WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WakeWorld Auctions For Brad, Matt and TFT - LIVE NOW!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803677)

wakeworld 11-14-2014 6:03 PM

WakeWorld Auctions For Brad, Matt and TFT - LIVE NOW!!

It's that time of the year! Are you ready for some deals on wake gear?? We are gathering wake goodies for our 10th Annual WakeWorld Charity Auctions. We've raised over $67,000 in past years and we're looking to add to that total with your help. Last year alone we were able to donate over $10,000 worth of toys and cash to Toys for Tots (http://tinyurl.com/k3sqgl8).

Normally, we donate all profits from our annual fundraiser to the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. However, this year the wakesports community has incurred some serious tragedies to two riders; Brad Smeele (paralysis) and Matt Manzari (electrocution/burns). Therefore, we’re going to split the profits from this year’s fundraiser three ways with a third each going to Brad and Matt’s recovery funds and a third going to our standing commitment to Toys for Tots.

WakeWorld will again be running online auctions of donated items from companies and individuals in order to generate money to donate towards these causes. 100% Of the profits from these auctions will be split evenly between the Brad Smeele Foundation, Matt Manzari’s Recover Fund and Toys for Tots.

We need you to get the word out to your favorite wake shops and wake companies so that they'll donate some goodies to the cause. If you or your company are interested in donating something, hit me up at gobig@wakeworld.com.

Auctions will run for a week starting on Tuesday, 12/2. Be sure to get your bid in to help a great cause and get a great deal at the same time.

Before I even announced it, we had some regular donors chime in with commitments!! As the donations come in, we will list them here.

Thanks for your help!!

bspot5 11-14-2014 8:28 PM

Hope you let Canadians bid this year!

durty_curt 11-15-2014 2:17 AM

Whenever I think of upgrading my bindings, I tell myself to wait for this time of year! Come on... O'Brien!

wakeworld 11-24-2014 11:14 PM

Uh, yeah... Jobe just dropped over 30 boards and bindings on us for the auction. I'd call that generous, but that would kind of be understating it. This is pretty freakin' incredible!!

wakeworld 12-01-2014 2:36 PM

Ok, you can click here to preview the auctions that will start tomorrow!! There will be over 75 items up for sale, so make sure you bid early and often!!

wakeworld 12-01-2014 2:37 PM

Thanks to all the great sponsors that made this possible. Please support the companies that are supporting this great cause!

Agenda Surf
Austin Hair
Axis Wake Research
Boardstop/Wakeskating.com
Bradlee Rutledge Photography
Cire
CWB Board Co.
Delkin
Fresh Air Exhaust
Freedom Wake Park
Full Blown Motorsports
Humanoid
Jobe
LearnWake.com
Malibu Boats
Mile High Wakeboarding
Monster Tower
Nautique
O'Brien
CTI
SeaDek
SheShreds
Slingshot
Taylor McCullough
The Book
Trevor Hansen
Wake Worx
Wake Makers

durty_curt 12-01-2014 8:38 PM

Hooray!!

chillinoj 12-02-2014 8:14 AM

Wow thats a great list of awesome companies!

durty_curt 12-02-2014 9:31 AM

Today's the day! When does the bidding start?

carcrz 12-02-2014 11:04 AM

Looks like the auctions have started on eBay now 👍😃

jillyjam 12-02-2014 11:21 AM

WOW! 10 years of donations - Way to go boyz!!

wakeworld 12-03-2014 6:25 PM

94 Auctions are officially live and will run until next Tuesday. Get on and bid like crazy. Also, please spread the word via social media!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...ts.html?page=2

bcrider 12-04-2014 10:41 AM

Dave, can you confirm that us Canadians can par take as well!?

wakeworld 12-04-2014 11:15 AM

Unfortunately, you cannot. :( The only auctions you can participate in are the ones that require no shipping, which are the gift certificates to Malibu, Axis and Cire. I know it sucks, but here's why....

We go to as many people in the industry as we can to get donations. In almost all cases, those people or companies volunteer to ship the product on their dime as long as it's within the U.S. As soon as you start shipping internationally, things get complicated quick. I have to ask the donor to package, measure and weigh the product before the auctions start. I have to ask them to fill out additional paperwork as part of the shipping process. I have to ask them to front money out of their own pocket to ship until I can pay them back. We end up with discrepancies on what Ebay calculates as shipping versus what the actual shipping cost is. Once we go down that road, I'm almost guaranteed to lose that donor for the next year.

Our primary goal is to raise as much money as we can for charity and keeping donors involved year after year is a major part of doing that. I believe this is the best way to accomplish our goal.

bcrider 12-04-2014 11:50 AM

I understand. Sucks but I understand.

On the other hand I am one of the very few that live 2 minutes from the boarder and am able to have items shipped to a shipping house in the US. I just have to go across and pick them up. Do it all the time because as you mentioned international shipping is ridiculous and a lot of times the US ships free. So if this made a difference I could participate?

boardjnky4 12-04-2014 12:21 PM

Malibu/Axis links aren't working for me.

wakeworld 12-04-2014 12:51 PM

Malibu and Axis start at 1:02 and 1:04 PT. About 10 minutes from now.

wakeworld 12-04-2014 12:53 PM

I'm not sure how it works with Ebay, but I'm guessing if you have a U.S. shipping address, you should be able to include that in your account and bid.

wakeworld 12-09-2014 8:09 AM

First auctions end in two hours. Make sure you don't miss out!!