WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Hit a skunk (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798696)

markj 06-20-2013 1:51 AM

Hit a skunk

So I pull into my neighborhood today and see a small skunk scurrying around aimlessly next to the road. It was around noon and my instinct told me that 1. Skunks are nocturnal and this was really abnormal. 2. If this Stinky little thing was out at this time, it might have rabies. Well, my instinct also told me based on 1. And 2. I should run his as$ over. This was a split second thing and so... I did. Now my truck stinks (no surprise) and I am just wondering how long it's gonna sink. Any guesses?

machloosy 06-20-2013 8:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1828921)
So I pull into my neighborhood today and see a small skunk scurrying around aimlessly next to the road. It was around noon and my instinct told me that 1. Skunks are nocturnal and this was really abnormal. 2. If this Stinky little thing was out at this time, it might have rabies. Well, my instinct also told me based on 1. And 2. I should run his as$ over. This was a split second thing and so... I did. Now my truck stinks (no surprise) and I am just wondering how long it's gonna sink. Any guesses?

I'm literally LMAO right now :D you prolly did a good thing man but you're in for a solid 10 days of gagging. Go to Walmart and get the cheapest can of tomato puree you can find. Literally scrub it into the tire you hit the skunk with. Then go get the best under spray and wash in town (tip them well haha). It should help a lot

zimme 06-20-2013 9:34 AM

lmao... awesome. I have no advice for you, however.

monkey_butt 06-20-2013 10:42 AM

... feel like picking a fight ... I'm probably not the only one who isn't laughing ...

Posting the fact that you intentionally ran over an animal is something most people wouldn't tell their best friend and posting it online is even less likely but bragging about it really puts you in an entirely different category ...

Michael 06-20-2013 11:29 AM

You are a god damn hero Mark!! you saved the neighborhood from a rabid beast... I would have probably done the same thing. Cuddos for the quick thinking.

jarrod 06-20-2013 12:44 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!! Nice! And thank you. If you could somehow run over the ones that continuously spray my dog, that would be great.

markj 06-20-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_butt (Post 1828982)
... feel like picking a fight ... I'm probably not the only one who isn't laughing ...

Posting the fact that you intentionally ran over an animal is something most people wouldn't tell their best friend and posting it online is even less likely but bragging about it really puts you in an entirely different category ...

Hey man, it's not like I ran over someone's cat, dog, or a squirrel or bunny. The thing was acting erratic in the daytime! It had to have rabies or something. Within an hour it was gone. Vultures. That whole circle of life thing...

markj 06-20-2013 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_butt (Post 1828982)

The reason I posted was to ask how long my truck was gonna stink. I wasn't bragging. I also noted the highly unusual circumstances. Now go back to your PETA meeting.

monkey_butt 06-20-2013 1:25 PM

You're absolutely correct with your assessment of an animal while driving down the road

that's why I use the drive thru at the vet - usually takes less than 2 minutes to get the issue with my pets assessed ...

machloosy 06-20-2013 2:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_butt (Post 1829039)
You're absolutely correct with your assessment of an animal while driving down the road

that's why I use the drive thru at the vet - usually takes less than 2 minutes to get the issue with my pets assessed ...

He was actually right, but don't take my word. Since you're on good terms with your vet, ask him how often skunks carry rabies, and if erratic behavior/walking in the middle of the day is an indication of actual infection.

markj did the right thing. Didn't mom ever teach you not to pick a fight you can't win? :rolleyes:

markj 06-20-2013 2:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_butt (Post 1829039)

Um... Yeah right! Like I'm gonna pull over and try to pick up a skunk... Fat chance. I might consider using a 20 foot pole and putting it in your car though. You're actually making me laugh. I think you're just trolling.

bryce2320 06-21-2013 3:17 PM

50 points for Mark!!! Nicely done. :D
-50 points for Nicolas

wombat2wombat 03-14-2019 11:50 AM

My dog took a direct hit from a Skunk the other morning. That was fun washing him several times then washing the tub multiple times to get rid of the smell.