WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Another Facebook Ooops! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808879)

grant_west 12-14-2018 4:56 PM

Another Facebook Ooops!

LOL Facebook says 6.8 million users had 3rd party apps access users “Photos”
Dude, if you have not ditched FB by now what’s it gonna take? And this is just the stuff you know about. The Cambridge Annilitica hack was not a wake up call that seemd to work! The sheep are still addicted to FB. Personally never had FB and think the platform is a total joke. Looking forward to its implosion.

wake77 12-15-2018 5:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1983514)
LOL Facebook says 6.8 million users had 3rd party apps access users “Photos”
Dude, if you have not ditched FB by now what’s it gonna take? And this is just the stuff you know about. The Cambridge Annilitica hack was not a wake up call that seemd to work! The sheep are still addicted to FB. Personally never had FB and think the platform is a total joke. Looking forward to its implosion.

You ditched FB? No wonder we haven't seen any "Obama's Grandma to Receive $175K a year, for life"-type stories from you. Without FB, where are you getting your news? Infowars?

fly135 12-15-2018 9:16 AM

I'm making buckets of money because I hooked up with a job contract through someone who I reconnected with on FB. Granted it still might of happened through LinkedIn, but there isn't a single photo I post on FB that would bother me if someone accessed because it's public anyway. Won a Wakeboarding magazine "old guy" contest and a CWB wakeboard and got in the fall 2015 issue of the magazine through my presence on FB. Got a free Jobe wakeboard because of my presence on FB. Have closer ties with extended family because of FB. I always can get instant confirmation that my adult kids are OK by seeing they recently posted on FB because they use it a lot. Get to see tons of pictures of my grandkids that live 1000 miles away because of FB.

Sure... every fad runs it's course but I'm not seeing any imploding in the near future.

grant_west 12-15-2018 3:09 PM

Funny how Mark J bringing up “the frog being boiled 1 degree at time” Triggerd you but the same thing happening in real life has no effect.

LOL

The stupid will be the first to go

fly135 12-15-2018 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1983539)
Funny how Mark J bringing up “the frog being boiled 1 degree at time” Triggerd you but the same thing happening in real life has no effect.

LOL

The stupid will be the first to go

That would be awesome. Then your dumb a$$ wouldn't be making so many idiotic posts.:D

grant_west 12-15-2018 7:37 PM

Quote:

fly135 I'm making buckets of money because I hooked up with a job contract through someone who I reconnected with on FB.
You lost tranny sister/ brother connection dosnt count. I bet your a prime example why normal people don’t post or have a FB account. To avoid weird F’s like you

ralph 12-16-2018 1:47 PM

That's uncharacteristically nasty G

markj 12-16-2018 7:39 PM

I now have an involuntary laughter response to the term tranny because one of the best lines in "The Office" was when Michael was fighting to be Santa and called Phylis Tranny Claus when she wanted to wear the outfit. Such a great non-PC show.

As for FB... Never had it, never will. Don't want it despite the fact we have four adult children now. I don't need to be up my kids' asse$ waiting to grab morsels of info.

deuce 12-16-2018 9:13 PM

...a lot like fly. I could not care less if someone stole my FB photos... Much like WW or WB or anywhere else I throw a photo online....I assume it’s public and can be snatched and grabbed. Hell, I don’t put chit on my phone that I don’t think someone can grab.

Yes, I FB, actually posted tonight.

markj 12-16-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce (Post 1983556)
Yes, I FB, actually posted tonight.

You and a lot of 13 year old girls... :rolleyes: Oh, and Fly135-who can't find good work without it on merit and reputation alone, despite a Yugely booming Trump economy. Poor fly... One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Fly always reminds me of the scene from Holy Grail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxMPqxJGqI

fly135 12-17-2018 4:39 AM

Mark, you have severe reading comprehension problems. It's like you are intent on proving yourself a bigger moron every time you post.

deuce 12-17-2018 5:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1983557)
You and a lot of 13 year old girls... :rolleyes:

I don’t believe kids are on Facebook. They’re all about Instagram and Snapchat.

psudy 12-17-2018 7:06 AM

Children may not be on FB but they sure are on WW. Jesh. But yeah Deuce, kids think FB is a dinosaur.

grant_west 12-17-2018 7:37 AM

My point is.
People simply don’t care that FB can’t or doesn’t hold your information private. Data breaches and leaks, O well I guess that “cat videos” people post on FB are so awesome you willing to turn the other cheek. Here is a good example, a few people in this very thread have said “I don’t care if some one stole my photos from The Fourm! Hey guy. They stole photos that you didn’t post dummy they stole photos or looked at photos that were private “On your phone”. Another person here says “I don’t care about the photos on my phone” That’s completely stupid. So because you don’t care about your privacy (and you should) 6.8 million other FB users should not care as well? The frog in the pot 1 degree at a time. Hey I say keep doing what your doing, FB needs Sheeple.

markj 12-17-2018 7:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly135 (Post 1983559)
Mark, you have severe reading comprehension problems. It's like you are intent on proving yourself a bigger moron every time you post.

Hey I’m just always looking for opportunities to crack jokes and make fun. Mostly at other people’s expense. Allow me to kiss the ring and repent. I guess I should be taking these very serious conversations more....... seriously. My apologies.

markj 12-17-2018 8:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Words to live by.

fly135 12-17-2018 11:42 AM

I love Family Guy probably way more than the next guy. But that kind of friendly ribbing doesn't work as well online.

@Grant, I don't use the FB phone specifically because it's too intrusive.

BTW that banana peel to dirt nap was a bit on point. In the hospital right now with a gallstone blockage.

markj 12-17-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly135 (Post 1983581)
I love Family Guy probably way more than the next guy. But that kind of friendly ribbing doesn't work as well online.

@Grant, I don't use the FB phone specifically because it's too intrusive.

BTW that banana peel to dirt nap was a bit on point. In the hospital right now with a gallstone blockage.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Heal quickly and hurry back so us sane people can keep ribbing you. Bottom line is you can't take any of this crap seriously. Some of us are here just to get our daily lib kicks in.

grant_west 12-17-2018 12:25 PM

Bit buy bit BIG Tech is tightening the rope around everyone’s neck. I have always hated FB can’t stand when someone starts a conversation “I was on FB and” I can just feel my eyes rolling. IMO Facebook is like asbestos. When asbestos first came out it was Considered a miracle product, Now anything with It is considered a product of death. O well. Keep on “Frending” and Thumbs Upping”

fly135 12-17-2018 2:00 PM

Thanks Mark.