WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   How to Weight A Centurion for Surfing!!!!!!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803303)

grant_west 09-09-2014 8:41 PM

How to Weight A Centurion for Surfing!!!!!!!!

Unless ur boat is almost sinking your doing something WRONG. Please use this as a guide of "how to weight your boat" if it dosent look like this YOU ARE DOING SOMTHING WRONG.

You see these picture of these guys with these awesome wake-surf wakes. THIS IS HOW ITs DONE

grant_west 09-09-2014 8:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More

grant_west 09-09-2014 8:52 PM

This is PROOF "surf gates"and wake convergence systems like NSS are for looser's weight the "F" out of your boat and stop ur crying!!!!

WakeDirt 09-09-2014 8:56 PM

what lake is that?

cassidyb 09-09-2014 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1891916)
This is PROOF "surf gates"and wake convergence systems like NSS are for looser's weight the "F" out of your boat and stop ur crying!!!!

isnt sarcasm on the internet typically conveyed through italics rather than caps? whats with all the surf hate recently, your lack of punctuation/proper grammar/correct spelling in pretty much all of your posts certainly annoys me more than that boat....

grant_west 09-09-2014 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^Sorry for my messed up spelling^

grant_west 09-09-2014 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need to learn how to spell!

grant_west 09-09-2014 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I only had a brain!

grant_west 09-09-2014 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm so stupid I don't even know how I'm able to post

grant_west 09-09-2014 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not "surf hate'n" I'm only posting pictures of what I saw. If you see this as surf hate then that's ur problem.

501s 09-10-2014 12:30 AM

Can you imagine how much air you could get off that surf wave? I'm willing to bet 6-12".

wallis_tho 09-10-2014 4:01 AM

Holy ****:eek: you got any photos of the wake?

MICAH_HARPER 09-10-2014 4:54 AM

Thats DJ Jamez boat. Best wave in the industry. It also has the Switch Blade system on it. Its HUGE!!!

FastR3DN3K 09-10-2014 5:48 AM

Man, I get nervous when the water line is at my rub rail....you know you're slammed when the water line is touching upholstery.....

boardman74 09-10-2014 5:55 AM

I love all the extra bumpers and cushions so it doesn't get scratched on the dock. Never mind the fact that one good roller is gonna sink that thing!!

drnate 09-10-2014 7:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER (Post 1891934)
Thats DJ Jamez boat. Best wave in the industry. It also has the Switch Blade system on it. Its HUGE!!!

Gotta love DJ James! You can make fun all you want, that thing throws a monster wake! Check out his videos, you'll see :D

hatepain 09-10-2014 8:08 AM

Yeah that's James Harold's boat. It does throw a great wave but I hadn't realized that he listed it that much! I'm not gonna lie while underway my boats close to that, water all the way up to the top of the back corner bit not at rest. Water has to go over that back corner while he is underway. Pretty crazy!

hatepain 09-10-2014 8:21 AM

Here it is in action. You'll want to skip to the 50 second mark.

Wakesurf Day 1 at the Tiki Shack | Body Glove: http://youtu.be/BKWOsyw5YAQ

allzway 09-10-2014 8:27 AM

It looks pretty crazy just sitting at the dock, but that wave is pretty impressive for sure.

rockballer 09-10-2014 8:39 AM

That's an epic wave... It's also centurions entry level boat that's fairly old.

MICAH_HARPER 09-10-2014 9:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just has a wrap on it now.

That Switch Blade is crazy

MICAH_HARPER 09-10-2014 9:23 AM

Maybe a Diferent boat but it was his and the same model.

Imagine hitting something with that thing....lol

xstarrider 09-10-2014 10:00 AM

Here's what has my scratching my head. These guys are obviously hardcore surfers. That wave looks awesome . I have owned 6 Centurions. Why the heck did they buy the smalles boat in the line (Cyclone) at 20ft and change only to weight the piss out of it for surfing? I am not hating at all, just baffled

An Avy or an Enzo would obviously make the most sense

The Cyclone isn't their entry level boat. Never has been The Hurricane/Lightning/Elite V was. The Cyclone was produced as a "baby Avalanche" and has a very simar hull with a super steep poppy wakeboard wake, and obviously (even before that crazy ballast) a way above avg surf wake for 20ft'r. Price wise tho it was more $$$$ than its bigger sized entry level counterpart

tonyv420 09-10-2014 11:06 AM

this is how a surf wave is produced!! Love DJJamez wave!!

drnate 09-10-2014 3:04 PM

It kind of makes me chuckle because it's clear that the orginal poster was trying to make fun of the boat and list and we're all just coming on here and drooling at the wave, which is pure epicness.

