WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Book Club kicked off the Napa Valley wine train for being loud. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805584)

grant_west 10-01-2015 10:36 AM

Book Club kicked off the Napa Valley wine train for being loud.

A group of lady's (11+ lady's) booked a trip to Napa valley to discuss there latest book of the month.
Apparently before the train even got going the group was being loud and disturbing other passengers on "the wine train" the group was asked several times to keep it down by the wine train staff. Or they were offered the option that they could get off the train. They chose to get off the train. They received a full refund and a free bus ride back to the original starting point.

The group (who happens to be mostly black) has said that Race played a part in them being removed from the train. The group has retained a lawyer and is now Seeking $11 MIlLION DOLLARS.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...club/32299587/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/25...n-due-to-race/

#laughingwhileblack

jarrod 10-01-2015 10:38 AM

#lastmonthsnews

grant_west 10-01-2015 10:50 AM

^^^ correct ^^^^
But they just announce the 11 million dollar lawsuit & that's what made me post or sparked interest of topic . In the USA today link I was pretty surprised at people's nasty comments towards the lady's. Way worse said there then I have ever seen people post here!

Cabledog 10-01-2015 5:52 PM

11M what a joke. We've done that wine train trip. Boring but the wine was good and the wife loved it. Definitely not a nightclub setting. This will probably get taken the wrong way but we have moved tables at restaurants and left movie theaters because of obnoxiously loud groups of black people that ruined our time along with those around us due to their inconsiderate behavior. Those experiences came to mind when I first read this story.

ifishok 10-01-2015 6:20 PM

Hey, black wives matter!

grant_west 10-01-2015 7:41 PM

A few intresting things about this story.

#1 one woman who says she is a Nurse says she lost her job because of all the negitave social media backlash. (Just wondering how this happens)
#2 I'm pretty blowen away at the things people are freely saying on social media "Not" about these particular lady's but Blacks in general. Many many people are saying things very similar to what cable dog is/was saying.

The comment section below most of the online news story's is full of people saying some pretty crazy stuff. The kind of stuff that would get your Flamed right off this site. And the things people are saying with their Facebook profile attached to their comments Crazy!

deuce 10-01-2015 9:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1923591)
A few intresting things about this story.

#1 one woman who says she is a Nurse says she lost her job because of all the negitave social media backlash. (Just wondering how this happens)
#2 I'm pretty blowen away at the things people are freely saying on social media "Not" about these particular lady's but Blacks in general. Many many people are saying things very similar to what cable dog is/was saying.

The comment section below most of the online news story's is full of people saying some pretty crazy stuff. The kind of stuff that would get your Flamed right off this site. And the things people are saying with their Facebook profile attached to their comments Crazy!

Most of us have been here for YEARS and are part of a community. Those posts are dark, either not real names or just attached to a FB account and have like minded friends. The difference is easy.

Chit posted here blows my mind sometimes, comments on news feeds just reminds me the keyboard troll/DB is everywhere, but really just 5%.... Probably 5% here as well, just smaller sample...

10-01-2015 11:56 PM

The first rule of Book Club is you do not talk about Book Club. Instead you yell and scream about Book Club until you get bounced off the wine train before you can even get your drink on.

grant_west 10-02-2015 10:54 AM

^^^ that's a good one.

This is a odvious case of "GreenMale" extortion for money. I'm shure the lady's know they are not gonna get 11 million and I'm shure they know most insurance companys will settle out of court for a small fraction of their original lawsuits amount and I'm guessing they will all walk away with some amount of $. The question is how much?

denverd1 10-02-2015 1:44 PM

Damn. I'd laugh at this BS lawsuit, but they will probably get something out of it.

grant_west 10-02-2015 7:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverd1 (Post 1923657)
Damn. I'd laugh at this BS lawsuit, but they will probably get something out of it.

I hope these "lady's" get NOTHING not one cent. I know I will be called racist for saying such a thing but there I said it!!! Race Husslers here on W/W here is your chance to feel better about yourself and more worldly by calling someone a racist!

deuce 10-02-2015 9:02 PM

^^^ Why should they get compensated? Admittedly, have not even read the story, but too loud, off and ride home... Reasonable...

Trying to become a martyr is not becoming.

grant_west 10-03-2015 10:49 AM

^ :) ^
Quote:

Trying to become a martyr is not becoming
EJ: just trying to get my 27 virgins. !!!

BTW I don't think 27 virgins would be 1/2 as fun as 27 sluts!

denverd1 10-06-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce (Post 1923672)
^^^ Why should they get compensated? Admittedly, have not even read the story, but too loud, off and ride home... Reasonable...

Trying to become a martyr is not becoming.

Oh they definitely should NOT get anything. Wouldn't surprise me some liberal democrat of a judge doesn't see this case a clearly as we do