WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Rev 10s/420sq (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798093)

Dmac420sj 05-14-2013 8:16 AM

Rev 10s/420sq

So I got my system installed and have been playing with the settings just wondering what's the best quality and loud settings?(David earmark?)got a syn 4 bridged for the revs and a 420sq ,what s the best as far as bass,mid bass etc. how high is the tower zone set how high for the main volume at riding speed and how high on the gain etc. thanks for any info. I got it sounding pretty good but if I can use some experienced advice to get better right in!!

Dmac420sj 05-14-2013 8:17 AM

^^right on!

pprior 05-14-2013 10:44 AM

the 420 has an instruction manual that explains how to set gains, if you don't have an oscilloscope or another distortion measuring device (I have a SMD Distortion Detector DD-1) you do it by ear.

Bass and midbass, etc is purely personal preference, what you want to make sure is you're not overdriving amps into distortion/clipping which is what the above is designed to set.

matt75 05-14-2013 1:20 PM

If Earmark did the install, they should have already setup (tuned) the system so you won't have distortion.

pprior 05-14-2013 2:48 PM

Given the phrasing, I assumed he installed it himself.

Dmac420sj 05-14-2013 3:19 PM

Ya I installed it myself. And the directions were ok to get it going but it rakes time to get everything dialed in and I'm trying to get it sounding loud and clear at rope length sooner then later so I was asking cuz I know a lot of people have the set up for some time now and could offer advice to getting it dialed in quicker like settings on there volumes and highs and what not. I'm not a audio file biur am learning fast lol

bryce2320 05-14-2013 3:28 PM

Im kind of in the same boat, Chris. It's hard for me to tune my amps because the xs-650s and the rev10s get so damn loud, that I think they are going to start to distort, but they just never do. I've been wanting to get a SMD-DD1 to see how much more potential my amps have. Right now I run my HU at 28 max, even though the HU will go to 33. I turn the bass knob to the inboats down some to about 10 or 11 oclock. I turn the bass and mid bass on my ws420 to the tower to about 2 oclock. I have the amps set to where I keep the HU at 28, and can run full throttle on the inboat/tower knob on the 420. I normally dont turn the 420 up past 3/4 tho, just because. Soon I will eathier track down a SMD-DD1, or break down and buy one to see if Im missing any potential from my system. I think tuning the highs and mid bass etc is personal preference, and dependent on what music you listen too. Im interested to see how others run there amps and ws420 too.

Dmac420sj 05-14-2013 3:35 PM

Sounds like your in the area as me on your settings. I don't know how the revs handle the highs and MiDs right now I have them at 12 and bass and mid bass at 2 o clock some times I hear a bit of distortion but usally it's the song they get so freaking loud I think they will blow up but I'm starting to learn that's what they are for

Tommy1005 05-16-2013 6:53 PM

The way I set my amps for coax or tower speakers is to get a 150Hz test tune and set the head unit to 3/4 volume and 420 volume all the way up. Then turn the gain up until the tone is no longer at 150Hz and back it back down a couple notches under where that sound change occurs.

Much cheaper than the oscilloscope or dd1 options and will put you in the same ballpark the oscilloscope would. As far as settings on the 420, thats a personal preference thing, everybody has different thoughts on what sounds good.