have no interest anymore. Getting my obat out this weekend for the first time and will be @ Garcia Bend soon after...
Rick

dakid 06-01-2012 5:15 PM

hogan sucks for wake...unless it's the winter. then it's too cold.

logan 06-01-2012 6:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid (Post 1756573)
hogan sucks for wake...unless it's the winter. then it's too cold.

ya i guess if you don't know where to go then it really sucks. There are actually some really good riding spots on hogan if you know the lake. I've been riding there for 10+ years so I have the place dialed. I can get great water there, better then I get at Melones.

dakid 06-01-2012 9:26 PM

i did know...and it sucked.

sorry, i know it's your home lake and all, and people are pretty protective when it comes to their home lake. but fact of the matter is, no matter where you go on that lake during the season, it sucks. but then again, i learned to ride at the delta so my conditions standards are pretty high.

logan 06-01-2012 10:20 PM

Um not being protective of the place, don't care what people think of it. But you're saying some stupid stuff, I've ridden the delta plenty of times and its hands down the best place to ride probably in the world, but I get plenty good water on Hogan, enough to justify staying there and not getting a layer of muck all over the boat and tetanus to boot.

dakid 06-02-2012 12:11 AM

wow. i'm saying stupid stuff 'cause they're not in line w/ your opinion? how's that for stupid stuff?

well, in MY experience, hogan sucks. and in all the years we've ridden the delta, we've never gotten sick from the water nor have we gotten a layer of muck on anything. but hey, if you want to discourage people from going to the delta and encouraging them to go to bad ass hogan, be my guest!

logan 06-02-2012 10:17 AM

You are so core. I hope one day I can be as core as you and go to lost isle on the reg.

dakid 06-02-2012 10:20 AM

wow. high school must be out.

sorry for hijackin' your thread, rod.

wakerpunk 06-02-2012 10:28 AM

Joe you are the one hating. Logan is stating that he can find decent water on his home lake and you have to bash him for that??? Your going to sit here and claim that you can't ever find good water on a lake that you never go to?!?! Classic cool dude attitude!!! You are the epitome of a core west sider rider who knows everything. nice job!

wakerpunk 06-02-2012 10:31 AM

I'm guessing tech tricks suck too? Dude do a slow floaty backside 180 into the flats....dont forget to tweak your grab!!! maybe even wrap up so that way you can hold it longer. i hate anything more tech than a 360 too.

dakid 06-02-2012 10:36 AM

yeah, i was hating...i was hating on hogan. what's wrong w/ that? sheesh.

wakerpunk 06-02-2012 10:45 AM

Nothing I guess, just seems kinda lame. Shouldn't we be happy the kid has a place to ride period? A lot of people are too high on their horse in this sport for no reason.... If he has fun at his home lake then that all that matters. No one is forcing you to ride there or anywhere for that matter.

ferral 06-03-2012 4:20 PM

Damn,you'd think it was still Feb the way people are flaming on here. What is going on this Spring, isn't anybody going out riding?

Back on topic, I for one left the state this year, so that's one less boat on the Sac river. Definietly missign the old spots.

logan 06-03-2012 10:16 PM

Rode hogan all day and had great water but nowhere to park the truck because the lake was packed. My spot was still great. BUT, I didn't save any money on car insurance.

electricsnow 06-04-2012 2:00 AM

the only thing that would make this thread more hateful and complete, is if joe would just start hating on solbounds, which are only the best bindings EVER.

God, joe!

richnnorcal 06-04-2012 9:30 PM

Sounds like Joe is up to his same old tricks, lets stir the pot! :D That's one of the reasons why I don't post here anymore. This board definitely has more hate then I ever recall, everything from the Lon thread to Bawhahah including this one! Wow times have changed... Lou hope you're having a good time in Minnesota! Drop me a line sometime... out...

hillbilly 06-04-2012 10:35 PM

Sac scene has slowed....but not dead.
I know becoming a parent slowed my h2o time down a bunch, but still can get out.

Lou get your azz back to Cali SUCKA!!!!!!!

dDubya 06-05-2012 9:38 AM

We ride Camp Far West 2 or 3 times a week till it dries up. Can't beat the flat warm water. Heading out there Friday.

steezyshots 06-05-2012 1:52 PM

Morning sets at Folsom on the regs

ryanw209 06-06-2012 9:08 PM

Logan- I'd be really curious to know where your secret spot is on Hogan. I used to go there as a kid with my parents but I haven't been back in probably 15 years. On Sunday I decided re-live my childhood and take a break from wakeboarding to take my family out for a boat day on hogan so my sisters kids(ages 2, 5 and 7) could get some time on the water and it was HORRID! Obviously I don't know the lake that well but with all the shennanagans that were going on from so many wallies being on one small lake it was comical. I wish I had my camera on me. Needless to say I wont be going back unless I have to so that will be one less boat on your home ride spot. If you want to check out the river scene hit me up and I'll give you a pull. I'll warn you though, you'll never want to go back.

The river is a better spot than the delta. I know this is a bold statement but I'll stand by it 100%. I rode butter the other day in 20mph winds.

Gnargnar 08-30-2012 9:21 PM

So what's the deal sac, just watched that northwest wake vid....that needs to happen...but where

Fiveflat 08-30-2012 9:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeviolater (Post 1756048)
most recently at a private lake in Wilton that we have put some big rail in (including a 80' rainbow).

If it's the lake I'm thinking of (not many in Wilton) I live just around the corner. Would love to get out on that lake.

ryanw209 08-30-2012 10:49 PM

Maybe we should setup a Norcal meet and greet trip/day. Maybe at folsom or a weekend camping trip to Don P?

Gnargnar 08-31-2012 2:47 PM

Don p?

blastmaster 08-31-2012 3:39 PM

I would be down. someone set it up for somewhere...
Rick

hillbilly 08-31-2012 4:15 PM

Don P= Don Pedro
you thinking NorCal or Sac area ppl.

Don P is a bit of a haul....Any lake you'll get iffy conditions.
But some may dislike the river....

Elkhorn has decent h2o..a place to bbq or hit Swabbies...and is close to me!!!

bschall 08-31-2012 6:20 PM

We ride on the river on the reg. My buddy owns the Blue and White B-52.

Gnargnar 09-01-2012 2:24 PM

Day meet on the river I say, with the wind yesterday it was superchop til we got up to powerline then it was rideable

hillbilly 09-01-2012 7:29 PM

Powerline? Is that a road or marker on the river?

Anytime the wind blows out of the south its hard to find good water.

I was at rio ramaza marina or something like that for a reggae festival last night....Its just below Verona. They have a campground there and a launch. River was good and the wind was blowing pretty good!!

Gnargnar 09-01-2012 9:00 PM

Powerline is a road off garden hwy or bayou, down river like a mile from swab

cougarfan83 09-01-2012 9:14 PM

It's not dead for my crew. 4 of us just finished up a week at The Boarding School in Orlando. We have the fire and will continue to ride until it is too cold. We spent some time in Orlando talking to Pat is helping to set up the cable park in Pleasant Grove and we are stoked on it! After checking out OWC, we can't wait!

hillbilly 09-01-2012 9:20 PM

Oh right in the "S" turn section.....I ride that area quit a bit when I meet up with Sac ppl.

Whats too cold? 4/3 wetsuit or drysuit and your all good....lol