You can take your surf gadgets and stick them up your tailpipe. There's no replacement for displacement!

ralph 09-10-2014 4:26 PM

Yeah G whats the problem? Stereo is bumpin, boat is slumpin. Don't be a hater.

hatepain 09-10-2014 5:11 PM

I don't see G hating here bit mearley showing a boat that's at a ridiculous level. If I saw this I'd snap some pics too and share them on here.

Truekaotik 09-10-2014 5:41 PM

My boat sits like that... What's wrong with it? Never swamped my boat in 6 years... Surf gate, NSS and Swell boats stop to watch. Actually had one stop and ask how we have such a big wave... LoL

Bamabonners 09-10-2014 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1891952)
Here it is in action. You'll want to skip to the 50 second mark.

Wakesurf Day 1 at the Tiki Shack | Body Glove: http://youtu.be/BKWOsyw5YAQ

anyone else notice that they dump a girl out of the back of the boat at the 1:00 mark? :eek:

LOL!!

501s 09-10-2014 9:46 PM

I really don't mean to be a hater but for what you guys are calling such an amazing wave, the best tricks that went down were surface 3s and some 12" airs? I honestly don't get it. Doesn't it get boring after you have those tricks down?

shawndoggy 09-10-2014 9:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501s (Post 1892049)
I really don't mean to be a hater but for what you guys are calling such an amazing wave, the best tricks that went down were surface 3s and some 12" airs? I honestly don't get it. Doesn't it get boring after you have those tricks down?

I sortof agree... but check back in with us in 5 years. Or 8. Will you still be pushing as hard. "surfing," albeit like midget dunk contests, is a fun way for a family to spend time on the water. If it gets you out with friends and family, it's OK by me (as long as your giant rollers aren't swamping me).

rallyart 09-10-2014 10:37 PM

What else is your Aunt going to do with her old waterbed mattress if not give it to you for weighting your boat. ReUse, one of the three R's of environmentalists. See, you all thought surfing might not be a big help to the environment.

501s 09-11-2014 8:46 AM

Hey Shawdoggy, I hear ya on that. I'm 37 and wakeboarding falls can't take their toll. But we started surfing in 2008 too and by the end of the first year we were bored. I've picked up new surf boards over the years and over each winter try to buy into the whole surf craze but come summer time, after 5 minutes of the first ride it's just boring to me. I can do 3's and airs, nothing amazing. But with that said I have never, in 7 summers seen a single wake surfer do a single trick on my lake and that's all we see people doing. We have one new star and 10 G23s on our lake and I've never seen as much as a wakeboard in the racks, only surfboards.

And don't get me wrong, I take people surfing all the time and my wife really enjoys it. My kids even started this year (but they always prefer wakeboarding :) )

I guess it would be no different than taking an Xstar and adding 5000 lbs if ballast to do 180s and straight airs. It's just those pics above seem like such overkill and work for the end result of a wave 4" taller. Just my opinion though, I know this site probably has more surfers than wakeboarders now.

MICAH_HARPER 09-11-2014 9:47 AM

it is what it is.

if you dont like it...move along

i also enjoy wakeboarding alog with surfing. i even bust out the skis every once in a while.
Its all in the name of having fun

phathom 09-11-2014 3:13 PM

That wake looks sick. I would love to ride that. I've ridden some pretty nice ones on some pretty nice boats, but that one looks amazing. Video is a few years old and stuff has progressed a bit since then, but still is pretty nice. Never had a wake throw a barrel you could actually get under like they did. Awesome boat setup, just hope it doesn't sink.

drnate 09-12-2014 8:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501s (Post 1892049)

That's an old video. Like everyone else, he has progressed and gotten better. Last I saw he was attempting Superman's behind the boat. And he gets crazy airs and 360's too. I would post a video link but I'm too lazy to use the interwebs search atm

hookedonboardin 09-12-2014 8:43 AM

MB Quart Onyx class D Amps vs PPI class D

That thing is crazy leaned

polarbill 09-12-2014 9:26 AM

All I can think of when I see that boat is the song "This is for my homies, with that gangsta lean, gansta lean"