WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   The Most People EVER at a Wakesurfing Event (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805160)

aiggy33 07-24-2015 10:14 AM

The Most People EVER at a Wakesurfing Event

4 Attachment(s)
No money was given out - all riders braving the Lake Minnetonka chop and floatillas out in the bay at the second annual Minnesota Wakesurf Championship.

Check out the photos below and our Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/mnwsc

tonyv420 07-24-2015 10:55 AM

does everyone in MN beach their boats like that?

jhartt3 07-24-2015 11:08 AM

yeah i've never understood it .. i have a 100k boat... lets put it on this beach

aiggy33 07-24-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhartt3 (Post 1917617)
yeah i've never understood it .. i have a 100k boat... lets put it on this beach

haha you guys are funny - as long as it is sand and you anchor up the back, it is all good!

Wiggy

boardjnky4 07-24-2015 11:11 AM

soft sand isn't going to do any damage to the gelcoat on the boat... if it drops off in depth quickly there won't be any issues. HOWEVER, I wouldn't want wakes crashing into my transom all day moving the boat around and potentially getting it jack-knifed into the sand.

Most of them aren't tied off in the front at all, that would bother me.

aiggy33 07-24-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardjnky4 (Post 1917619)
soft sand isn't going to do any damage to the gelcoat on the boat... if it drops off in depth quickly there won't be any issues. HOWEVER, I wouldn't want wakes crashing into my transom all day moving the boat around and potentially getting it jack-knifed into the sand.

Most of them aren't tied off in the front at all, that would bother me.

This is all good dialogue - for the record, there was no boat damage at the event and there were probably 50 boats beached throughout the weekend

boardjnky4 07-24-2015 11:18 AM

Sorry about the derail, that's totally awesome that you guys had such good attendance. Events like this are what keep watersports alive. Really awesome stuff!

all2matt 07-24-2015 11:21 AM

beaching it is sort of like driving your car in the rain, all the dust/dirt in the air gets caught by rain drops falling and hit your paint or that vehicle your follwing throwing sand from the road. Your boat trailer has a similar effecton your gel, do you vacuum the bunks before you put it on the trailer? how about the sand in the water that gets caught on your bunks as you load your boat? I float my boat on with out having to crank it on but still run the risk of slight scratches.

If your more worried about keeping your boat perfect rather than using your best bet is to leave it in the garage so you dont expose it the element like water spots, dust, etc....

tonyv420 07-24-2015 12:41 PM

First off, great attendance!! love to see this! I used to beach my I/O on soft sand all the time. When I sold it I could see fiberglass on the bottom of the hull. If your boat sits on sand and chop comes in and rocks it, eventually you will see wear. As far as leaving the boat in the garage? HaHa I have over 1400 hours in ten years of owning mine. (and have never beached it yet) I am far from trying to keep my boat perfect.

aiggy33 07-24-2015 12:55 PM

#beachingdebate

mdk681 07-29-2015 7:55 AM

This was a hell of an event. Such a great vibe, and it just shows the huge following of wakesurfing in Minnesota.

Lol - leave it to wakeworld to take things so far off topic. If people want to beach their boat, they will beach it. If you're against it, keep yours floating and move on!

tonyv420 07-29-2015 10:29 AM

All I asked was if everyone in MN beaches their boat like that. Moving on.........LOL

sidekicknicholas 07-29-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

does everyone in MN beach their boats like that?
In our area of Wisconsin, yes. Its all sand, like pure sand everywhere and lakes drop off fast. So yes. With that said we also have a keel guard on ours, but old boats we would beach it daily for years with zero damage ever.

... anyways, looks like an awesome time. We just moved outta Minnetonka a few months ago, this would have been a lot of fun.