WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2 Captains Chairs in a V-DRIVE? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777320)

okcwakebrdr 03-08-2010 1:20 PM

2 Captains Chairs in a V-DRIVE?

My freind Jenifer is trying to decide on getting reg V-drive seating or going with the 2nd passenger captains chair available in the 2010 23 LSV malibu. Any ideas on this? Storage loss or number of passengers it takes away?

sidekicknicholas 03-08-2010 1:30 PM

http://www.hightechmarketing.com/tige/default.htm

bill_airjunky 03-08-2010 1:31 PM

Yea, I have a buddy who owns a 2008 VTX with this seating. Just a guess but the one seat takes seating for about 3 away, plus the storage behind the regular passenger seat is a bit smaller.

That aside though, they love it. His wife has this thing about looking forward when they are at speed. She has to be up front too, or she gets motion sickness.

SkySki 03-08-2010 4:26 PM

My opinion, don't do it. I just sold my 27 foot boat that had captains seats. The one passenger had a great seat, but I always felt like it was not worth the lost seating/storage I could have had. I always wanted to rip it out and put in the lounge wrap around seating. I just sold it and now the next boat will have wrap around seating for sure!

ixfe 03-08-2010 8:34 PM

What is the point of dual captain's chairs? I'm am usually behind the wheel in captain's chair #1, but if I were a passenger, I would not want to be looking forward through the windshield. I'd much rather looking sideways at the captain, or backward at the rest of the crew. Why sit with your back to all your guests? It's not a car.

Loss of seating, storage, and resale value are three more reasons not to do it.

malibuboats4 03-08-2010 10:18 PM

well im willing to bet they pivot but they still seem useless

bill_airjunky 03-08-2010 11:05 PM

Said it once, I'll say it again. The folks that I know that own one of these boats did it because the gal writing the check for the boat had a tendency to get sea sick if she wasn't sitting in front & facing forward. Granted, it's unusual. These people tend to high speed cruise a pretty long distance in their boat, which might have something to do with her sea sickness. But not unheard of either.

All that said, I wouldn't do it either.......UNLESS it was something that would enable my wife to enjoy the boat more often. But when it came to selling the boat, I don't think it would sell as easily as the traditional interior.

polarbill 03-09-2010 8:00 AM

When I was selling Mastercraft's and Centurion's a few years ago this came up a couple of times. Every time it was the wife wanting to be able to look forward from the front seat. The way most of us use our boats it might not make sense but for a couple that wants to go for cruises it makes perfect sense. Would you want to be sitting shotgun in a car with no option but to look back or to the side? Also the seats swivel so you can turn it around if you want socialize with the people in the wrap around seating or watch someone behind the boat. I think it makes sense for some and doesn't for others. If you friends like it than I see no reason not to get it other than it may hurt resale some because people aren't used to seeing it in a wakeboat. Then again they might be able to sell it easier because some dude's wife really wants dual captains chairs and it would be one of the only used wakeboats with dual captains chairs.

matt_beck 03-09-2010 8:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Swivel?

bill_airjunky 03-09-2010 9:12 AM

Hehehe, nice Matt. Gotta love that. So is it just a coincidence that that seat & sun pad upholstery match so well? Or did someone actually have that one done?

psudy 03-09-2010 9:19 AM

That is awesome!

matt_beck 03-09-2010 9:57 AM

Coincidence. Good for pics.

dizzyj 03-09-2010 2:55 PM

one option to consider is some of the larger mastercraft boats have wrap around seating that will convert so the passenger can look forward.

my wife often reverses the back support on our 236, but there is no room for feet.

boardnxtx 03-10-2010 12:42 AM

I'd go with the regular wrap around seating. I'm not a fan of the look two captains chairs on the V-drives, or most any boat for that matter.

Now Matt's idea in that pic, is acceptable!!!