WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Ronix board with blister on it (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808498)

Richard320 03-12-2018 5:57 AM

Ronix board with blister on it

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased a new ronix surf board last year before summer.
Used it all summer with no problems and stored it in my house for the winter. Took it out for the first ride of the summer this year and noticed a huge air bubble on the bottom side of it. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or knows anything I can do about it

Stazi 03-12-2018 6:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard320 (Post 1976572)
I purchased a new ronix surf board last year before summer.

Used it all summer with no problems and stored it in my house for the winter. Took it out for the first ride of the summer this year and noticed a huge air bubble on the bottom side of it. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or knows anything I can do about it

Contact Ronix directly. They have excellent customer service.

Chaos 03-12-2018 11:04 AM

It is called a delamination. Generally occurs from too much heat or often just a bad build.
Super common for chinese pop-out boards.

Nick

simplej 03-12-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 1976596)
It is called a delamination. Generally occurs from too much heat or often just a bad build.
Super common for chinese pop-out boards.

Nick

this.

infinitysurf 03-12-2018 4:13 PM

Did you leave it sitting in bimini surf pocket or racks, exposed to sun in really hot weather over summer for long period of time? Hopefully they will warranty for you. I have a cheaper CWB boat board that has a smaller bubble, probably from same thing since I have had that board since 2015.
One reason I really like Corson Pipers racks....mounted under my tower, bimini keeps sun off my good boards.

andy_nintzel 03-13-2018 6:51 AM

Sun + Wakesurf Board is a bad thing. Really Ironic but the sun and heat are super bad for boards.

imoore 03-13-2018 3:46 PM

Same as everyone said, it happens to some boards if you leave them in the sun for too long. I would contact Ronix's customer service, they're really awesome and should hopefully be able to help you out so you can get to riding again! For future reference, just be sure to keep it out of the sun and heat when you aren't riding.

Mike88 03-13-2018 5:21 PM

That’s exactly why I always keep my Soulcraft in his board sock.

Hope Ronix will give you something good!
Or sadly you learned the lesson the hard way. (Never let a surfboard out in the direct sun all day)

I think it’s more a *«*cheap*» Wakesurf issue (even if they are expensive)
My P5 Danielo had been on the direct sun for 8 years now with no problems.
I think it’s more a «*mass built*» board brand.
But at the price we pay our handcrafted custom board i don’t take any chance lol.

Richard320 03-14-2018 5:28 PM

thanks for the replys. i contacted ronix and they told me to go to the shop i purchased the board from and it will be under warranty. thinking of upgrading to a board that may be of better quality such as a phase 5. thinking i wanna get a nice hybrid board. any suggestions?

srock 03-15-2018 10:27 AM

Holy crap. I was looking for a cargo rack but what I am hearing is it will not work for surf boards?