WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Crooked wake on SuperAir 230 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808588)

jat147 05-17-2018 9:25 AM

Crooked wake on SuperAir 230

Howdy,
I'm a new owner of a 2011 SuperAir 230 team edition and am really loving it so far, except one thing. The wake is as big as you'd expect, but it's crooked so that on the riders right side it's perfect, but on the left side it has no clean shape at the top.
It doesn't seem to matter if the ballast is empty or full, or if the Hydrogate is in any position, the wake is perfect one side and messy the other. I've even tried half filling one ballast to try to push more weight to one side, with no luck. The Hydrogate seems to be the answer, and it is moving up and down with the lever, but no dice? What's the best position for it?

Heres a video of it running:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/d6lull9FGwQ1L5hF2

Any ideas please?

migs 05-17-2018 9:33 AM

hydrogate should be pushed forward towards the bow when pulling up your rider. Once the perfect pass beeps & you are at speed - pull it back towards the rear of the boat.

the side of the wake that is crumbling - is the side that needs more weight. So in that video, tell the rider to stay in the middle & add more weight to the side that has the crumble, keep adding until its clean. You also probably have to speed up a little bit as well.

jat147 05-17-2018 10:13 AM

Thanks migs, I'll try that at the weekend.

jonblarc7 05-17-2018 10:29 AM

How fast are you riding with full ballast.

If your going to slow it will wash one side of the wake out first. With full ballast your probably need to ride a minimum 21.5 and that's pushing it in a 230 with full ballast.

Fill the ballast up get up to 22 mph and if you one side is still washed out have one adult switch sides to the side that is washed out. Keep adding people until both side are clean.

Leadwake bags are nice to have in the boat to even things out.

jat147 05-17-2018 10:32 AM

We are a bit slower than that, and like to be 19-20mph most of the time.
I'll try at 22 and see how that alters it too.

Many thanks.

beleza 05-17-2018 11:25 AM

19-20 MPH in the 230 will be very hard to get a clean wake. Even at higher speeds, the opposite side wake of the rider will probably always be washy. That's just how the 230 wake is. I had an 08 and that was something that always drove me nuts. It was always hard riding in my buddies Malibu LSV that kept a butter clean wake on both sides, and then riding in the 230 that was always a little washy. Hopefully that all made sense...

migs 05-17-2018 2:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is 22mph on my buddies 230 with only internal ballast filled & 2 people on the boat. Clean on both sides.

19mph or 20mph on a 230 is way too slow. 230 is a huge boat.

migs 05-17-2018 2:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets add a pic of the boat as well. Summer's coming.

beleza 05-17-2018 9:38 PM

Actually migs that's a pretty washy wake IMO. It may be just a little wash, but it makes a difference hitting a wake with zero wash and one with even just a little wash. I am a nautique guy through and through but the 230 wake was just not my cup of tea.

jonblarc7 05-18-2018 5:35 AM

When you cut in it will completely clean up what ever side of the wake your hitting.

scottb7 05-18-2018 7:08 AM

Agree with everything said above...that looks like it would clean up when you cut in...230 is pretty finicky. you gotta weight it a lot and/or speed up...good luck. But big firm and huge when you get it dialed.

and also i would remind those that don't like going that fast, that, you can still control your cut/progressive edge in speed how you want to..in other words just because you are going a couple miles/hour faster then you are used to does not mean you have to cut in faster...

nauti4life 05-18-2018 4:48 PM

Too much weight on the STBD side or not enough on the port. Put the boat at speed and start draining the clean side until they both clean up.

Blamey 05-19-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nauti4life (Post 1978065)
Too much weight on the STBD side or not enough on the port. Put the boat at speed and start draining the clean side until they both clean up.

Did you read the post?