WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New life for my old board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803620)

robandrus 11-03-2014 6:28 PM

New life for my old board

3 Attachment(s)
I loved my old Byerly Monarch, so when they changed the bolt patterns and my new boots didn't fit I really didn't know what to do with it. Now my board has a new life. So what do you do with your old favorites?

pipeboarder 11-03-2014 11:56 PM

thats freakin sick!! love it!! i always wanted to do the bench thing but unfortunately you need two boards for that and im still on my second. saving the first one though for when it happens. i go through snowboards much faster but they are always beat so bad by the time im done with them it isnt worth using them for a bench :(

good job.

shawndoggy 11-04-2014 5:19 AM

That is a big swing. Looks like you could jump on your neighbor's roof!

andy_nintzel 11-04-2014 7:39 AM

Building one asap! Brilliant Idea!

downfortheride 11-04-2014 9:09 AM

Rob ~ Have you tried any of the new BIG boards from Slingshot yet? Seen the thread and thought of you and your over 6' self.

eubanks01 11-04-2014 9:37 AM

Are those anchors screwed into the inserts or all the way through the board? I've ripped out so many inserts that it would scare me to rig it up that way!

skiboarder 11-04-2014 10:25 AM

Dude! I love it. That is happening at my house.

phathom 11-04-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1896953)
That is a big swing. Looks like you could jump on your neighbor's roof!

You know what happens when the kids go to bed and you have some people over
"Hold my beer!"

shawndoggy 11-04-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phathom (Post 1896975)
You know what happens when the kids go to bed and you have some people over
"Hold my beer!"

Just be sure to get it on vid for Tosh.0.

andy_nintzel 11-04-2014 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eubanks01 (Post 1896970)
Are those anchors screwed into the inserts or all the way through the board? I've ripped out so many inserts that it would scare me to rig it up that way!

I hear that! I was thinking of "T" bolting the one I am going to make.

Orange 11-04-2014 3:58 PM

I keep seeing images of that swinging back with nobody on it and catching a 3 year old square in the teeth... I love that thing for adults or older kids, but be careful if youngsters come by.

iShredSAN 11-04-2014 6:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pipeboarder (Post 1896947)
thats freakin sick!! love it!! i always wanted to do the bench thing but unfortunately you need two boards for that and im still on my second. saving the first one though for when it happens. i go through snowboards much faster but they are always beat so bad by the time im done with them it isnt worth using them for a bench :(

good job.

You don't have to have two boards for the bench. Here's the one made. Just took the back off of the bench and replaced it with an old board I cracked. Plastidipped it too because the sun took a toll on after a year or two of sitting on the patio.

markj 11-05-2014 1:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange (Post 1897008)
I keep seeing images of that swinging back with nobody on it and catching a 3 year old square in the teeth... I love that thing for adults or older kids, but be careful if youngsters come by.

Good point but, dang that looks fun. That is one seriously tall swing.

TC_Mastercraf_X5 11-06-2014 5:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a yuengling wakeboard that I plan to make into a bench as well, but havent found the perfect complementary board to build it with yet.

nuckledragger 11-08-2014 2:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iShredSAN (Post 1897018)
You don't have to have two boards for the bench. Here's the one made. Just took the back off of the bench and replaced it with an old board I cracked. Plastidipped it too because the sun took a toll on after a year or two of sitting on the patio.

This bench is awesome!