WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   total noob looking for advice on board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802737)

RoarPants 07-14-2014 8:04 PM

total noob looking for advice on board

hey guys, i just had my first day off wake boarding last Thursday with some friends behind my boat. i was able to get up on my first try and after 2-3 hours i was able to ride some without face planting immediately afterwards. i was riding a 2011 trip 138. im 6ft and around 145lbs. im not looking for anything extremely serious because right now we are boarding behind my 2 boats an 1982 V20 with 175hp and a 1962 Boston Whaler Nauset with a 75hp. ive been told neither have an ideal wake according to my buddies. but i really fell in love with it and want to get my own board. i just want a good board that i can learn with and occasionally take to my local park. i was looking at a 2009 trip 138 that was still new but before i do anything i want yalls opinion. what should i look for?

slipknot 07-15-2014 10:56 AM

Its ok to be a noob, you have to start somewhere.;)

The LF Trip is a tried and true classic shape. I would not characterize it as a beginner board but you could progress faster on this board. The LF Watson classic is a softer landing board and more forgiving board for someone like yourself. It is always hard for a new boarder to pick a shape unless you can ride it before you buy it. With the fins removed for the park, the Trip is still a great board. I would go with the Trip or Super Trip if you want the best for what you are trying to accomplish. You also may want to try the RONIX Vault I think you will like this board alot! Good luck to you!

chrislandy 07-16-2014 2:59 AM

I used to be a LF only kind of rider but now personally I'd (as mentioned already) look at a Ronix board as they seem to be well built (and a few of my friends have gone away from LF due to boards breaking) but find a local shop where you can try them if possible but don't go too advanced at the moment as it will only hinder your progress

RoarPants 07-16-2014 7:53 PM

thanks for the help! i picked up a never used 2004 LF evolution for $60 when i was out on the water i had to cut one of the straps off both bindings because they were so dry rotted and use a liberal amount of boot lube and this board blew my mind. it was hard riding it at first because it was sliding around so much more then i am used to but i got some air and i really wish i knew how much i got. even my friends who are more experienced were blown away by it. i have a really hard time riding it but its still fun. i went to singleton marine (i used to work there) and saw the massive selection (much better then west marine where i work now) the guy in water sports was extremely helpful and is probably going to help me set up a good board here in the near future. until then im looking for a new pair of bindings. my feet are RAW!.

but thanks for the help! im not stuck on LF by any means, but i will defiently take those into consideration when i get another board here soon.