WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   02 SAN 210 ballast system upgrade options (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805467)

beleza 09-06-2015 11:32 PM

02 SAN 210 ballast system upgrade options

I recently sold my 2000 Super Air Nautique and picked up an 02. In my old boat I just ripped out the entire factory ballast system and installed a reversible system with jabsco pumps. Although I liked the system, I don't know if I want to go that route again.

All I have is the two rear factory tanks. Is there anyway I can tweak the system so I can fill and drain each tank individually? And somehow get rid of the seacock handles that I have to manually open and close every time? I don't mind sticking to aerator pumps, I just want it to work like a normal aerator system.

Make sense? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

brichter14 09-07-2015 5:28 AM

I did a full aerator system in mine two years ago. 2 750s in the rear, 650 in the locker. Fills in 5 minutes.

You just need dedicated pumps for fill and drain and some check valves on both. I have a detailed install on planetnautique if u search my name

99ProAir 09-07-2015 10:17 AM

Three issues with aerator pumps that would make me consider reversible impeller pumps:
1) Aerator pumps will continue to fill while you are underway unless you incorporate a seacock at the inlet.
2) You need two pumps (fill and drain) verses one impeller pump.
3) Aerator pumps are not self-priming so you'll need to be underway to get the pumps to prime. Impeller pumps are self-priming.

I'd keep the seacocks as a safety item should you want to leave your boat in the water for an extended period (i.e. weekend). This way you can shut them and not worry about a leak developing that could sink your boat.

Seems to me if you are going to re-do your existing system, I'd go with a couple of impeller-based pumps.

brichter14 09-07-2015 7:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99ProAir (Post 1921889)
Three issues with aerator pumps that would make me consider reversible impeller pumps:
1) Aerator pumps will continue to fill while you are underway unless you incorporate a seacock at the inlet.
2) You need two pumps (fill and drain) verses one impeller pump.
3) Aerator pumps are not self-priming so you'll need to be underway to get the pumps to prime. Impeller pumps are self-priming.

I'd keep the seacocks as a safety item should you want to leave your boat in the water for an extended period (i.e. weekend). This way you can shut them and not worry about a leak developing that could sink your boat.

Seems to me if you are going to re-do your existing system, I'd go with a couple of impeller-based pumps.

1. Not true.
2. True
3. Not true.

I have one intake in the bottom of my boat that goes to a manifold with three aerator pumps on it. You just need a check valve on the fill lines to make sure they dont suck the bags dry while you are moving.

I fill all my bags at once while sittig still. 2100lbs in 5 minutes.

There are pros and cons to both.