WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   HELP!!! Need a Pro Flight Chubby tower STAT! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798092)

samsonite 05-14-2013 5:50 AM

HELP!!! Need a Pro Flight Chubby tower STAT!

Long story extremely short... I need a new Pro Flight Chubby tower. The kicker is that I need it by next Friday. :banghead:

We rented a house on a lake in Texas for Memorial Day weekend and I will be disappointing 10+ people if I don't have a working tower on my 2006 Sanger V215.

I realize that this is a shot in the dark, but I figured it was a shot that I had to at least attempt.

I really only need the upper part of the tower because the base is still good to go. The original tower was black, but any color will work at this point and I'll just have it powder-coated at a later date.

If anyone knows a place to get one quickly, I will be forever indebted to you.

Kemikal 05-14-2013 5:53 AM

I'll sell you my proflight G Force tower.

lifetimewarranty 05-14-2013 8:05 AM

I assume you've called Sanger or proflight?:o

bass10after 05-14-2013 8:52 AM

call pro flight, they have a bunch of old stock on hand and i'm sure they have one that would fit.

samsonite 05-14-2013 10:28 AM

I have called both Sanger and Pro Flight and neither one has this tower in stock for my boat.

Tim with Pro Flight is trying to see if he can get one made for me, but they typically take at least a week and a half to fabricate and I probably couldn't get it installed in time.

bcrider 05-14-2013 10:39 AM

There's this one near me but I don't think it will work for you.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...769246262.html

Preston 05-14-2013 11:11 AM

Did you lose the upper tower? Or just damage it? If you damaged it, I bet you could find someone to fix it enough to get you on the water until you get a replacement. Fill us in on what happened.

jetskiprosx 05-14-2013 6:03 PM

No tower is a bummer, but it doesn't ruin a day on the water. You can still ride from the ski pylon or rear tow hook. Not as cool looking and you'll be without tower speakers and racks, but you can still get out and ride :) Good luck in your search for a tower!

samsonite 05-15-2013 8:34 AM

I just damaged it. I've heard that it's not a good idea to try and fix it because I will never know if the integrity of the entire tower was compromised or if there are stress fractures that aren't visible to the naked eye... but you're right, it would be better than nothing and could at least get me through this weekend.

Either way, we're riding for sure. I will just be with a lot of rookies, so it would be nice to have a higher anchor point to help them get up.

wakebrdjay 05-15-2013 8:51 AM

Here's a link that you can have your rookies look at before you go,it has helped every rookie that has had trouble getting up behind my boat.The animated really helps people visualize what they're supposed to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9qWJu0Vrpw

bftskir 05-15-2013 10:32 AM

unless you ripped it off the boat and completely distorted it, it's most likely repairable. if any cracks show up later -they are repairable too.

if it can get get you by for the weekend it's repairable.

samsonite 05-16-2013 10:51 AM

I'm trying to get it repaired/replaced but I'm having no luck. Every shop I've talked to is either too busy, has too long of a lead time, or doesn't want the liability.

Frankly, I'm having trouble getting anyone to help me out, which is pretty disappointing considering it's a great opportunity for a company to pull me out of a bind and earn a customer for life. I understand this is the busiest time of the year for the boating industry, but I'm in the Oil and Gas business myself and it's ALWAYS the busiest time of the year, yet we still find ways to bend over backwards and help our customers in emergency situations.

Lesson learned I guess.

lifetimewarranty 05-16-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsonite (Post 1822344)
I just damaged it.

Not sure what this means...Pics? Perhaps someone would be able to steer you toward a possible fix....

What about one of those generic wakeboard pylons (or an extension from your ski pylon)?

samsonite 05-16-2013 1:18 PM

I have pics but they're on my phone. Basically, there was a low hanging tree in a bad spot. There was a branch of the tree that was at a funny angle and it looked like we had it cleared, but it caught the top corner of the tower and popped the welds in the corner and broke the horizontal support tubes completely off on that side. I'm really amazed at how much damage was done, considering we were barely crawling through this parking lot... It was a pretty thick oak branch though and must've caught it at exactly the wrong spot.

I normally tow with the tower down for that very reason, but we had just gotten out of the water and I hadn't laid the tower down yet. Definitely a boneheaded FML moment that I'd like to have back.

migs 05-16-2013 1:46 PM

Just wait to see if Sanger or Proflight can provide you with one by then. If not- who cares? The boat is running - so pull from the Pylon - no biggie at all.
Youre on a boat, at the lake = Thats ALL THAT MATTERS.

polarbill 05-16-2013 5:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsonite (Post 1822627)
I'm trying to get it repaired/replaced but I'm having no luck. Every shop I've talked to is either too busy, has too long of a lead time, or doesn't want the liability.

Frankly, I'm having trouble getting anyone to help me out, which is pretty disappointing considering it's a great opportunity for a company to pull me out of a bind and earn a customer for life. I understand this is the busiest time of the year for the boating industry, but I'm in the Oil and Gas business myself and it's ALWAYS the busiest time of the year, yet we still find ways to bend over backwards and help our customers in emergency situations.

Lesson learned I guess.

It might be a great time to help you out but this time of year is the busiest time of the year for boat dealers/repair shops. I wouldn't be surprised if they are booked out 2 plus weeks for any service. Unfortunately you just might have to suck it up and deal with not having a tower for the trip.

greg2 05-16-2013 5:55 PM

Did you check with a welding shop vs a boat dealer to repair the tower?

samsonite 05-16-2013 6:13 PM

Migs nailed it... As long as we're out on the boat having a good time, that's really all that matters. Appreciate it Migs... Gotta keep it in perspective!

I've checked with welding shops mainly, and a tower manufacturer in San Antonio but all were too backed up.

Sanger doesn't have one.

Tim with ProFlight is gonna try to make it happen for me and has been helpful so far, so we'll see if he can come through. I'm also checking with a local marine shop to possibly install a Samson Blade tower if he can get it quicker than ProFlight. I'd like to stick with the original but we'll see.

samsonite 05-20-2013 7:59 PM

Update: Not lookin' good.

Just didn't have enough time for anyone to pull through for me. It's definitely a bummer, but we'll still be on the water this weekend doing what we can.

If anyone is out on Lake Dunlap this weekend, keep an eye out for the Sanger with no tower!