WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Varial Flip - Dom's MyWake Video (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803106)

petrie141 08-22-2014 7:33 AM

Varial Flip - Dom's MyWake Video

The entire video is great, but the v-flip happens at 1:51

By the way, the board he's using cost $350 when it's not on sale... This is living proof that skill is most of the equation.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z-1Cnt5MM00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wakemitch 08-22-2014 7:58 AM

That was awesome! Wakesurfing is getting to the next level now

fence_sence 08-22-2014 8:14 AM

Sick. Just sick.

MICAH_HARPER 08-22-2014 8:27 AM

im not sure him or hazen use the same board you can pick up at your local shop. May be the same graphics but betterbuilt and much much lighter. I could be wrong though. but that only happened once..lol

Sick trick none the less

timmyb 08-22-2014 9:42 AM

Just awesome! Dom definitely uses the same board that you can buy at any pro shop. Last year at the WWS Shred Fest in Colorado, he brought a few boards to sell and he opened a brand new one from the box, threw some stickers on it and that's what he used for the competition.

petrie141 08-22-2014 9:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyb (Post 1889824)
Just awesome! Dom definitely uses the same board that you can buy at any pro shop. Last year at the WWS Shred Fest in Colorado, he brought a few boards to sell and he opened a brand new one from the box, threw some stickers on it and that's what he used for the competition.

This is how it SHOULD BE. Sounds very "bait and switch" to me to make a board that looks exactly like the production board (graphics and all) but it's been lightened up or changed. Why even make a pro model board with someones name on it if that's not what he actually rides? Dom for the win!

timmyb 08-22-2014 10:13 AM

I'm not saying that the one in the video is the exact same but that he definitely used one in a competition that I judged.

tonyv420 08-22-2014 11:12 AM

I have had Dom behind my boat, and his board was definatley a off the shelf product, seen it with my own eyes, now Chase is a different story, his board was one none of us can get...

MICAH_HARPER 08-22-2014 11:23 AM

Like i said i have been wrong before once.....lol

guess that makes 2 times

denverd1 08-22-2014 12:08 PM

gross! And I thought wakeskating would have more tricks similar to skate at this point...

what board is that BTW?
- ahah!! the LF Doum

rplogue7 08-24-2014 7:03 PM

I have a TC skim and love it, but now I'm kinda downing myself over that extra $150 spent on it haha

wakemitch 08-24-2014 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverd1 (Post 1889842)
gross! And I thought wakeskating would have more tricks similar to skate at this point...

Are you serious? Have you not seen current wakeskating?
http://thewakeskatemag.com/video/marcus-knox/
and Marcus Knox is still an AM

denverd1 08-24-2014 8:35 PM

Good point. Surfing is advancing quickly IMO. There's a style very similar

Chaos 08-25-2014 7:37 AM

Basically for the past two years Dom has been riding his production versions exclusively; it is currently a compression molded board. In the past he rode hand shaped versions or prototypes of the production model. Chase usually rides hand shaped 'blue print' boards or prototypes, but will sometimes pick up the production boards for shoots and events.

It is a testament to Dom's skill, not necessarily a difference in boards. There is a lot less of a difference between production skim models and more high end or custom models. Custom skims allow the rider to specialize the board for them, but it is not necessarily a 'better' board. Higher end models use higher end manufacturing/materials. Dom is a powerful surfer, he can whip around most any board, even a comparatively heavy board.

The real amazing aspect of this is that he flips a 20"+ board in a mouse size pocket.

nick

rockballer 08-25-2014 7:57 AM

WOW... Some sick tricks there.... whole new level

CHern5972 09-02-2014 3:13 AM

Bad Ass riding for sure.

MCObray 09-03-2014 9:32 PM

Trick of the year... well best trick I don' ever seen for Wakesurfing.